CarpeCarne

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER (job 2)
Country flag
I got a quote for $1500 to do an H7 Repellent Ceramic Seal for the whole car. Based on what I've read on here I thought that sounded too cheap so I'm wondering if there's something different about the H7 variety or something else I'm missing.
Sponsored

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Never heard of H7. Googled them and it looks to be an expensive coating of Japanese origin...but that doesn't mean much. Lots of variations between performance in coating longevity so I can't help much there. 1500 doesn't seem cheap to me if it's just a coating application. In fact, I'd say that would be downright robbery unless they are doing paint correction too.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
It's probably not as good as H8 Repulsive.
Why stop there. May as well go all in on the H9 impervious.

But seriously, to the OP, protective coatings are fairly easy to apply. The devil is in the paint prep. So itā€™s itā€™s value is a matter of personal opinion. PPF film is rather expensive since for the physical product and a bear to apply so itā€™s easier to gauge a price for.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Full year now on the DIY turtle wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating for like $30 CAD. Still beading with good shine and protection. I used a sponge applicatory pad. I did two coats 48 hours apart cleaned and clay barred both times. It goes on like a lacquer almost like laying/painting it on and you can see a thin sheen coat. I found cooler and bit below room temps was the best. One bottle installed two coats including glass with an inch or two left in the bottom. Tough stuff and I would say better than waxing every 4 months. I don't commute buy it survived last winter with a 10 and still good enough to try two. Pretty amazing stuff for the price.

Last edited:

MikeM67

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE AWD XR (Man 8/25/2022 Del 10/25/2022)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Did a full hood wrap and front leading edges ppf (mirrors, etc), 5 year ceramic, and ceramic window tint on 4 side windows for $2200. I think about average for shop applied work.

slimothyjames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
Full year now on the DIY turtle wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating for like $30 CAD. Still beading with good shine and protection. I used a sponge applicatory pad. I did two coats 48 hours apart cleaned and clay barred both times. It goes on like a lacquer almost like laying/painting it on and you can see a thin sheen coat. I found cooler and bit below room temps was the best. One bottle installed two coats including glass with an inch or two left in the bottom. Tough stuff and I would say better than waxing every 4 months. I don't commute buy it survived last winter with a 10 and still good enough to try two. Pretty amazing stuff for the price.
They have a new graphene spray now too! I use the same ceramic spray as you, but there's still so much left so I haven't tried the graphene version.

But I also agree. Several of those ceramic services are scams ever since it got popular. PPF is pricey but you know what you're getting and it holds up better against physical trauma such as scratches.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They have a new graphene spray now too! I use the same ceramic spray as you, but there's still so much left so I haven't tried the graphene version.

But I also agree. Several of those ceramic services are scams ever since it got popular. PPF is pricey but you know what you're getting and it holds up better against physical trauma such as scratches.
I bought two right off so still have a full one stored. So I will repeat but will look again in a couple of years. There is some pretty cool new stuff out there and this ceramic is one of them.

If you have the bucks to pay a detailer $140/hour knock yourself out. It can be done over the two day weekend starting mid afternoons. Rubber PPF will hold up better for stone chips I think but then I do not love it that much. I did install screen protection so maybe a bit of love ;).

jay1122

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E select AWD
Country flag
I just apply the CQUARTZ UK3.0 ceramic coating myself. New cars are easy without the paint correction. The coating is very forgiving to apply too. It takes about 2 hours and $65. I also do paint correction myself, but not on new cars. Not much return vs the effort. It lasts about 1-2 years with proper maintenance. Professional shops should be doing paint corrections. I personally think new cars are not worth it to be done by professional shop. Buying a neglected luxury used car is more likely the time to have a professional detailer involved.

Last edited:

DaveP

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium eAWD iced white assistance pac
Occupation
Real estate advisor
Country flag
I got a quote for $1500 to do an H7 Repellent Ceramic Seal for the whole car. Based on what I've read on here I thought that sounded too cheap so I'm wondering if there's something different about the H7 variety or something else I'm missing.
Check out Dirty to Dreamy in Auburn. They are doing my full front PPF and ceramic Coating

Beerbronco

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT (Moody Blue); 2012 Xterra
Country flag
Did a full hood wrap and front leading edges ppf (mirrors, etc), 5 year ceramic, and ceramic window tint on 4 side windows for $2200. I think about average for shop applied work.
Where did you have your work done? I am looking to have PPF applied too.

MikeM67

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE AWD XR (Man 8/25/2022 Del 10/25/2022)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Springs Detailing. They did a great job. They talked me into ppf on the bottom 1/3 of each side as well covering the black glossy trim on the bottom. Had the entire hood and front left and right panels completely wrapped as well with 5 year ceramic coat. They had to keep for 2 days to complete so that sucked but worth it. https://springsdetailing.com/

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

Why donā€™t just save this money for something more useful?
Farther I would speaking about daily commute cars, special expensive cars or weekend cars kept in garage is another story ā˜
Without proper preparation and regular maintenance all this money would be just thrown away. I DIY detail my cars and I know how hard this job is if it was done in right way. This job is priceless and Iā€™m pretty sure most of ā€œprofessionalā€ detailers cut the edges. Without using chemicals like hard spots and iron removals your car never would be really clean. Clay bar, paint correction, coatings give your car a cool look for some amount of time. But almost nothing for real protection and all this efforts are like fighting with windmills. If you really bothering about protection the PPF is the best way. But again what the point? Most of our cars would be sold or trade in after few years. PPF is too pricey and doesnā€™t add any value when time to sell will come. Paying a lot of money for PPF installation itā€™s very expensive gift for next owner. I better give this money for my son college needs, then for unknown guy.
Bottom line. I take care about my cars because itā€™s my hobby in another situation regular car wash is more then enough.
Sponsored