Has anybody in this forum received their Mach E yet????

Louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
Country flag
I believe we have a difference of opinion here about how we would define a launch being "right" but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt on your position as it doesn't seem to be coming from a bad place at this point. (The initial post I replied to absolutely came across that way to me at least.)

For me, a launch being "right" is 100% tied to what I end up with when I take delivery. If I get the car and there's an immediate recall (or a TSB that's effectively a recall without calling it one), that's a "wrong" launch. If there's a manufacturing issue that's detected before it gets to me, that's a "right" launch.

I look at it like software. If a beta tester finds a bug, that's a process failure on the developer side (because, duh, bug), but it's not a launch failure, because the product version hasn't launched to the public yet.

but as I said I think I see where you're coming from. I just don't agree.
Fair enough. I think we're actually 95% in agreement. Silly semantics, and minor inconsequential details.

A few cars did manage to slip through and get delivered to customers. 3, I think, were delivered in December. I'm guessing (this based on ZERO actual knowledge or data) that was so somebody (or the whole team) could get a Bonus for "Shipping it on Target: Q4 2020". :cool:

But, ok, if we are defining "Launch" as "A substantial number of product in customer's hands" then Launch hasn't occurred yet.

I liked to define a "Successful Launch" as "A bug free product gets into the customer's hands when promised & scheduled." Now I'm cracking myself up: "Bug Free". Nothing this complex is ever bug free; certainly not at launch.

I impatiently await my car.

I would actually happily take it today, knowing that it would need to be back in the shop next week for a fix or three. But I earned my living testing software, and leading teams that did such. I can handle Beta testing. All of that, assuming the "bugs" aren't software issues that are safety issues and might kill me. I have no desire to die while Beta Testing a product.

It'll all be ok in a few weeks. <<taps foot impatiently>>
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
All of that, assuming the "bugs" aren't software issues that are safety issues and might kill me. I have no desire to die while Beta Testing a product.
so, no Tesla for you then. got it. ??

Louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
Country flag
so, no Tesla for you then. got it. ??
After borrowing my BMW ActiveE, my (now ex-)wife became addicted to EVs and bought one of the first 1000 Model S cars. Other than a few 12v batteries that had to be replaced (they came to our house), and rear suspension that wore the inner edge of the tires out in <5000 miles, it was a pretty decent car. She's on her 2nd Model S now, upgraded to the new "Autopilot" hardware.

But no. No Tesla for me, thanks. Not to my taste.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My speculation is that they wouldn't go back to MX unless it was something that can only be fixed at the plant.

They hand built the prototypes in Michigan and all the knowledge is there: Makes more sense to me to ship them to Michigan to fix (e.g. Explorers and F-150s). Unless it is something small that can be fixed quickly with only a small toolkit--then they would send teams out to the different lots on the shipping yards to implement that fix (er been part of that before).

Another reason not to ship them back to the plant is that the plant is still cranking out Mach-E's..where would they put these few thousand ones??

Another thought is that they just blanket added 60 days to everyone's car and will start pulling the dates forward as the cars are fixed and re-shipped. Perhaps we won't have to wait until March.

The irony here is that cars being built now (presumably with the fix in them) may get delivered before these stopped cars...
There’s also a big Ford plant in KC where the cars are now.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
There’s also a big Ford plant in KC where the cars are now.
True...

I guess it would depend on what is wrong and what the fix is: Is it easier to ship the fix to the cars or the cars to the fix?

Thor188

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKX, Audi A4
Country flag
It would make sense, but in my case, the Origins IS the Destination :| In palsapp, the Origin says Montreal, which is where I am picking up my car.
Yes. Would say that even if you pick up in Montreal. Once they have it from Cp Rail. They
It would make sense, but in my case, the Origins IS the Destination :| In palsapp, the Origin says Montreal, which is where I am picking up my car.
That’s correct. When it arrives by rail. It will show origin Montreal. Destination will be updated to your dealership name and address.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It would make more sense if they just sent repair team to the US instead of shipping so many cars back to Mexico. Another probable cause could be software issue. They found something in it that can cause problems driving and keeping the cars there until they can push an update out OTA.
I'm a software guy and know nothing about car manufacturing. Apparently I was dead wrong and there is almost no way in hell they will send them to mexico for repairs. They're much more likely to send them to a central facility in the states for repair.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Sounds like these horses don't need fixin', just need some extra love before they get to their companions. (Hopefully this will not mean puttin' too many extra miles on them thar tires.)

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
I don't have time to read the 15 pages to see if anyone has received their Mach E, but I gather there is rework they plan to do on cars already manufactured that is hardware, not a software flashing.
I will go read the explanation from FORD thread next, but this may work out great for me. Was anxious to get the car in mid February, but now we are entering into a real estate transaction where I may be better off getting it toward the end of the year. Our lease on Mitsubishi Outlander ends Mach 27, but we might be able to extend or just do without as we both work from home and can get buy easily with just our 2017 Chevy Bolt which is bought and paid for with only 37K miles. While Chevy works on their long term fix for the battery issue some cars had, I can easily just charge to 90% which is their short term fix and what I have always done.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
There is no solid information suggesting it is hardware rather than software.

SebastienMachE

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Journey
Country flag
@ChasingCoral

Off topic : you’ve been a member since Feb 2nd, 2020. So 351 days ago. And you’ve written 5446 messages since. So simple maths tells me you’ve written more than 15 messages PER day ! ;)

Prolific, are you?

Seriously, I always like to read you. Stay sharp!

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I don't have time to read the 15 pages to see if anyone has received their Mach E, but I gather there is rework they plan to do on cars already manufactured that is hardware, not a software flashing.
I will go read the explanation from FORD thread next, but this may work out great for me. Was anxious to get the car in mid February, but now we are entering into a real estate transaction where I may be better off getting it toward the end of the year. Our lease on Mitsubishi Outlander ends Mach 27, but we might be able to extend or just do without as we both work from home and can get buy easily with just our 2017 Chevy Bolt which is bought and paid for with only 37K miles. While Chevy works on their long term fix for the battery issue some cars had, I can easily just charge to 90% which is their short term fix and what I have always done.
What we know is that they are going to inspect/test all the cars shipped prior to a certain date. We don't know any more than that, but it is assumed some will need some kind of rework. We all know about assumptions.

What I do know is that my car was built Jan 6th and shipped out on Jan 15th, with an ETA in NJ of Feb 17-23. There are others who are in roughly that same position, so it seems whatever the issue is it has been addressed (or is verified OK) for cars being made now. Your car will DEFINITELY not take 10 months to get delivered. In fact, it is likely based on what we think we know your car will only be a week or 2 late depending on whether it was made in Jan or before that.
Sponsored