OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
I’m divided on this. Thinking on popping for a 2-day license to grab it, but also thinking I prefer the bigger times. Decisions, decisions. 🤔🐩
Overall it seems snappier. I think the smaller tiles is still worth it. Seems easier to navigate too (not that it was hard before), they just moved it around and made it make a bit more sense.
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Overall it seems snappier. I think the smaller tiles is still worth it. Seems easier to navigate too (not that it was hard before), they just moved it around and made it make a bit more sense.
The tiles were wastefully big before (lots of wasted space). But now it seems like they went too far the other way, and aren't even using them for active data in some cases. That's a huge feature - getting more useful info on one screen.

Slightly taller for 3 text lines (well used) would be ideal for my tastes. (Not that they asked me. 😄)

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
The tiles were wastefully big before (lots of wasted space). But now it seems like they went too far the other way, and aren't even using them for active data in some cases. That's a huge feature - getting more useful info on one screen.

Slightly taller for 3 text lines (well used) would be ideal for my tastes. (Not that they asked me. 😄)
I like the smaller tiles and will miss the extra info shown, but they really should just add all the old data to these smaller tiles.

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag

Haha, yeah. I totally agree! But given the 2 choices, I would pick this. Ideally a small line or 2 on the tiles would be better.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Make no mistake, this update was not to make the system more usable. If it was they would have eliminated the lag and stuttering. This updates purpose was to strip out functionality and details to make it easier to roll out to more models. Removing the car icon in the upper left and the open animations makes it easier to put it on more models. The elimination of the small main app with larger tiles means less work for them to maintain 2 layouts. It’s lazy cost cutting pure and simple. This update is a huge reduction in functionality and the more I see the less I like it. My car will be worse after this update and I will be complaining to Ford about it.

I almost did this when I got me 22 in November, I wish I had. Now I have the buggy 3.5.3 POS update. So my choice is stay on the buggy version, or move to their latest software excretion.

In case someone thinks I just don’t like change, I am the first to update my devices and frequently run betas to get access to new features as soon as possible. This is a reduction of features with no trade off.
Sigh. I think you may have hit the nail on the head here. This is basically “software decontenting”, just as they’ve been decontenting the vehicle 😡

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I’m divided on this. Thinking on popping for a 2-day license to grab it, but also thinking I prefer the bigger times. Decisions, decisions. 🤔🐩
Steve, I don't know if I would pay for a license if I were you. ... there definitely is something going on where some VINs don't see the update yet, and some, like mine, where the GWM update disappeared once other modules were up to date.

You might want to wait until this is sorted out a bit more next week...

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Sigh. I think you may have hit the nail on the head here. This is basically “software decontenting”, just as they’ve been decontenting the vehicle 😡
But it’s an “upgrade” 🥲
Ford Mustang Mach-E Happy accident at Ford service! I got the new updated SYNC 4A installed!! Non Early-Access 1671336710810

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Steve, I don't know if I would pay for a license if I were you. ... there definitely is something going on where some VINs don't see the update yet, and some, like mine, where the GWM update disappeared once other modules were up to date.

You might want to wait until this is sorted out a bit more next week...
We all like new shinies. In this case, though, I'd stay with the UI we know for now. The 4.x series is likely a bit away yet and there may be some tweaks to come before it gets pushed to the elite EA guys. ;)

Fins160

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Select C/T Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
But does it fix the profile issues (especially during remote start), CarPlay disconnects, and PAAK consistency issues that have been there since 3.5.x,
But seriously, are the major safety issues like guests profile fixed? As much as i love debating tile layouts, I would like to know if the basic bugs are fixed.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Just finished getting the updates using FDRS. Ran GWM update then APIM appeared. The APIM update took forever to copy the files to the USB Drive. Once that was done I had the updated screen like the OP. I like the updated interface.
Strangely another GWM update popped up which I ran but not seeing any noticeable difference yet.
Do you remember what Sync version you were before the update? And what is it now?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
But seriously, are the major safety issues like guests profile fixed? As much as i love debating tile layouts, I would like to know if the basic bugs are fixed.
The 'guest profile after a remote start' is not fixed on the Lightning with the new interface. I'm beginning to think that decision was intentional.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just finished getting the updates using FDRS. Ran GWM update then APIM appeared. The APIM update took forever to copy the files to the USB Drive. Once that was done I had the updated screen like the OP. I like the updated interface.
Strangely another GWM update popped up which I ran but not seeing any noticeable difference yet.
Can you confirm, did the welcome animations go away after you updated? The one that starts when you open the doors with the glowing lines swirling around the car. I’m really hoping they didn’t.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Happy accident at Ford service! I got the new updated SYNC 4A installed!! Non Early-Access 1671369342578

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can you confirm, did the welcome animations go away after you updated? The one that starts when you open the doors with the glowing lines swirling around the car. I’m really hoping they didn’t.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Happy accident at Ford service! I got the new updated SYNC 4A installed!! Non Early-Access 1671369342578
They are still there. I just checked to make sure.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They are still there. I just checked to make sure.
Oh good! Thank You!!!
I thought the OP had mentioned it not being there and the video he posted didn’t show it.
mom glad they kept that. It was one of the things I liked about the car.
Sponsored