Has anyone heard ANYTHING from the dealership you put your reservation with yet? I have not.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
I have not and when I called to ask about it, I got transferred to 3 different Sales People and none of them seemed to know anything about the vehicle and in fact they all said they didn't know that there was a Mustang Mach E and were not aware of any new electric car coming soon.
How long ago was that? I could maybe see that happening last year.
Sponsored

quadroplexor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion
Country flag
I received an email from my dealership in mid December mostly general information. I asked some follow-up questions mostly concerned about driver seat (I'm 6'4). They replied with pictures of somebody my size in the car.

AmyJ

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I am from Northwest INDIANA and I got a phone call from my dealership within days of the reservation. I have also spoken with my contact and handful of times. He sent me a brochure immediately. I also heard from him again when the Chicago Auto show opened. My husband purchased a vehicle from them 6 months or so from them as well. We have been very happy with them. I was told so far I am the only reservation for the MME but keep in mind there are multiple Ford dealerships in my general vicinity.

AmyJ

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
The dealer called to let me know the date that they were going to have a Mach E in their showroom. This was the only call have I received.
What date will they have their MME IN? Where is this dealer located ?

bogey928

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME FE, 21 MME GTPE, 23 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Director
Country flag
What date will they have their MME IN? Where is this dealer located ?
This was in California in December 2019 right after the reveal when a model from the reveal made the rounds to a few of the high volume Ford dealers like Galpin. See posts 26-29 in this thread. I'm pretty sure nobody knows for sure other than the "fall" when actual production test drive models will show up at dealerships.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
This was in California in December 2019 right after the reveal when a model from the reveal made the rounds to a few of the high volume Ford dealers like Galpin. See posts 26-29 in this thread. I'm pretty sure nobody knows for sure other than the "fall" when actual production test drive models will show up at dealerships.
Yes, the vehicles from the reveal / LA Auto Show traveled to a few dealers in SoCal such as Galpin and you could look at it, but not drive it. I have reserved from Galpin and have had no contact from them at all, not even acknowledgment of my reservation. I reserved on Ford site. I certainly understand their sales department is basically closed right now, but a simple email would go a long way on customer service. I have a ton of choices on dealers in SoCal and I would assume I can change dealers on my reservation if needed.

Last edited:

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Also in the nothing brigade, never even had an email after making the reservation, so much for dealers following the steps guide from ford, they couldn't even make it past step one lol. I can't imagine the dealer I chose was swamped with pre orders either, I guess when it comes close to time of making the order they will be in touch at which point I guess I shall find out if they want to play the standard SoCal ADM game, or honor msrp / x-plan pricing.

Maybe the past few weeks of lock down and no doubt future finical uncertainty for a lot of people will put a damper on those dealers looking for a quick ADM profit as the legions of idiots that plague SoCal will maybe see the futility in paying over the odds.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
As I answered in the thread on the other forum on this exact topic:
"It’s about time I circle back and contact mine again to find out if they charge ADM and if they accept X-plan pricing. They called me the morning after the launch to congratulate me. Of course, I get emails every time they have a sale as they reach out to try to sell me an ICE."

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

HopefulAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I-PACE SE, x-Volvo XC60 T8 PHEV and x-Tesla S owner
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Has anyone heard ANYTHING from the dealership you put your reservation with yet? I have not.
I went by my dealer in Feb/20 asking about the MME. I was pointed to a young salesman that was eager and whose wife had one on order also. He said he was slated to go to Ford in May to learn about the car and that one would be coming to his service department to use for education. I called him recently because of the sheltering in place and asked if he was still going. He said that he was going in August for training. I asked how could I commit real money to this car without seeing and driving the car. He said that Ford was committed to having one to them for this purpose. (no more details)

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
Chatted with them as we sealed the transfer - nothing since - he does say that I am at the top of their list...

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Chatted with them as we sealed the transfer - nothing since - he does say that I am at the top of their list...
Nothing also. But you can't really blame them...there really isn't anything new to say to customers. No firm dates, VINs...

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Only heard this week because I asked to make sure everything was still good.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I received a message today with a screen shot of their scheduling details. The MME wasn't scheduled yet but it looks like it's going to be very soon because there are blanks in the upcoming 3 week periods where previously those boxes were blocked out. Getting close to getting more details I think.....

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I never heard from my dealer. I saw they processed my deposit. I went to visit they promised to have the rep call me with updates I never heard from him. They didn't seem to know much about the process either. When you place a reservation you don't hear anything you have no idea if it will be a month, several months, or a year. I have a lease that expires in July I have no idea if I will get the Mach-e by then or not. I may get it before or I may get it after. Trying to get info on the Ford Connected Charger is just as bad. I want to get it installed before the car. Both seem unavailable.
Sponsored