Has Anyone Received a Ford Connected Charge Station?

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
@Jimrpa did fordparts.com charge your cc when you preordered or will it charge when it ships?
They actually charged when it shipped. Also, according to FedEx, it actually shipped “sort of” from the dealer I ordered from. I say “sort of” because the from address is the dealer’s name, but not their town - it’s a town about 10 miles away. Very odd.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
So I get a call from the parts manager at my dealership this morning. "I see you have a charge station on order. Do you still want it?"

Apparently Ford parts called him to have him ask me the question. My guess is they are in short supply and trying to figure out how to dole them out.

My response was - "Yes, and my car is due in next week." He called me back later and says my order has been given priority and will be one of the next to be shipped out. We'll see.
Theoretically, FedEx is supposed to deliver mine today. Annoyingly, it is a signature required delivery (sigh).

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Theoretically, FedEx is supposed to deliver mine today. Annoyingly, it is a signature required delivery (sigh).
That's crazy. Normally the only deliveries I get that require a signature are whiskey! ?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So I get a call from the parts manager at my dealership this morning. "I see you have a charge station on order. Do you still want it?"

Apparently Ford parts called him to have him ask me the question. My guess is they are in short supply and trying to figure out how to dole them out.

My response was - "Yes, and my car is due in next week." He called me back later and says my order has been given priority and will be one of the next to be shipped out. We'll see.
So...5 hours after my conversation with the dealer, I get a shipping notification from Ford Parts.

Progress!!!

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Since covid hit, most delivery services are ignoring that requirement, at least in my experience. Even the whiskey was left on the doorstop.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Since covid hit, most delivery services are ignoring that requirement, at least in my experience. Even the whiskey was left on the doorstop.
They delivered today. All good.

MrsLofgreen

First Name
Shawnacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I ordered my charger January 25th through FordParts.com. My dealership called yesterday and said my order was in. I told them I was surprised because my order didn't show shipped online. They said they knew they wouldn't be able to get it through Ford so they went through one of their distributors and it is at the dealership ready for me. I don't know, yet, what that means for my order status online, if it will update to fulfilled when I pick it up this afternoon. Pleasantly surprised it was filled so fast because the electrician is coming Friday!

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine is also at the dealer. I entered my address in the shipping info when I ordered. Now I have to go get it. Sticking the dealer in the middle of this transaction adds no value for the customer.

This whole manufacturer/dealer/customer relationship thing needs to get dragged into the 21st century somehow!!!!

VaderMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, Mustang Mach E! (Shadow Black)
Occupation
Supervisor
Country flag
Ordered mine in late January, arrived beginning of February via FedEx. Currently sitting in the basement waiting for temps to improve so my electrician won't freeze and die doing the installation.?

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Mine just shipped this morning. Does this mean I get a build week assigned soon?

Probably not.