Has anybody in this forum received their Mach E yet????

Jmills3232

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Own)2016 Focus Electric, (Ordered)Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
My Premium was supposed to be delivered by 1/18. It is now sitting in a rail yard 50 miles from my home and the ETA was moved back to 2/8. The dealer has no explanation. It and 4 others were "stop shipped" in Riverside.

So close!!
Sponsored

• Sad
Reactions: ARK

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
I can't speak for others, but my FE was built on 11/18/20 and is still sitting there. This is because Ford is trying to ship customer cars and my car is technically a dealer stock car. As far as I know, there isn't any reasonable way for the folks in Mexico to know that car is actually a customer car because is shows as a stock order in the system.

So, until they decide to start shipping the dealer demos......that car will sit there with all those other cars. Collateral damage in my case.
FWIW there do seem to be at least a few dealer stock (I guess FCTP) shipping. I am watching a Premium E4X that is dealer stock to Hertrich Ford of Easton apparently built 12/17, shipped 12/31, and with an ETA of 2/1. It happens to be same color/interior as I have on order (built 1/8 - no ETA yet) except for the extended battery. Considering if it might be possible to get that one instead. My own dealer's (Bob Davidson Ford of Baltimore) FCTP was built 11/3 and has no ETA so no obvious (to me) rhyme or reason to what ships quickly and what sits at the pant.

JDRGolfer1

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
My Premium was supposed to be delivered by 1/18. It is now sitting in a rail yard 50 miles from my home and the ETA was moved back to 2/8. The dealer has no explanation. It and 4 others were "stop shipped" in Riverside.

So close!!
That's crazy and sucks. Which premium version did you order?

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
I must say, this speaks volumes to the inefficiency of the US shipping system.

It seems like it would be far more efficient to load all the cars for a destination onto autoracks, group them together on trains, detach and re-attach in Kansas City to a new train to the destination.

Instead, they send them by train to KC, unload them, truck them to the next train terminal, and reload them on new autoracks to attach to a new train.
I guess that also explains why it costs $1100 to ship it from the factory to us, too......:confused:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

So close!!
Are the sales divisions of dealerships considered "essential businesses" under the various quarantine orders? and is your dealership in a county where that might matter?

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I can't speak for others, but my FE was built on 11/18/20 and is still sitting there. This is because Ford is trying to ship customer cars and my car is technically a dealer stock car. As far as I know, there isn't any reasonable way for the folks in Mexico to know that car is actually a customer car because is shows as a stock order in the system.

So, until they decide to start shipping the dealer demos......that car will sit there with all those other cars. Collateral damage in my case.
I'm in the same boat. Looked like it was getting ready to ship and then was changed with no recent update. In no real rush, so I sit here waiting patiently.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Thanks. Next time I will definitely email you on this thread for the info and completely disregard the person who has the Blue Oval on their business card.
Yes, what you suggest is good for many, though not all who have orders. Or, search the forums here for the dozens of threads that have already answered your questions multiple times. I think some of the most senior forum members are getting tired of newbies starting new threads with the same subject as dozens of others over recent months. This forum has a great search engine!!!

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My car was built on 11/28 but only shipped on 1/5. Many December builds shipped out before it. I would only say to those who are in a similar situation that it suggests nothing is wrong with your car if it isn’t being shipped despite weeks passing after it was built, it would seem to merely be a logistics issue if this is happening to so many people.
Have you seen the satellite photo of the factory staging areas? Hundreds of built cars may be blocking hundreds more depending on date of parking, closely related to date of build.

• Wow
Reactions: ARK

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Thanks, but my vehicle is going by Rail to Kansas then transferred to Canadian Pacific Rail from Kansas to Montreal. The palsapp does have my VIN "Pending" with a Montreal pick up.
Totally OT but I keep forgetting to tell you that you have the best pandemic Avatar ever. Hope your MME shows up in Montreal soon.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

Jmills3232

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Own)2016 Focus Electric, (Ordered)Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Are the sales divisions of dealerships considered "essential businesses" under the various quarantine orders? and is your dealership in a county where that might matter?
Yes they are.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Yes they are.
I was just trying to find some logic besides manpower shortages (which there is an extreme overabundance of) for the shipments to be dead in the water at that point.

I recall originally (last March?) the sales sides were not essential while parts and service were. That was the case out here as well. No longer the case here either.

Well. manpower and equipment issues most likely I'd guess then.
Sponsored