Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Have the DWS06+ shown any signs of flat spotting or early morning vibrations?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Raptor | 15 SS | 86 SVO | 65 350R Resto | GTPE
Country flag
Not that we've noticed.. and of all cars to catch it would be in a quiet EV too

RDZ89

First Name
RICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB ME GT
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
looks awesome man. any more pics?

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
I went to a shop looking for a similar setup and they said not to do the staggered setup on all wheel drive. Thought?
Go to wheel-size.com and check. A 245/45R20 and a 275/40R20 are within .1-.2 inches of being the exact same diameter...not a problem.

Last edited:

Skelton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Volvo XC60, 2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Since this is "Mrs Sitdown's car", there is no way I was going to have her daily on any summer tires in Chicago. Most all of my miles so far have been spirited ? Straightline they hook-up pretty well for an A/S tire, cutting 1.90 60fts, same or better than my Pzeros and so far my few good limit tests around our x-way cloverleaf interchange didn't leave me disappointed, or thinking i wanted to go back to the Pzeros. In the end theyre an A/S tire, so have taller tread blocks, but unless your coming from sportCup2s or 888Rs I think the minivan comparison is a stretch ??
We got some of the DWS06+ on our GTPE, and I liked them well enough for the first couple weeks. Granted I'm not racing it around, but I've had a little fun with it. Sadly, my wife removed a giant bolt from the road on her drive back from work, and the tire was toast. So we had to get another ordered. Fun stuff.

After reading a lot of reviews, I decided to go with the revised compound Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus tires. They are rated just about as good as the Michelin's but are known to be very quiet and a smooth ride. Owning a GT500, it's not like I am looking for maximum performance out of a tire but want decent performance with an all season and looking forward to seeing how they perform. I am getting them installed next week on my wheels and will be running them on my Premium for about a month and will report back how they handle and ride and what the difference in range might be.
I would be interested in hearing how they've turned out for you. That's what I was going to get initially, but the dealer wasn't able to find them in stock locally.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
markboris said:
After reading a lot of reviews, I decided to go with the revised compound Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus tires. They are rated just about as good as the Michelin's but are known to be very quiet and a smooth ride. Owning a GT500, it's not like I am looking for maximum performance out of a tire but want decent performance with an all season and looking forward to seeing how they perform. I am getting them installed next week on my wheels and will be running them on my Premium for about a month and will report back how they handle and ride and what the difference in range might be.

I would be interested in hearing how they've turned out for you. That's what I was going to get initially, but the dealer wasn't able to find them in stock locally.
Unfortunately I did not have them long enough but I don't think there would be a bit hit if anything at all in the loss of range. They did handle very well, were quiet but most of all, rode very smooth. Not the least bit harsh when going over a rough road or rail road tracks like the Michelin's are. I removed and sold them after about three weeks because I did not like the way the sidewalls looked (that is important to me) and wanted to go with one size larger front and rear anyway.

Ended up with the same type of tire I had started with a year ago on my Premium on the GT which are Michelin Latitude Sport 3. They are a lower rolling resistant summer tire and I really really like them. Quiet and handle well. They are a little more harsh riding than the Pirelli's but I can live with it. They don't have a great wear rating but I can live with that too. They come standard on Tesla Porsche and Mercedes performance SUV's. They are one of the few tires I can get in the staggered size setup I wanted, 255/45/20 front and 285/40/20 rear. All four are the same diameter (29") and sidewall size (4.5"). Front and rear look perfectly equal in size from the side but from the rear, it looks good having a wider tire.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Sadly the GT has been down for the count with the 12v drama the last month ?... Last shots from our thanksgiving roadtrip:

Ford Mustang Mach-E GTPE with Ferrada FR8 Wheels & Continental Extremecontact DWS06+UHPAS Tires img-8374-

Ford Mustang Mach-E GTPE with Ferrada FR8 Wheels & Continental Extremecontact DWS06+UHPAS Tires img-8374-

Very nice pictures.

RDZ89

First Name
RICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB ME GT
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
looks awesome @Sitdown . i really like the Ferradas for some reason they look bigger than 20s to me.
Sponsored