2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Here is the radio
Screenshot 2022-12-26 at 5.12.40 PM.png

Here is SXM and TPMS
Screenshot 2022-12-26 at 5.12.56 PM.png
Thanks. Confirms there's nothing on radio/SXM, and TPMS too (the easiest thing to just stick 4 2-digit numbers onto). Damn. I know sometimes SXM just shows something generic if between songs (like the name of the sponsor during a commercial), but by showing the name of the channel ("Mosiac"), it sure looks like it just stays that way with no content info. That's highly disappointing.

WTF @Ford Motor Company ??? 😡

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
Thanks. Confirms there's nothing on radio/SXM, and TPMS too (the easiest thing to just stick 4 2-digit numbers onto). Damn. I know sometimes SXM just shows something generic if between songs (like the name of the sponsor during a commercial), but by showing the name of the channel ("Mosiac"), it sure looks like it just stays that way with no content info. That's highly disappointing.

WTF @Ford Motor Company ??? 😡
I was in my garage when I snapped the pics and SXM was having reception issues. I think it says the song name at times. I don’t think the behavior is any different than what the previous version displayed on small tiles.

Flashdog99

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT 2022
Country flag
Disappointed to lose Artist and Song while Carplay is on. Every car I owned had it in the main instrument cluster as an option for display. All this screen size and I can't see the song title without clicking a smaller tile? Such poor design.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I don't see any reason for the large tiles as long as the small tiles have all the same data on them. Which it appears they have room for (looks like 3 lines of text could fit on there). All they have to do it just put the data on them. Still waiting to see what's actually on the new radio/SXM tile and the TPMS tile. The scaled-down Trip Meter tile is the only one I've seen posted (below).

A little shorthand would be fine on the tiles. Just give us the data. The driver display is full of shorthand (short little indicators and numbers without identifying headers), so the small tiles could do the same. For instance, I'd be fine if the small Trip Meter tile below looked something like this instead:

TT: 73.8 mi, 1:09 (or T1 or T2)
3.1 mi/kWh

Ford Mustang Mach-E Happy accident at Ford service! I got the new updated SYNC 4A installed!! Non Early-Access Screenshot 2022-12-26 at 5.12.56 PM
That’s fine. I find the additional information provided on the larger tiles useful and it never hurts to give people choices.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Disappointed to lose Artist and Song while Carplay is on. Every car I owned had it in the main instrument cluster as an option for display. All this screen size and I can't see the song title without clicking a smaller tile? Such poor design.
Artist and title appear on the large tile when CarPlay is active, as I recall.

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
I took mine in to the dealer for the 20k service and found out they are giving me a second key fob (I have a 2021), doing the HVAC update and have a 15 module update to perform.

Flashdog99

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT 2022
Country flag
Here is the radio
Ford Mustang Mach-E Happy accident at Ford service! I got the new updated SYNC 4A installed!! Non Early-Access Screenshot 2022-12-26 at 5.12.56 PM

Here is SXM and TPMS
Can you also confirm what the Carplay dashboard looks like? That's the screen that shows the map and media at the same time. With the large tiles the Carplay dashboard had the map in a vertical format while when the tiles were small the map was a horizontal format. I prefer the vertical map format so I'm expecting to be annoyed....
Thank You.

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
Can you also confirm what the Carplay dashboard looks like? That's the screen that shows the map and media at the same time. With the large tiles the Carplay dashboard had the map in a vertical format while when the tiles were small the map was a horizontal format. I prefer the vertical map format so I'm expecting to be annoyed....
Thank You.
It is horizontal.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Happy accident at Ford service! I got the new updated SYNC 4A installed!! Non Early-Access IMG_3813

And reception was better in my garage a few moments later and the song title was displayed.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Happy accident at Ford service! I got the new updated SYNC 4A installed!! Non Early-Access Screenshot 2022-12-27 at 5.00.11 PM

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Large tiles are gone on the new interface, I believe
Well, if true, that’s unfortunate. But not uncharacteristic for Ford. They LOVE decontenting their vehicles in subsequent MYs 🙄
Sponsored