Has anyone received an OTA labeled "Ford Power-Up 1.4.0 "?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
No, but there was a glitch with my free kwh on EA. I stopped for a short charge at the EA in Abingdon MD today, and plug-and-charge seemed to work flawlessy. Until my wife saw the debit card charge on my Fordpass account for $3.01. I put 7kwh in, which comes out to $3.01. At first I thought it was a glitch with realizing that I still had 493 free kwh on my fordpass account, but in fact it ALSO reduced my charging balance by 7kwh. I hope this is just a one-off glitch....

Please post any comments about the charging snafu here: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...lance-and-charging-you-for-the-charging.7055/

Last edited:

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just asking for a friend...
What is Ford Power-Up 1.4.0? Any release notes?

Not yet, Ron. But I try to remember to put the parking brake on every time I park in case that speeds up the software deliveries. ;)
Mediation I hear does wonders. Ron is always first.

usmcsatcom

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
No, but there was a glitch with my free kwh on EA. I stopped for a short charge at the EA in Abingdon MD today, and plug-and-charge seemed to work flawlessy. Until my wife saw the debit card charge on my Fordpass account for $3.01. I put 7kwh in, which comes out to $3.01. At first I thought it was a glitch with realizing that I still had 493 free kwh on my fordpass account, but in fact it ALSO reduced my charging balance by 7kwh. I hope this is just a one-off glitch....

I had the same issue on a trip today.

hitchhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e 4x, 1965 F-100, 1999 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
At first I thought it was a glitch with realizing that I still had 493 free kwh on my fordpass account, but in fact it ALSO reduced my charging balance by 7kwh. I hope this is just a one-off glitch....
I just used plug-and-charge for the first time today, and I just checked and also had this problem. So definitely not a one-off.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
Just took delivery of my MME on Monday (May 10 build), and after connecting the car to Ford Pass and activating, a new section popped up with additional apps that can be installed to the car through the Ford Pass like Alexa and "Ford Play", but I haven't tried them yet. I heard those items mentioned in the Power Up announcement of upcoming features. (I don't use Alexa, so I don't want her in my new car.)

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Just took delivery of my MME on Monday (May 10 build), and after connecting the car to Ford Pass and activating, a new section popped up with additional apps that can be installed to the car through the Ford Pass like Alexa and "Ford Play", but I haven't tried them yet. I heard those items mentioned in the Power Up announcement of upcoming features. (I don't use Alexa, so I don't want her in my new car.)
The apps you're currently seeing referenced in vehicle or in FordPass are SYNC AppLink apps, which have been available for many years. The Alexa integration that's promised for inclusion in a future Power Up will likely be a more tightly integrated experience.

Here's more info on AppLink.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/app-projection.7059/#post-194686

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...zon-alexa-bluecruise-and-more-to-mach-e.6149/

https://developer.ford.com/pages/applink