billy_at

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
So happy accident today at Ford. I took my '22 Mach e GT in on Wed because there was no way to schedule updates (posted about it before) and it was stuck pending updates. It had been like that since I got it in October. They said they fixed it. When I got in I was surprised with the new Sync!!!!!

It seems so much quicker and less cartooney. I can't wait to mess around with it. I guess driving around in an EcoSport loaner for the last few days was worth it!!

20221216_144218.jpg

EDIT:
Quick Video of the differences I noticed.
Thanks for sharing this! Thrilled to see the instant camera button and the frunk button.

billy_at

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
I like the new design and camera feature. Not having a main screen button for trunk release is a miss. This is the only SUV type car I ever owned that did not have a dedicated button for trunk release. I have a early Job 1 2021 with a non-working frunk button in the frunk. I am not sure Ford will ever make that work. But having a quick access trunk button is kind of key I feel. I do love the car though being a Job 1 we been through a lot of frustration, PAAK, stuck updates, system resets, glass recalls, dealers service that have no idea how to handle this car etc, etc but I still love the car!!
There is a dedicated trunk and frunk release button now. Watch the video in the OP. It's in the top-right corner of the MME image (above Unbridle, Engage, Whisper).

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
There is a dedicated trunk and frunk release button now. Watch the video in the OP. It's in the top-right corner of the MME image (above Unbridle, Engage, Whisper).
They're on a screen that isn't persistent. People want the buttons to always be on the screen.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
OK people, keeping an eye on the tire pressures constantly while driving to detect a flat is not really realistic or necessary. If you hit a nail and it starts leaking rapidly, the system will alert you right away. It pays attention to both PRESSURE and RATE to trigger alerts. I can almost guarantee it will notify you of a dangerous leak before you happen to notice the pressure going down on the screen. If you have a very slow leak, then you are fine to drive on it for a while until the alert triggers. Then just pull over and fill it up with your pump if it's that slow.

A computer is watching the pressures for you, so you don't have to...

I feel like the pressure screen has become an OCD target for some here based on some of these comments.
I'm not sure how the TPMS tile became the most discussed one over the Radio tile and the Trip tiles, which are both far more frequently useful. I guess it's because people kept questioning why people care about TPMS. 😄

To me the real point is just losing data off the tiles period. Every item of current data they remove off the tiles to shrink them means more fiddling with the screen to get to it. There's still room on those small tiles for 2 or 3 lines. Seems to make no sense to go backwards by taking away convenient data for us as long as it still fits.

If they're not gonna put the 4 numbers on the TPMS tile, then why have a TPMS tile at all? Just make it a settings menu item. Makes no sense to remove the data.

ITfarmer

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Prem ER
Occupation
Babysitter
Country flag
Great, now instead of a 1985 Palm Pilot it looks like a 1987 Palm Pilot. Ford’s senior design guy, Grandpa, worked very hard on this.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Every time I drive. It's super easy to glance over when the tire pressure values are always shown on the card.
Hah. I've had my car 20 months and haven't checked the pressure yet. That's what Tire Man is for.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Great, now instead of a 1985 Palm Pilot it looks like a 1987 Palm Pilot. Ford’s senior design guy, Grandpa, worked very hard on this.
Thanks for that highly insightful and valuable comment.

ZoNiE

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Rav4 EV, 2021 Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Camera and Trunk button on the main screen. Shoulda been there from the start. Glad it will be there now.

Darkenmage

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT AWDe and Honda Insight
Occupation
Semi Retired
Country flag
I’m going to pass if I have to look at “Unbridle” instead of “Unbridled.”
Passing here too. Really? No one checked that and made sure it is right? MY OCD self cannot handle that..... Sigh

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (Build in progress)
Country flag
Camera button is huge. Our Highlander will kick on the 360 camera automatically under 6 mph and it's amazing to use while parking, especially in tight spots.

I hate having to slow down, hit vehicle, then camera to activate when parking. It only takes a few seconds, but it would be great to have automatically or at least easier to get to.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Camera button is huge. Our Highlander will kick on the 360 camera automatically under 6 mph and it's amazing to use while parking, especially in tight spots.

I hate having to slow down, hit vehicle, then camera to activate when parking. It only takes a few seconds, but it would be great to have automatically or at least easier to get to.
You should avoid hitting vehicles prior to turning on the camera it’s better to watch the damage occur 😬😉

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Must be rolling out now, I just updated, 21 job 2 in EA, seen others saying the same.

EDIT
4.1.1 is rolling out, but does not have the sync updates....crushing disappointment....
Sponsored

Last edited: