Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E,Fusion Energy, K1300GT, Gladiator Van
Occupation
Self-Employed
Country flag
Took delivery of my Mach-e on 15 Feb 21. That weekend, the Wife and I went on a 160 round trip without any issues. We really enjoyed the ride and the day. On 22 Feb 21, while driving to work, the camera system; collision assist system; parking assist; and the blind spot detection system all malfunctioned at the same time. I took the vehicle to Ford that evening. As of today my vehicle is still being reprogramed by Ford. Hopefully when my vehicle is ready, This time I won't have any issues!!

I'm extremely happy with the vehicle the short time I was able to use and enjoy it.

I'm Angry that I have a $60k car with electronic issues being delivered before it was ready. I would have rathered recieved the car 2/6 months later without issuses.

I purchased a Grey Premium AWD.

IMG_2081.jpg

IMG_2080.jpg

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
I'm Angry that I have a $60k car with electronic issues being delivered before it was ready. I would have rathered recieved the car 2/6 months later without issuses.
Unfortunately this is what happens with a brand new platform that is so different. It sucks, but at least they are fixing it, and you have a strong enough dealer network that can fix it. Ask Tesla folks about getting issues fixed in a timely manner

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Took delivery of my Mach-e on 15 Feb 21. That weekend, the Wife and I went on a 160 round trip without any issues. We really enjoyed the ride and the day. On 22 Feb 21, while driving to work, the camera system; collision assist system; parking assist; and the blind spot detection system all malfunctioned at the same time. I took the vehicle to Ford that evening. As of today my vehicle is still being reprogramed by Ford. Hopefully when my vehicle is ready, This time I won't have any issues!!

I'm extremely happy with the vehicle the short time I was able to use and enjoy it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Happy and Angry IMG_2080

Welcome to the forum, and I'm sorry to hear you went through this. But it sounds like the exact same issue that several of our other members experienced. It seems to be one of the pain points of being an "early adopter".
The reprogramming should fix it, however. I also think that the cars currently held up in KC for "quality checks" are receiving a similar fix, or at least review for this very issue.

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag

They have had your car for 11 days?

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
Feel your pain... Had the same experience with the relaunch of the Fusion back in 2013. I don't like to disclose it, but I was compensated well enough to be satisfied 'after the fact'. I will give Ford credit, they provided me with a reason to do it all over again because of how they handled it before.

I will only echo what i've mentioned to previous posters. Unless you are vocal, and voice your frustration directly with Ford (not the dealer) nothing will be done of value. Keep your expectations high, anything less is unacceptable. No matter what anyone says, first year or not.

OP
OP
Maruarder

Maruarder

First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E,Fusion Energy, K1300GT, Gladiator Van
Occupation
Self-Employed
Country flag
Feel your pain... Had the same experience with the relaunch of the Fusion back in 2013. I don't like to disclose it, but I was compensated well enough to be satisfied 'after the fact'. I will give Ford credit, they provided me with a reason to do it all over again because of how they handled it before.

I will only echo what i've mentioned to previous posters. Unless you are vocal, and voice your frustration directly with Ford (not the dealer) nothing will be done of value. Keep your expectations high, anything less is unacceptable. No matter what anyone says, first year or not.
Thank you for the reminder to Keep voicing my opinion to Coorperate.

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
I would definitely make sure I got a descent loaner. I wouldn't want to drive an entry level loaner as a $60k car is being fixed!

Thopter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Specialized Turbo Creo SL Expert EVO
Country flag
My ‘16 RS was one of the early builds and had the head gasket recall. Took it into the dealer. 5 pages of repair notes that said things like ‘metal shavings in oil pan’ culminatined with an entry of ‘install new shortblock’!

Had about 12,000 miles on it at the time. Took 3 weeks. On the plus side, fresh motor on Ford’s dime.

I knew better than to buy the 1st year of a car, but so much fun!

waldo1949

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue mach e 4x
Country flag

If you cannot accept these kinds of issues, you need to wait
for the second year of production of a new model.

Moogly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
If you cannot accept these kinds of issues, you need to wait
for the second year of production of a new model.
First Year models do have issues I agree.. But the issues we are facing in terms of charging and all the error codes are beyond first-year problems and should have been handled by Ford before they released the car. Ford has done a terrible job here and the lack of communication from Ford and the Dealerships is making things worst.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Bummer. I hope you get your car back soon.

I took a stone in the windshield and it has to be replaced. The dealer ordered new glass and waiting on shipping. He said it will be a two hour process but I think it will take longer because the camera and sensors for those systems will need to be recalibrated. I looked in the manual and it seems complicated. :(

waldo1949

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue mach e 4x
Country flag
First Year models do have issues I agree.. But the issues we are facing in terms of charging and all the error codes are beyond first-year problems and should have been handled by Ford before they released the car. Ford has done a terrible job here and the lack of communication from Ford and the Dealerships is making things worst.
When Volts first came out, mine was recalled 5 times in the first year for this kind of stuff.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
When Volts first came out, mine was recalled 5 times in the first year for this kind of stuff.
yeah I guess, but this constant news of failures of all sorts is really getting draining on the nerves. can't help but think that they fumbled the ball. I would have rather waited another six more months to get all this ironed out. It sets a bad tone, and with the Tesla ongoing mess, I was hoping for a better start. But, I'm hanging in there for now.
Sponsored