Has Ford published a list of committed Model e Dealers yet?

shark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
I want to know which Ford dealerships I should be giving my business too, especially for service.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I believe they have until Dec 2nd to register for the program.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
dealerships near me are actively refusing to service my vehicle, i don't know if it's a result of this program but i wouldn't be surprised
Gotta love that customer service

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I'm not sure the December 2 deadline will stick. Ford is getting a lot of pushback from dealerships and trade groups. One of the primary sticking points is the requirements for certified 'ships to spend $500k - $1.2MM installing DCFC. In exchange, they get a limited allotment of EVs - that they can't keep on the showroom floor - and that they can't sell at significant profit. In other words, Ford hasn't offered the 'ships much incentive other than the threat that they'll be left behind if they don't bend the knee.

Ford dealers begin to contest Model E sales plan - Autoblog

And something to consider... small dealerships will be hardest hit. So if this certification is the basis for where you want to direct your dollars, just be aware that you're likely directing those dollars to a large dealership conglomerate.

Last edited:

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That seems to be enough incentive. Let them die or buy them out if they don’t wanna join.
Small dealer is the only dealer within 350 miles. Maybe 10 to 15 Ford EV’S in town, no need for a DCFC at dealer, one size does not fit all, installing DCFC should make business sense and not be forced on a dealer - small, medium, or large.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Small dealer is the only dealer within 350 miles. Maybe 10 to 15 Ford EV’S in town, no need for a DCFC at dealer, one size does not fit all, installing DCFC should make business sense and not be forced on a dealer - small, medium, or large.
It's not being forced, they can just stay Ford Blue

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's not being forced, they can just stay Ford Blue
Yes it is being forced on them to stay in business long term as the push is to move away from ICE. Also no way an Ford EV dealer can open in town with the small level of EV’S at this time. Business decisions should make financial sense and not just be at the whim of a so called “Visionary”.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I'm not sure the December 2 deadline will stick. Ford is getting a lot of pushback from dealerships and trade groups. One of the primary sticking points is the requirements for certified 'ships to spend $500k - $1.2MM installing DCFC. In exchange, they get a limited allotment of EVs - that they can't keep on the showroom floor - and that they can't sell at significant profit. In other words, Ford hasn't offered the 'ships much incentive other than the threat that they'll be left behind if they don't bend the knee.

Ford dealers begin to contest Model E sales plan - Autoblog

And something to consider... small dealerships will be hardest hit. So if this certification is the basis for where you want to direct your dollars, just be aware that you're likely directing those dollars to a large dealership conglomerate.
I suspect Ford will still allow late entries but the financial assistance might be reduced or eliminated. We scrambled this past month issuing quotes to dealerships all over Northern California because they are totally on board with the EV program. Generally speaking, our prices are about 50% higher than what they can buy a similar spec product from Rotunda so the dealers would be wise to sign up now. What is likely to happen is that dealers in California, New York and other ZEV states will suck all the funds that Ford has set aside for the program and then when the other lagging dealers finally realize they passed up on a discount it will be too late.

If I remember the program terms correctly.....this Friday is the deadline to commit to a program that will be completed by Jan 2024. Dealers that miss this program will get another opportunity in 2025 to commit to a program by Jan 2027 (I think). So, there still is time for the dealerships to figure out what their business model will handle.

cdiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Honestly, I think it doesn't make sense for most dealers to have DCFC on-premises. When I'm stopping at a fast charger, I want a place to buy food (or at least a bag of chips), soda, and a clean restroom. Now, I don't know about your Ford dealer, but mine ticks none of those boxes.

I think mandating every dealer install a DCFC is a mediocre way to plug gaps in the charging network in rural areas and just going to resort in unwanted and little used chargers in more built up areas.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Yes it is being forced on them to stay in business long term as the push is to move away from ICE. Also no way an Ford EV dealer can open in town with the small level of EV’S at this time. Business decisions should make financial sense and not just be at the whim of a so called “Visionary”.
This x2.

One size definitely does not fit all.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Honestly, I think it doesn't make sense for most dealers to have DCFC on-premises. When I'm stopping at a fast charger, I want a place to buy food (or at least a bag of chips), soda, and a clean restroom. Now, I don't know about your Ford dealer, but mine ticks none of those boxes.

I think mandating every dealer install a DCFC is a mediocre way to plug gaps in the charging network in rural areas and just going to resort in unwanted and little used chargers in more built up areas.
Our electric utility had two installed on their property. I drive by fairly often and have only seen two cars since installation. (Of course it could be used all the time I do not drive by.) The issue I see here locally is home charging 26 cents and DCFC 60 cents per kWh. Only travelers will use these. No reason for Ford dealer to add more when existing are hardly used. Not to mention at some point 4 units will go somewhere in town as part of the fed grant program.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
What dealerships should you spend your money with?

Without a published list, I'll stick to those locally that have done HVBJB work. That means they have trained at least one tech and invested in some specialized tools.

Over time, I think new car dealerships will go the way of the shopping mall. Dealerships as we know them will sell used cars and do service... we will see...

Glen Boise

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Let us remember that there is slow DCFC and fast DCFC. Recently, I did an internet search on commercial EVSE. The search found Level 2 units in the $10,000 to $20,000 range and slow DCFC (<50 kw) at $60,000. We have all heard how fast DCFC cost something like $100,000 a piece with the full four unit installation, called for by the Infrastructure bill, costing around a million.
The Chargeway app color codes charging stations by type and numbers them by charging speed. So CCS users have green tags on the maps numbered of 1 through 7 for the level of service/speed of charging. Level 1 and 2 we all know. Levels 3 through 7 are all DCFC. The standard EA station is a level 6 or 7. This means that there are different speeds of DCFC available.
Raising the question of what level of DCFC service that Ford expects? Does anyone know what GM is requiring of it's EV dealers? I have noticed several area DCFC stations, listed by PlugShare, are Chevy dealers.
Sponsored