Has anyone gotten confirmation their Machdrop FE is in the order book yet?

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I called my dealer also. I figured this is one of the easiest sales they will ever make, I might as well make him work a little. He said he didn’t see anything on his end, but the existence of the confirmation email was a good sign. Then he said something very interesting. He said he still sees my original premium order too, which was “a problem”. I laughed and said yeah, I guess I have two cars on order, to which he replied with relative concern-“No Ford doesn’t want cars at the dealer. Each car is a special order.” Which is odd, but understandable. However, what if I go to pick up my car and hate it-God forbid-but what then? Isn’t it a car in dealer inventory?
Sponsored

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I called my dealer also. I figured this is one of the easiest sales they will ever make, I might as well make him work a little. He said he didn’t see anything on his end, but the existence of the confirmation email was a good sign. Then he said something very interesting. He said he still sees my original premium order too, which was “a problem”. I laughed and said yeah, I guess I have two cars on order, to which he replied with relative concern-“No Ford doesn’t want cars at the dealer. Each car is a special order.” Which is odd, but understandable. However, what if I go to pick up my car and hate it-God forbid-but what then? Isn’t it a car in dealer inventory?
They may not "want" them at the dealer, doesn't prevent it from happening.

Chances are, though, that they won't sit there long.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Anyone else who did NOT do the Mach Drop, but got switched the week before get any email? I know there was at least one more of us. I got Nothing, but do have an order sheet copy from my dealer.
^That could be me...
I did not receive anything from Ford but I did get an e-mail from my dealer today. He said he would notify me as soon as he had a confirmed assembly schedule and/or VIN for the First Edition we had on order. We also talked about keeping my original order for a Premium in place because I am planning to take delivery of that as well. With a 58,161 reservation number...that could be sometime in summer 2021 as best as I can tell.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Same thing happened with me last week. Called twice and each time when they put me on hold to "do more research", it disconnected me. I think they are tired of this mach drop madness. I'm just going to ride it out and what happens, happens. If I get a FE, great. If I don't, I still love the premium order I started with. I'm just done chasing this stupid promotion.
The issue is WHEN you get the car. Tax rebate is very important...at least for me this year.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The issue is WHEN you get the car. Tax rebate is very important...at least for me this year.
Tax credits are why I installed an EVSE system more than 2 years before our first BEV will arrive.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
When my dealer placed my Mach Drop order, he actually asked that I not cancel my Premium order. He said they can't order any extras, but if I let my Premium arrive and then cancel it, they would be excited to have one to sell.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
When my dealer placed my Mach Drop order, he actually asked that I not cancel my Premium order. He said they can't order any extras, but if I let my Premium arrive and then cancel it, they would be excited to have one to sell.
Since mine was placed out of the drop, they made him cancel - actually they cancelled my premium.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I've got one better. I originally reserved a GT. I was told early on that I could change to a Premium at order time. Time came and I could not change the order. So, I had to order a Premium. Still holding the GT reservation. Now comes along Mach Drop and FE, something I wanted originally but missed. So I've worked out a deal with the dealer. I'll hold onto the GT reservation till December, he'll pick up. Also, the Premier that I was forced to order, the dealer is picking up. So the dealer ends up with 2 MMEs and I'm a happy camper with my confirmed FE.

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford doesn't want cars at the dealer? This dealer seems confused about that one. Ford may want to get vehicles to reservation holders *first*, but a sale is a sale, and a stock unit on a dealer lot is a unit that Ford - the Manufacturer - has already sold.
I think that "first" part is what they're referring to for this context. Obviously in the long run, there will be MMEs in stock on dealer lots like any other new Ford. But initially, Ford wants to try and honor reservation/order priority as much as possible. As they should.

And based on the numbers we've heard, that may be the entire first year.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I think that "first" part is what they're referring to for this context. Obviously in the long run, there will be MMEs in stock on dealer lots like any other new Ford. But initially, Ford wants to try and honor reservation/order priority as much as possible. As they should.

And based on the numbers we've heard, that may be the entire first year.
Yes, optics would be bad to have dealers selling cars off the floor while customers are still awaiting reservations made a year earlier.

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, optics would be bad to have dealers selling cars off the floor while customers are still awaiting reservations made a year earlier.
The likely exception being customer orders canceled too late in the process (thus ending up at the dealer to sell openly). But that's still initiated as a customer order, not a dealer-inventory order.

We've seen a few hints that Ford may be looking to discourage that process too. Wouldn't surprise me if Ford presses dealers to try and "clean up" these double (or triple) orders somehow.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The likely exception being customer orders canceled too late in the process (thus ending up at the dealer to sell openly). But that's still initiated as a customer order, not a dealer-inventory order.

We've seen a few hints that Ford may be looking to discourage that process too. Wouldn't surprise me if Ford presses dealers to try and "clean up" these double (or triple) orders somehow.
Especially triples as there was supposed to be a two reservation/order per person limit.

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I guess I’ll just have to buy two cars.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
My dealer said the same thing. I do not have a FE drop but rather a premium and a GT.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

If Ford is stretching the supply lines to produce sufficient vehicles to meet global demand, I’d certainly expect that to happen.
Sponsored