Has anyone gotten confirmation their Machdrop FE is in the order book yet?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We've been told the Machdrops are supposed to be entered into the order book in the 2nd half of this month (starting 9/18). Checked with my dealer a few days ago, not there yet. Emailed Ford yesterday and no reply yet.

Anyone else gotten definitive confirmation about the order book yet?
Sponsored

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
We've been told the Machdrops are supposed to be entered into the order book in the 2nd half of this month (starting 9/18). Checked with my dealer a few days ago, not there yet. Emailed Ford yesterday and no reply yet.

Anyone else gotten definitive confirmation about the order book yet?
I haven't heard anything. But I did email Suzan at the Mach Drop email address about 3 days after my dealer said he submitted my FE order. She confirmed that it was received and said I was all set. I asked if I would see it online and she said she didn't think so but to expect an email in late September or early October with more info.

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just got an email reply from the EV Team when I asked them to see if my Machdrop FE was in the order book yet. They said they found my name as an "upgrade request" that Program HQ will review for approval. WTF?!? I thought it was supposed to be a whole new order, but sounds like it's just an upgrade request to my original reservation. Ugh. What a f-king mess this is.

I'm also worried now that even if they do "approve" the upgrade, whether it means it may not deliver until 2021 since it's still tied to my original reservation#. That was the whole reason for trying for the Machdrop FE - to get in in 2020 for the extra $1500 state tax break.

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I have not received any notice either. As per the timeline that was explained to me by the marketing team when I upgraded to a Grabber Blue FE-The Ford marketing team received my new order from my dealer on 8/24. The books were closed on 9/15 and they were supposed to be inputting orders through this week and finalize by 9/28. Like you I was hoping I would get a build date, a vin, a proof of life, something this week. However, every morning I still have my original premium reservation on my Ford account taunting me in it’s space white plain-ness. Julie at the Mach Drop team did say that my Premium reservation on line might never update? Seems strange to me. Like I might have two cars on order. Regardless, I, like you, expected some communication this week. However, there is still Monday...

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Can anyone who has "upgraded" via this Mach-Drop do be a favor and check the "vehicle details" via the reservation website and let me know how it looks. Also, if at least one person who HASN'T requested this could share how that looks it could be helpful to compare.

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
OK, after I replied back questioning why it was only an "upgrade request", they replied quickly with an apology saying I'm actually on both lists - the official Mach Drop submission list AND the upgrade request list. When they initially looked me up, they found me on the upgrade request list and didn't look to see if I was also on the primary submission list.

Below is the pertinent explanation of the two different lists. They keep reiterating "will be placed in the dealer’s order bank by the end of September", so looks like we'll just have to wait another week to see anything.

~~~
As you have already identified, there are two lists that currently exist for Mustang Mach-E First Editions that were not reserved back in November. All orders originating from these two lists will be new orders – no existing reservations or orders can be changed to First Edition.
  1. Mach-Drop Campaign list: this contains all customer-generated leads that went through the official Mach-Drop campaign process.
  2. First Edition Wait List: this contains all dealer-generated requests that are not part of the official Mach-Drop campaign. Sometimes these are referred to as “upgrade” requests if the customer already has a reservation. Either way, as stated above, a new order will be generated. A buyer’s order is not required to be placed on this list, which is why, in some cases, more information may be requested before an order is placed.
Some redundancies exist between the two lists, but this is not a problem, as any duplicate requests will be accounted for and only one order will be generated per customer.

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Can anyone who has "upgraded" via this Mach-Drop do be a favor and check the "vehicle details" via the reservation website and let me know how it looks. Also, if at least one person who HASN'T requested this could share how that looks it could be helpful to compare.
Per the exchange I just posted, all Mach Drop FEs will be new orders, separate from whether we had an original order in place or not. That means nothing should change with the original order. When going in online and looking at our original reservation, we shouldn't see anything different on it. It's basically an order for a 2nd car that we'll eventually want to have our dealers cancel (unless of course we want to buy 2 MMEs).

I have no idea whether we'll be able to see the new FE order online or not after Ford enters it into the order bank over the next week. I would hope so, but we'll just have to wait and see. At minimum though, our dealers should be able to have the system email us a copy of the order details when it appears.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Per the exchange I just posted, all Mach Drop FEs will be new orders, separate from whether we had an original order in place or not. That means nothing should change with the original order. When going in online and looking at our original reservation, we shouldn't see anything different on it. It's basically an order for a 2nd car that we'll eventually want to have our dealers cancel (unless of course we want to buy 2 MMEs).

I have no idea whether we'll be able to see the new FE order online or not after Ford enters it into the order bank over the next week. I would hope so, but we'll just have to wait and see. At minimum though, our dealers should be able to have the system email us a copy of the order details when it appears.
Just curious if you have checked it or are able to check what it looks like currently.

Last edited:

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

Well, I am probably on that list #2 and the dealer and regional sales person cancelled my original order the same day they ordered the FE. All I see online is the sad "order cancelled" on my original Red Premium. Their web system is not the greatest, and I am expecting I will NOT get any updates through that online portal now, but only through the dealer.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I see this...

• undefinedKW and undefined HP
    `

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well, I am probably on that list #2 and the dealer and regional sales person cancelled my original order the same day they ordered the FE. All I see online is the sad "order cancelled" on my original Red Premium. Their web system is not the greatest, and I am expecting I will NOT get any updates through that online portal now, but only through the dealer.
Was yours an actual Mach Drop, or was it one of those requested the week before Mach Drop?

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just curious if you have checked it or are able to check what it looks like currently.
All I see in my Ford.com account is my original Premium order, unchanged. That one should not change at all until I have my dealer eventually cancel it.

Hoping a new entry for the FE shows up on the MY RESERVATIONS AND ORDERS screen next week, but unsure whether that linkage to see it online will take place or not.

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Yeah mine still has my original order. I am pretty confident that I have two orders out there. If this is the way it’s going to be, I will cancel my premium reservation 30 seconds after I drive off the lot in my FE and not a second before.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Has anyone gotten confirmation their Machdrop FE is in the order book yet? 0E4187D5-1A1F-43EA-9909-B377BCF15E4A

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah mine still has my original order. I am pretty confident that I have two orders out there. If this is the way it’s going to be, I will cancel my premium reservation 30 seconds after I drive off the lot in my FE and not a second before.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Has anyone gotten confirmation their Machdrop FE is in the order book yet? 0E4187D5-1A1F-43EA-9909-B377BCF15E4A
Thanks. I'm curious about what you or anyone else is seeing in the tabs below, like what ajmartineau showed.

I see this...

• undefinedKW and undefined HP
    `

I'm curious if this is something people are seeing across the system or if it might be limited to certain individuals who participated in this program.