Has anyone crunched the Ford Option numbers?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
There is a maximum allowable down payment on Ford Options, just like there is on a standard lease. I think it’s 35% or 45% of the cash selling price. I’m tired and don’t remember the exact number right this second. But it’s in that ballpark.
Right, but on that calculator is has been capped at around $9000 (~20%) on a select (depending on packages selected) until tonight. Now it is allowing up to 35%-40%, but I don't know which is correct. I am asking because I wanted to put $12500 down (fed 7500 + NJ 5000), and it wasn't letting me until tonight.
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Right, but on that calculator is has been capped at around $9000 (~20%) on a select (depending on packages selected) until tonight. Now it is allowing up to 35%-40%, but I don't know which is correct. I am asking because I wanted to put $12500 down (fed 7500 + NJ 5000), and it wasn't letting me until tonight.
You are correct - I tried this many times and there was a cap - its news to me that the calculator allows upto 40% - will have to check it out - Yup the numbers are crazy what we end up paying at least at the interest rate they have at this time for options

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
The options calculator on the UK website allows 35% deposit

Njia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape Hybrid, Mach-E Prem/AWD/Standard Battery
Country flag
No matter how I play with the numbers, the financial justification for this vehicle is pretty lacking. When a comparable MY comes in at $525/mo for a lease, and the best I can do on Ford Options without an outrageous downpayment on the MME is $725/mo (assuming I can roll the tax credit into the down payment, which I can't do), that leaves me thinking that getting this car is a sucker's bet. Ford had better do something about the interest rate on this vehicle, or they're going to have a fleet of them on their hands with no one buying.

Last edited:

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
The only reason that I can afford this car on options is because I have a big chunk of equity in my current car as I paid off the finance earlier in the year after getting a small inheritance. If I didn't have that to enable me to put down a sizable deposit I would have cancelled my reservation ages ago. My only issue is that the longer it takes to be delivered the less I will get for my car so the less I can put down as a deposit. Things might change still.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
So I looked it up, according to the US version of the handbook the max down payment is 25% of the cash price. This includes (cash down, rebates, trade equity, incentive programs). I can't say what is up with the website except that it is an estimator not the official source for the rules.
Sponsored