Don_23805

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline, Prem MME DMG AWD Ex Batt
Country flag
Recently on major highways where the small screen would turn blue and Hands Free would be indicated, now all I get is the blue bubble with a Hands-On icon (and warnings!). Settings switches for Adaptive Cruise and Blue Cruise are on (unless I'm missing one). Software appears to be 3.5.4
TIA
Don Central VA
Sponsored

CommittotheIndian

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach-E Select eAWD Star White
Occupation
Indiana Supreme Court - IT
Country flag
Recently on major highways where the small screen would turn blue and Hands Free would be indicated, now all I get is the blue bubble with a Hands-On icon (and warnings!). Settings switches for Adaptive Cruise and Blue Cruise are on (unless I'm missing one). Software appears to be 3.5.4
TIA
Don Central VA
No it has not gone away. I used it this morning.

Check all your settings (make sure lane centering is set correctly). After updates, settings are known to get shut off. There are other variables at play here. Is it a known route that worked in the past, a speed that will work with Bluecruise, what are the weather conditions?

rmins

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem Mach E SR RWD
Country flag
It is also possible your bluecruise map has expired. I would double check that.. as a reminder, the date is an odd format (day month year IIRC)

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Worked great over the weekend! They finally added the I-4 express lanes too, I did the whole thing without touching the wheel!

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
Randomly I have had days where it wouldn't activate but next time I drove it was fine. I suspect some fault cleared itself after the next start. I did notice that if you are driving into the sun it will not activate. I have concluded if you can't see the road well, neither can the camera.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Randomly I have had days where it wouldn't activate but next time I drove it was fine. I suspect some fault cleared itself after the next start. I did notice that if you are driving into the sun it will not activate. I have concluded if you can't see the road well, neither can the camera.
Yes, it has to see the lines on the road

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
Under hands free, you also have to have the activation prompts turned on as well or it won't work. Maybe that got turned off with the update?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Open your navigation when you're on what you believe to be a BlueCruise highway and make sure your navigation actually shows you there. The rare times I've had my BC not engage, my navigation was bugging out and showing me about half a mile off where I was, thus off the freeway.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Could be a sensor that has junk on it.

Jimbo

First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium 4X
Country flag
It is also possible your bluecruise map has expired. I would double check that.. as a reminder, the date is an odd format (day month year IIRC)
This. A lot of us didn't have BC for a week in September because Ford forgot to push out updates.

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
That's not correct at all.
Well, it wasn't on my old Select, but it sure was with this car. I went thought hours of getting it to work with Ford on the phone. I reset the module etc. Once this was switched on it worked again.

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
I had the same thing occur on Sunday and part of Monday morning. Then Monday afternoon, everything worked again and has been since. My wife said my car was taking a day off on Sunday. 🤷‍♂️

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Well, it wasn't on my old Select, but it sure was with this car. I went thought hours of getting it to work with Ford on the phone. I reset the module etc. Once this was switched on it worked again.
Maybe it was a coincidence. I don't want the car telling me every time BlueCruise is available, so I leave that off. BlueCruise still works fine.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I have activation prompts turned off on my car and BCHF seems to function normally.
Sponsored