Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Yes, or course I would buy this car again. It's the best car I have ever had, as several people have said. The benefits of the MagneRide suspension, which is felt at all times, totally outweighs the problem of the 5 second limit, which only occurs when one is trying to clearly exceed the speed limit. Plus what other car gets so many random "Wows!"?
I feel the same way. Five seconds gives me all the acceleration I need. The MagneRide suspension is terrific. No maintenance issues at all, in part because mine was a June 2022 build so it came with the more robust high-voltage contactors.

That said, I'm not sure I'd buy the same car again this year. That's because of the price increases and the fact that I wouldn't qualify for the Federal tax incentive this year...
Sponsored

8Urchvy

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE - Carbonized Grey
Country flag
So...I sold my '21 MME GTPE for this bad boy. Loved the Mach-E Tech! like it was amazing, but glitchy most of the time. Like PAAK not working, and faults, but felt that was what comes with Gen 1 and it was worth it. I changed my tune a little with the limiter. Which it wasn't the limiter that was the problem, it was the fact that the GTPE had it. If I was in a Base model, I would expect it, but the GTPE shouldn't have it.

It would be like the GT500 having a limiter of some sort...which it doesn't!
Anyway, I could see myself buying again if I move back to California and need a fast/fun car to go to work, but they will need to have a better solution for the limiter.

BTW...don't give me your carbon green energy crap. A) I still have a plug-in hybrid and B)It doesn't hold up with the lithium mining carbon impact

IMG_0151.jpg

69748506304__16D1CBCE-3891-46B3-BEA7-05639388722C.jpg

8Urchvy

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE - Carbonized Grey
Country flag

Johnny572

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT performance
Country flag
Yes, I would
1st looks. The GTs looks better.
2nd MagneRide ride is unbelievable
3rd Speed (The 5 second rule is a bummer but not a dealbreaker)

If speed is that much of a dealbreaker then get a Model S Plaid.

Last edited:

Chicago-E

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE Iconic Silver, 2021 GTPE Space White
Occupation
Generator Technician
Country flag
Yes I would and Yes I did... Bought my wife a GTPE December of 2021 and I just bought my self a lightly used one 2 weeks ago. We are a two GTPE household now. Will hold on to these until next gen comes out. both have been trouble free from day one. each have 10k miles on them.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Two weeks into ownership. Does it do everything I “need” it to do? Sure. Would it be even better without the 5 second limiter? You bet. Is it faster 0-60 than a MME SR AWD? Absolutely, in all conditions. Is there any proof whatsoever that a MME ER AWD can beat a GTPE in any race? I know someone claimed that, but I don’t see proof. I think the power meter might and grey bars might be clouding perception. As the power meter doesn’t exist for other trims, you don’t have a visual representation when/if you are getting limited. I’m not a Ford apologist. Do I think that Ford is going to fix that for existing cars? No. Can I live with the limitation? I’d say yes.

Tesla MYP: Build quality issues widely reported. Subjectively boring styling.

BMW EVs: Price-wise not the same class, front grill is subjectively not attractive.

Audi E-Tron: Price-wise not the same class.

Yes, a performance ICE vehicle that weighs half to 2/3s weight of the GTPE will smoke it on a track. The MME GTPE should have never been marketed as a track oriented vehicle, because it’s not great there and I get why some are disappointed.

smoke20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Occupation
Electrical engineer
Country flag
I so agree with everything, BigMach-e.....especially your comment on Tesla. In addition, the M3 has an odd look (too much glass) from the front view. The MY is better proportioned from the front view....but EVERY Tesla causes me to think really hard "Which model is that?". I think the design is tired......boring.

koorb

First Name
Brook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Porsche Cayenne 2021 GTPE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have had my GTPE for 18 months and continue to enjoy it immensely. I am retired and only have 8,000 miles on it, but have had virtually no issues with the car. i have had a number of 60’s muscle and later 911’s over the years and the GTPE brings me more smiles. Living in a Texas university town, I don’t need the 5 sec limiter, just a few hundred feet to smoke the youngsters 😎
Ford Mustang Mach-E GTPE would you buy it again? 8DA52B23-4587-4225-BC72-88827E75B4A5

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
I think it's an interesting topic. I currently have a '21J1 Prem ER AWD and the acceleration always puts a smile on my face. I guess there must be a 5 second WOT limit on my car but there's no gray bar indication on my IPC to tell me if I'm approaching some limit anyhow. I've recently test driven a Space White GT PE with a March build date and was impressed enough to express an interest in trading up. I like the looks of the car, the seats, and although I didn't get a real chance to throw it around I'm sure the Mageneride is going to be an improvement.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I think it's an interesting topic. I currently have a '21J1 Prem ER AWD and the acceleration always puts a smile on my face. I guess there must be a 5 second WOT limit on my car but there's no gray bar indication on my IPC to tell me if I'm approaching some limit anyhow. I've recently test driven a Space White GT PE with a March build date and was impressed enough to express an interest in trading up. I like the looks of the car, the seats, and although I didn't get a real chance to throw it around I'm sure the Mageneride is going to be an improvement.
Naah, Mike. Only the GT and the GT-PE have the 5 second limit. They draw more power than the power handling stuff can deal with for any lengthy duration. That's why the trap speeds in the quarter are super-crummy for the GTs and pretty decent for the MME 4X cars. 🤪🐩

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wonder how everyone feels. Last night friends asked me if I’d buy the GTPE again. I had to honestly answer NO. I love almost everything about what this car is but the 5 second limiter is to humbling. I was sold a Tesla competitor. The whole 3.5 0-60 and all. No where was I told after 80 there’s nothing left and your top speed will be 125. Granted this isn’t an everyday problem but for the most expensive and advanced GT ever sold, it’s embarrassing to know you’ll lose to your friends wife in the Tesla or BMW. Never mind the Etron. I guess as long as I stick to light to light battles and traffic circles, I’m good. Facing the facts, I live more there than the 1/4 miles walk to 14+ something. I’ll likely sell it before I re-register it!
Change to the 1/8 mile where our GTPE shine. So far every run I have red lite to red lite its all GTPE. Traction and torque eats the ice RWD cars every time.
Sponsored