Has anyone who ordered a Mach E after Aug 2021 gotten theirs?

mherbold

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Explorer XLT, 2022 F-350 DRW King Ranch
Occupation
CTO
Country flag
Heya!

I ordered my Mach E on 7/5/2021. Premium AWD model. To date, I have not gotten my car yet.

History:

Ordered on 7/5.
Gotten email on 10/2 saying my order has been converted to a 2022, assuring me that my place in line has not changed.
After a few changes, my production week ended up on 1/24.
Ford tracking page shows "In production" but no check mark in the "In production" bubble.
I called dealer - they said they contacted Ford and they say the car has been built but is parked and waiting for chips.

This makes me wonder - has anyone who ordered their Mach E after August 2021 gotten theirs? If so, Ford lied about me keeping my place in line. Please leave a response to this post if you have ordered a Mach E after August 2021 and have actually gotten yours.

Thank you for reading!
Sponsored

KennyPratt42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Rt 1 AWD
Country flag
Cars are not on a first come first served basis based on individual orders, it is based on dealer allocations. Based on your timeline it doesn't sound like you were delayed based on being converted to a '22, just one of the many over the last year that have had to deal with a chip hold.

1969Camaro

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium, 2018 Prius Prime, 1969 Camaro
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Found one on a dealer lot that was built in December. My August order is sitting with ZERO activity.

Jbkimmel

First Name
Judson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
@mherbold I’m afraid you’re not going to like the answers you receive to this query. @KennyPratt42 is correct re dealer allocations and it also depends to some extent on whether you ordered the SR vs ER battery - the latter being in shorter supply. Or least it was in 2021. I ordered my SR AWD Premium in late July to a MN dealership that hadn’t sold many MMEs and received it in late December. I hope your MME gains traction again shortly!

OP
OP
mherbold

mherbold

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTO
Country flag
The model I ordered is the ER battery. But the car is built and done - it was built the week of January 27 as scheduled. It has the ER battery and everything. It is only missing the chips. My concern is that it has been sitting, missing chips, for 5 weeks now, and I am wondering if Ford is putting chips in cars that were ordered after mine.

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
My 2022 MME Premium was ordered in late September 2021 and I took delivery at the end of March 2022. Almost exactly six months from order to delivery. But I work with one of the largest volume dealers in my state.

OP
OP
mherbold

mherbold

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTO
Country flag
I am still waiting for mine. A nearly 10 month wait so far. Ford has updated the status of the car on March 10 stating that it has been built, and to expect delivery between April 17 and April 23. I ordered the car through Sanderson Ford in AZ.

Woodchuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Mustang GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ordered my GT Extended Battery in October..... Received it 14 March.... The only thing was that Ford did increase my price by $2000 which kind of surprised me.

igotnoclevername

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sequoia/QX60, Maybe Bronco 6G WT/Lightning/Mach E
Country flag
I ordered in September, had my 21 converted to 22 and had a 1/3 build week. I (along with almost everyone else in that week and the week after) went on chip hold. Mine sat for over 2 months while cars built after mine (some the exact same build) got completed and moved on. As much as it sucks they weren't going to stop the line to bring my car back in, even though they obviously had chips. I still don't have my car, but it has finally made it through Kansas. There are still people in those build weeks that haven't shipped yet.

TLDR; Fords going to do what Fords going to do. Check out the Bronco board if you really want to read about Ford saying one thing then doing something completely different.

Humblest

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME Premium AWD ER; '21 Mini SE (EV)
Country flag
Ordered June 4. As of last week it had been produced, then held for chips, then completed and shipped and reportedly passing through Laredo on the way to Kansas City, MO. Once in KC, MO I suspect it gets trucked from KCS railway to BNSF railway in KC, Kansas for a long slow trip to California.

Be patient. It's not as if you have much of a choice. At least Ford is good with communications.

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
I am still waiting for mine. A nearly 10 month wait so far. Ford has updated the status of the car on March 10 stating that it has been built, and to expect delivery between April 17 and April 23. I ordered the car through Sanderson Ford in AZ.
it will be out of chip hold eventually. ford is not stupid to throw away a car needing a few chips

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
i ordered 8/5. got mines in feb.

PalsyWalsy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 400H, Lexus 300H, Buick Enclave, Mach E GT
Occupation
School Administration
Country flag
Ordered 10/27/2021 and took ownership 3/18/2022. Dark matter gray GT.

Djynn81

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E premium
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
Ordered Aug 2021 got mine on 3/24/2022

OP
OP
mherbold

mherbold

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTO
Country flag
What the hell? I still haven't gotten my Mach E. 10 months now. First the delivery was scheduled for April 28. Then May 7. Then just now I got an email from Ford saying June 8. WTF? The car is built and shipped and is sitting in Texas at a junction point. At this rate the 7500 fed rebate will be gone before I get my car. Why are they saying I won't get my car for another month???
Sponsored