Has anyone not received their OTA update?

memcm_expert

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E First Edition Carbonized Grey, Audi Q7
Occupation
Systems Engineer Lead
Country flag
I haven’t and I’m wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.
Sponsored

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I haven't seen an OTA since I bought the car in early February. I've quit looking.

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB FE Mach e, ‘16 fusion energi, ‘14 Focus EV
Country flag
I haven’t and I’m wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.
+1. Evidently it was attempted on April first but it errored out according to @breeves002

" it appeared to get stuck on “Update VIL Generation”. VIL = “Update Vehicle Interrogator Creation Substep”. "​

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
+1. Evidently it was attempted on April first but it errored out according to @breeves002

" it appeared to get stuck on “Update VIL Generation”. VIL = “Update Vehicle Interrogator Creation Substep”. "​
What do you see for these part numbers?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Has anyone not received their OTA update? PXL_20210426_005243437

Darken

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Prius Prime, 2021 Mach-E Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Mid February delivery and no OTA updates received yet. I'm not concerned at this point, just annoyed there appears to be yet another connectivity issue with this car. I just hope they figure out the issue before the useful OTA updates start.

TOBG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-E Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
i got the first OTA at the end of March. I haven't received the second one yet. But the first one took awhile to get.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Still nothing. I’ve scheduled my car for service on the 14th since Ford’s phone support was limited to “Oh, you didn’t set a schedule for updates. You’ll never receive updates until you set a schedule. Set a schedule and you’ll receive the updates. Thanks for calling.” ?

Spck83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e extended iconic silver
Country flag
Finally got one of them I think first one since first time seeing the message in app

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
A few things...

Ron did mention that not all cars have the same software. Some of the logic is different depending on which equipment is installed (e.g. SR vs. ER, AWD vs. RWD, AutoPilot 360 equipment package, etc.). That makes sense.

He also mentioned the updates come in batches ... they don't update all the cars on the same day. So it's possible that it just hasn't come yet.

Also, when my car was manually updated (via connecting a laptop to update it) for the 12v issue, he mentioned they also installed all the other updates that were approved for production. Basically the same stuff that everyone else is getting via OTA was installed manually in my car. If your car was updated at a dealer ... then it's possible your car already has the updates that would have been included in the OTA.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
A few things...

Ron did mention that not all cars have the same software. Some of the logic is different depending on which equipment is installed (e.g. SR vs. ER, AWD vs. RWD, AutoPilot 360 equipment package, etc.). That makes sense.

He also mentioned the updates come in batches ... they don't update all the cars on the same day. So it's possible that it just hasn't come yet.

Also, when my car was manually updated (via connecting a laptop to update it) for the 12v issue, he mentioned they also installed all the other updates that were approved for production. Basically the same stuff that everyone else is getting via OTA was installed manually in my car. If your car was updated at a dealer ... then it's possible your car already has the updates that would have been included in the OTA.
Hence why I’ve given up on OTA and am now going to give the old-fashioned route a shot to see if that works any better. Who knows, instead of oil changes and tire rotations every 3 months, the service department will now be seeing me for software updates ?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
So far not impressed with the OTA feature, or lack thereof.
Sponsored