Has anyone NOT received their extra FOB?

OP
OP

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
My free FOB letter from Ford came in March 2023. I forgot about it. The program ended on August 5th so unless you contacted your dealer about it before then I think you are SOL. I had purchased a 2nd FOB in 2021 on my own dime and it's never been used. The only time PAAK failed me completely was when my iPhone was too old with a weak battery.
I think the only thing that will help me out is that the invoice I have that shiws dealer ordered is before program deadline. Seems they have been waiting for the FOB for months.

Things like this put a bad taste in peoples mouth. I dunno about everyone else but I am an EV fan and will be looking to buy another every 3 years or so. Stuff like this makes a difference and is a metric when researching/shopping for a new EV.

Dont let us down Ford.
Sponsored

OP
OP

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was never notified in any way about 22B10 and only found out about it by browsing the ford app one day when bored. Brought the car in for a different issue and mentioned 22B10, they were gonna order the replacement FOB but then the tech assigned to my car supposedly quit on the spot the next day and all his work orders were voided, then the campaign "ended". Was given the run around about having to call corporate to approve the extra fob and just kind of gave up on it for a couple months. Brought the car back to the dealer a few months later and brought up the 22B10 again, the tech helping me this time helped me get it by pretending the original fob I had was malfunctioning and to replace under warranty.
3yrs or 36000 miles I assume for warranty?

OP
OP

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi all, just wanted to provide an update on extra FOB. I was able to work with Tasca (thank you Amanda!) and my local Ford Field Service Engineer (thank you George!) to get the FOB and have it programmed at my last 30K mile checkup. Pretty much same FOB as original, except running horse is the lined one vs. the solid on back of FOB.

Also took the opportunity to test drive a Mach-e GT in preparation for my next EV purchase! More on that later as I start to research 2024 EV's for a mid-year purchase.
Sponsored