Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company this is probably the most pointless post since you’re going to ask for my VIN and dealer(DONT DO IT!) but you need to tell your developers that Blue-Cruise Hands-Free activation SUCKS!

My Bluecruise worked just fine on the highway this morning. I just drove on the same highway going the same direction, and Hands-Free REFUSES TO ACTIVATE! I turned the car off TWICE and it still won’t activate Hands-Free! The only difference was the sun being in a different location of the sky. I was demoing the car to someone that’s interested in buying and I couldn’t even demo one of the coolest (but least reliable functioning) features. Congrats, you lost an interested buyer on ordering one. The demo failed.

I tried turning all those advanced features off, turned the car off, waited 15 seconds, turned the car on, turned on all the advanced features, and the DAMN Hands-Free still won’t activate. My Hands-Free maps don’t expire until April. NOTHING is consistent nor reliable with this car!

A few nights ago, Hands-Free was working in a 70 MPH zone. No construction in this area for YEARS! Suddenly the car thought the speed limit was 50 MPH. This was a one-time only situation. I drive that segment daily. If the car is randomly going to assign fake speed limits, this car isn’t reliable to remain at a safe speed when a lot of cars are around! This software is starting to make me concerned it will cause an accident by suddenly dropping my speed from 70 MPH to 50 MPH.

Also getting regular alerts that Intelligent Speed Sign recognition not available. And also getting Reverse Braking Assist not available intermittently.

The software is glitchy for a $60K. Your developers need to test and FIX found issues before pushing software out.

Since getting the HVBJB replaced, the car has had so many weird software issues. I don’t know if it is PowerUp 3.5.4.2 causing all this frustration or the fact that the 12v dying and the failed HVBJB kept all the modules running at low voltages until the 12v failed.

All this for a car with less than 9K on the odometer and I’ve had it for less than a year.

Oh, and the driver seat STILL doesn’t respect stored positions. Push the FREAKING DSM over OTA already! It’s been out for MONTHS!!!
Sponsored

joes723

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE IBSM "LITHEUM"
Country flag
Did you check under your SYNC version menu in the settings to make sure your BlueCruise maps got the update beyond October 2022?

OP
OP
bncwhite

bncwhite

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
Yes. It expires in April. And the Hands-Free just starting working again on the way home. Such a finicky system.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
I've had it not want to work if the sun is directly in front of the car. Sun seems to blind the camera

RedRocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Bluecruise depends on a camera seeing the lane markings, I've noticed it struggles and kicks out if I'm driving into the sun and there is some glare on the road (especially wet roads) and/or lane marking are hard to see (dull/worn paint). So it can be inconsistent depending on conditions.

I've turned off the speed sign recognition, way too many construction zones that trigger sudden decels. I never noticed a false trigger, just pia construction signs (or signs i ignore due to traffic speed >> posted).

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I've had it not want to work if the sun is directly in front of the car. Sun seems to blind the camera
This is what I was going to say since you mentioned the sun in your original post. If the sun is directly hitting the camera, it won't activate. I had a long stretch down Route 81 in Virginia in the setting sun, and as I drove past different patches of forest (that provided shade), BC would activate, then drop out, then activate, then drop out--over and over until the sun finally went below the mountains, and then it was smooth sailing.

OP
OP
bncwhite

bncwhite

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
I was driving north and the sun was to my backside when it wouldn’t activate.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Maybe a GPS issue? If the GPS says you are outside of the BC geofence then BC wouldn’t activate. Try turning the car off for 10-15 minutes so the car (modules) goes to sleep and reset.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
There is a GPS bug with BlueCruise on some cars, because of that it will inconsistently engage and you may see strange speed limits since it thinks you are on a different road.

Lifting the 12V battery cable to reset all the modules can help temporarily, but it's not a 100% fix. I think Ford is still working on the problem.

Jtbuster

First Name
Brian oConnor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company this is probably the most pointless post since you’re going to ask for my VIN and dealer(DONT DO IT!) but you need to tell your developers that Blue-Cruise Hands-Free activation SUCKS!

My Bluecruise worked just fine on the highway this morning. I just drove on the same highway going the same direction, and Hands-Free REFUSES TO ACTIVATE! I turned the car off TWICE and it still won’t activate Hands-Free! The only difference was the sun being in a different location of the sky. I was demoing the car to someone that’s interested in buying and I couldn’t even demo one of the coolest (but least reliable functioning) features. Congrats, you lost an interested buyer on ordering one. The demo failed.

I tried turning all those advanced features off, turned the car off, waited 15 seconds, turned the car on, turned on all the advanced features, and the DAMN Hands-Free still won’t activate. My Hands-Free maps don’t expire until April. NOTHING is consistent nor reliable with this car!

A few nights ago, Hands-Free was working in a 70 MPH zone. No construction in this area for YEARS! Suddenly the car thought the speed limit was 50 MPH. This was a one-time only situation. I drive that segment daily. If the car is randomly going to assign fake speed limits, this car isn’t reliable to remain at a safe speed when a lot of cars are around! This software is starting to make me concerned it will cause an accident by suddenly dropping my speed from 70 MPH to 50 MPH.

Also getting regular alerts that Intelligent Speed Sign recognition not available. And also getting Reverse Braking Assist not available intermittently.

The software is glitchy for a $60K. Your developers need to test and FIX found issues before pushing software out.

Since getting the HVBJB replaced, the car has had so many weird software issues. I don’t know if it is PowerUp 3.5.4.2 causing all this frustration or the fact that the 12v dying and the failed HVBJB kept all the modules running at low voltages until the 12v failed.

All this for a car with less than 9K on the odometer and I’ve had it for less than a year.

Oh, and the driver seat STILL doesn’t respect stored positions. Push the FREAKING DSM over OTA already! It’s been out for MONTHS!!!
Same blue cruise problems. Quite a surprise to the car behind me moving at 70 mph and suddenly my car regenerative brakes to 59 mph.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I was driving north and the sun was to my backside when it wouldn’t activate.
You sure that the sun was at your backside while you were driving north? Can you please confirm this?

OP
OP
bncwhite

bncwhite

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
I was driving north. The sun wasn’t at my literal backside. I just know the sun’s position was south enough in the winter sky around noon for the car cameras to not be in direct sunlight.

joes723

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE IBSM "LITHEUM"
Country flag
Also, was your route anywhere on this map? Where the blue lines cut out and the BlueCruise in your car cut out?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Hands-Free Bluecruise is so inconsistent 1670177016039

OP
OP
bncwhite

bncwhite

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
Red: Cruise dropped to 50MPH.
(Last night I was in this area and realized there is a Speed Limit sign for 70 and attached right below on the same post a Minimum Limit 50 sign so I think the car camera got confused.)
Green: Daily commute Hands-free intermittently works.
Yellow: Hands-Free refused to work going North and South.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Hands-Free Bluecruise is so inconsistent 973C6053-A62E-4847-9F7E-BCCE3017BDB4
Sponsored