Has anybody had their BlueCruise take evasive action?

DrAchoo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Rapid Red RWD, St. Batt Mach E
Country flag
I use BlueCruise every day (and yes, I feel for those who don't have it yet), but I've always wondered what would happen if someone merged into my lane while I am in their blind spot. Will BlueCruise choose simply to brake or will it actually swerve to the side to avoid the car? Since this isn't a super-rare occurrence I'm curious if anybody has experienced it and what happened?
Sponsored

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
I can’t speak for BlueCruise, but in regular adaptive cruise control, my Mach-e slammed on the brakes when a person in the neighboring lane drifted into mine. It appeared to slam the brakes as soon as it sensed that I could not safely pass through the narrowing opening caused by the drifting neighbor.
It did not attempt to change lanes. I’d love to hear if BlueCruise changes this experience.

billyp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mache Gt
Country flag
I have no idea, but I would be surprised if Bluecruise would take any evasive action other than braking. In theory, braking should be pretty safe since the vehicle behind you should have sufficient distance to stop as fast as you do. Swerving into another lane -- even if empty is dangerous.

Johnny B

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium RWD 2017Nissan Titan XD Diesel
Occupation
Retired Software Developer
Country flag
Not using BlueCruise at the time, but the Collision Avoidance system swerved and braked when an oncoming car started to make a left turn in front of it.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I doubt there will ever be a "BlueCruise evasive action. This is a great example of why your hands need to be near the wheel. The Collision Avoidance technology is pretty well explained in the manual and videos.
Sponsored