Has anybody in this forum received their Mach E yet????

rafpug

First Name
Rafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 -| Mach E, EX, RWD, Star White
Country flag
Just got an email from Ford that my January delivery is getting pushed till end of March. Although my car Is sitting in Kansas City right now, so wondering if it’s gonna sit there for the next 2 months ?

can’t be good for the battery if it’s the case

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Just got the delay email too. My Mach-E already shipped, but now delayed to "March 19-25" per the latest email. :(

Evermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
Just noticed that my delivery date was pulled in. Used to be around Feb 12th, now Ford website is saying Jan26th-Feb1st
...and just got an email that my delivery date is now changed to between 24-30 of March! Car was done being built and shipped on December 30th. It arrived in Kansas City today, January 14th. So it’s going to take 90 days to get from a plant in Mexico to Phoenix? And 75 of those days are going to be to get here from Kansas City???

Ford could do with hiring a supply chain expert....

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Just got an email from Ford that my January delivery is getting pushed till end of March. Although my car Is sitting in Kansas City right now, so wondering if it’s gonna sit there for the next 2 months ?

can’t be good for the battery if it’s the case
...and just got an email that my delivery date is now changed to between 24-30 of March! Car was done being built and shipped on December 30th. It arrived in Kansas City today, January 14th. So it’s going to take 90 days to get from a plant in Mexico to Phoenix? And 75 of those days are going to be to get here from Kansas City???

Ford could do with hiring a supply chain expert....
No, this is clearly a car issue and not a delivery issue - unless the teamsters just went on strike nationwide (which AFAIK they didn't). This has to be an issue of some kind with the car itself. My guess is that your cars in KC are going back to cuatitlan for a repair, and then will have to be shipped back out again. That's the only explanation that fits a 6 to 8 week delay, especially since we know some cars are almost at dealers.

Evermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
No, this is clearly a car issue and not a delivery issue - unless the teamsters just went on strike nationwide (which AFAIK they didn't). This has to be an issue of some kind with the car itself. My guess is that your cars in KC are going back to cuatitlan for a repair, and then will have to be shipped back out again. That's the only explanation that fits a 6 to 8 week delay, especially since we know some cars are almost at dealers.
Yeah. Initially I thought I was unique in the delay. Looks like everyone is getting the same thing from the threads popping up. Almost certainly a car issue. Bummer.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
My speculation is that they wouldn't go back to MX unless it was something that can only be fixed at the plant.

They hand built the prototypes in Michigan and all the knowledge is there: Makes more sense to me to ship them to Michigan to fix (e.g. Explorers and F-150s). Unless it is something small that can be fixed quickly with only a small toolkit--then they would send teams out to the different lots on the shipping yards to implement that fix (er been part of that before).

Another reason not to ship them back to the plant is that the plant is still cranking out Mach-E's..where would they put these few thousand ones??

Another thought is that they just blanket added 60 days to everyone's car and will start pulling the dates forward as the cars are fixed and re-shipped. Perhaps we won't have to wait until March.

The irony here is that cars being built now (presumably with the fix in them) may get delivered before these stopped cars...

stlippert

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Red AWD ER
Country flag
So much for getting the launch right!

• Wow
Reactions: ARK

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My speculation is that they wouldn't go back to MX unless it was something that can only be fixed at the plant.

They hand built the prototypes in Michigan and all the knowledge is there: Makes more sense to me to ship them to Michigan to fix (e.g. Explorers and F-150s). Unless it is something small that can be fixed quickly with only a small toolkit--then they would send teams out to the different lots on the shipping yards to implement that fix (er been part of that before).

Another reason not to ship them back to the plant is that the plant is still cranking out Mach-E's..where would they put these few thousand ones??

Another thought is that they just blanket added 60 days to everyone's car and will start pulling the dates forward as the cars are fixed and re-shipped. Perhaps we won't have to wait until March.

The irony here is that cars being built now (presumably with the fix in them) may get delivered before these stopped cars...
Hmm, you're probably right about that. I was thinking that cautitlan was the place with the expertise to fix them, but maybe that isn't a correct assumption. In either case, the 6-8 weeks delay many are seeing has to mean that the cars are going somewhere other than dealerships to get fixed.

Thor188

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKX, Audi A4
Country flag
Are you positive that the Montreal Deliveries are going through Kansas? I think the Montreal deliveries get direct deliveries. When I look at the Palsapp, it says : "Origin :Montreal, Destination -" The Destination and the Origin shouldn't be the same. If it was coming from KC, then it should say Origin KC and Destination Montreal. ?
My understanding is the origin is where they pick up the vehicle. Destination is my Dealership. There is a CP Rail connection starting at KC, would make sense to continue on rail into Canada with drop off in Toronto then Montreal (according to their map), and my window sticker says "Rail" on the bottom.

Thor188

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKX, Audi A4
Country flag
So your car is already in Montreal waiting to be picked-up to be delivered to the dealer?
No, I "think" it is sitting in KC waiting to be transferred to CP Rail. Palsapp recognizes my VIN and has an assigned waybill number. When CP Rail brings it to Montreal, the Car Carrier will be notified and then complete the Palsapp page with a destination and delivery date the the dealership. KC seems to be the major hub for rail traffic and CP Rail has a connecting line that starts in KC and heads into Canada via Windsor, Toronto, Montreal. (According to their map)

PeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Red Mustang MachE
Country flag
My understanding is the origin is where they pick up the vehicle. Destination is my Dealership. There is a CP Rail connection starting at KC, would make sense to continue on rail into Canada with drop off in Toronto then Montreal (according to their map), and my window sticker says "Rail" on the bottom.
It would make sense, but in my case, the Origins IS the Destination :| In palsapp, the Origin says Montreal, which is where I am picking up my car.
Sponsored