Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Interesting, their business model seems similar to Carfax in that they want to offer a battery report for used EV listings on dealer websites. They want your data so they can create a statistical model of battery decline for each vehicle model. In the future this would affect the resale value of your car.

Probably not worth worrying about IMO, just creates more range anxiety.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Just saw this. Might be useful and its free (of course free means sharing your data). Has anyone tried this? https://electrek.co/2021/11/20/recurrent-monitor-and-compare-the-battery-health-of-evs-free/
I have.

Not sure what I expected. Is fairly rudimentary but useful.
Historical record of charge state updates monthly.

Other charts estimate car value, range vs similar vehicles, and map max range from home (Hoping that will be updated to showing there and back w/o charging.)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Has anyone tried this new Recurrent service 1637441425701

Ford Mustang Mach-E Has anyone tried this new Recurrent service 1637441756293

OP
OP
macgyver60

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag
I have.

Not sure what I expected. Is fairly rudimentary but useful.
Historical record of charge state updates monthly.

Other charts estimate car value, range vs similar vehicles, and map max range from home (Hoping that will be updated to showing there and back w/o charging.)

So if Im reading this correctly it says you should be charging to only 80% if you want to maintain maximum battery health. I thought it was 90%. Thats what Ive been doing each night.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
So if Im reading this correctly it says you should be charging to only 80% if you want to maintain maximum battery health. I thought it was 90%. Thats what Ive been doing each night.
Recurrent suggests using the general rule for all EVs without adjustment for Manufacturer guidance or differences in buffer strategy. For Tesla’s and their relatively small buffer the 80% suggestion is more important than it might be for MMEs with a large buffer.

OP
OP
macgyver60

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Recurrent suggests using the general rule for all EVs without adjustment for Manufacturer guidance or differences in buffer strategy. For Tesla’s and their relatively small buffer the 80% suggestion is more important than it might be for MMEs with a large buffer.
I see. I thought they were using the data they were collecting to develop better/more accurate advice about battery health. Not very helpful though if they are just applying the same cookie cutter advice to every EV. That seems to defeat the whole purpose of this system.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The 90% reccomendation is now gone from the owner's manual, it now just says:

With Charge Scheduling you can improve the high voltage battery's longevity by delaying the start of charging and setting a maximum charging limit. It is recommended to set your preferred charging times to be at least 2-3 hours after your typical plug in time. This allows the battery to cool before charging begins. Additionally, setting the maximum charge level to be less than 100% for everyday usage reduces strain on the battery.
80% is slightly better than 90%. If you can get away with 80% and come home with more than 30%, then you should try to do that instead.

OP
OP
macgyver60

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Chuck