Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
It's not in FDRS for my car (2021 Job 2 GTPE) as of this evening 😭
I don't really know, but my work order said they updated: pcm, becm, sobdmb, sobdm, bcm, gwm, apim. If that means anything to you. I don't know anything about FDRS
Sponsored

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I don't really know, but my work order said they updated: pcm, becm, sobdmb, sobdm, bcm, gwm, apim. If that means anything to you. I don't know anything about FDRS
FDRS is the software they used on a Windows laptop connected to your car to update each of the modules you listed. APIM is the computer brain of the Sync 4A system.

Ford allows for non-dealer individuals to purchase licenses to also be able to use this software to update their cars.

Clearly your 22 GT had an update that isn't showing up in the software for many of us. I wonder if they are rolling this out in a ramped or phased manner to make sure they don't run into any update problems before turning it on for anyone.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
BEST part I've noticed is there is no more spash screen on the main screen!!! No waiting, it just starts!!!
Are you talking about the car animations when you get in the car and the pulse down to the volume knob that reveals the Ford logo?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
FDRS is the software they used on a Windows laptop connected to your car to update each of the modules you listed. APIM is the computer brain of the Sync 4A system.

Ford allows for non-dealer individuals to purchase licenses to also be able to use this software to update their cars.

Clearly your 22 GT had an update that isn't showing up in the software for many of us. I wonder if they are rolling this out in a ramped or phased manner to make sure they don't run into any update problems before turning it on for anyone.
One user is saying APIM showed up after they did GWM update

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
I like a lot about this update, but I’m going to miss seeing the tire pressure and music info in the cards.
Efficiency (mi/kWh) will be the big loss for me. I liked having that handy.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I showed GWM

I ran into problems trying to update just now -- check out my post in FDRS thread for the ugly details.
And THIS is why I don’t have a remote frunk release. Until Ford pushes it, I’m not going to risk breaking my car (and the probability of me breaking my car is inversely proportional to the probability of me winning the Mega-Millions) 😀

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I like a lot about this update, but I’m going to miss seeing the tire pressure and music info in the cards.
Wait - you mean the TPMS is gone?! WTF Ford??!!

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wait - you mean the TPMS is gone?! WTF Ford??!!
It's still there, but it's smaller now so you have to click on it to see the numbers. Unless I missed some way to shrink the screen like you can do now. It looks like it is always in the expanded mode.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
It's still there, but it's smaller now so you have to click on it to see the numbers. Unless I missed some way to shrink the screen like you can do now. It looks like it is always in the expanded mode.
So TPMS is not available unless it’s consuming the entire screen? That’s still pretty useless then.

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So TPMS is not available unless it’s consuming the entire screen? That’s still pretty useless then.
Unless I'm missing something. I'll mess with it more tomorrow and report back if I find a way.

Craigeddy111

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium, 2022 KIA EV6 GT Line RWD
Country flag
I have Android Auto, so far looks the same to me. It does connect way better though.
I noticed with my Android Auto that the frame rate is a bit choppy at times. How's yours? Our running theory is it's very smooth on cars that take THE ENTIRE screen (Ioniq, EV6, cars with small screens), but wanted to see what you report.
Sponsored