Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
Does anyone know how the lane assist feature reacts if you hydroplane on the road? I'm assuming that the system will overcorrect, resulting in a spinout type situation. I've been keeping mine off in this California rain just in case.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Does anyone know how the lane assist feature reacts if you hydroplane on the road? I'm assuming that the system will overcorrect, resulting in a spinout type situation. I've been keeping mine off in this California rain just in case.
The stability control system should react before the car attempts a steering correction. Since you should be holding the steering wheel anyway, you will end up with primary control of the vehicle.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I have found in Heavy rain, it does not stay in Hands free, lane centering mode, giving you control.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
If it cant see the lines, lane centering cancels itself. if the vehicles traction control kicks in, lane centering cancels itself.
The general consensus for any vehicle is to not use cruise control in bad weather, but if you do you’ll just get a bunch of cancelations.
Sponsored