Have a reservation (First Edition), how to order a GT?

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
My particular problem is that I have an FE reservation and those are required to turn into an order by 8/1 or you lose it. Not possible to convert an FE reservation into a GT.

I can not say what the story is for those with other Select/Premium reservations but those are still open and do not need to be converted to an order at this time. I guess we will have to see if, at the time those become ready to place orders if you are able and permitted to place an order on a GT.

I created a second reservation last week for a GT which is what I want.
That sucks man. The online ordering system is on the right track but it's definitely flawed.

I've made a new reservation for a GT in addition to my original Premium reservation. I'm not super happy about it but it is what it is.
Sponsored

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Speaking only for the NA market:
Nothing has been published that says it's possible to order a FE without a FE reservation. If a FE reservation holder fails to convert to an order by 8/1 then their reservation is cancelled and deposit returned.

My guess is that no, FE will not be opened again.
Party pooper.

I will still hold a glimmer of hope since I have emailed a few people at Ford asking the question, and will follow up on 8/1 letting them know I would be happy to convert my premium to a FE. I was hem-hawing on the night of the reveal and decided to just do the premium. Thought twice about it now and thought why not a FE.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I am curious if anyone has asked Ford about switching a reservation

Berth48

First Name
Arnauld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Optima hybride rechargeable. MME First Édition
Country flag
Je trouve bizarre qu'en Europe Ford parle d'une date de commande pour les FE ainsi que tous les autres modèles au cours de l'automne 2020 et que vous aux USA vous avez une date au 01 août. Si les FE sont fabriquées en premier (disons fin août début septembre), je voudrais bien savoir comment ils vont savoir pour fabriquer ma FE alors qu'elle ne sera pas encore en confirmation de commande !!!!

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Je trouve bizarre qu'en Europe Ford parle d'une date de commande pour les FE ainsi que tous les autres modèles au cours de l'automne 2020 et que vous aux USA vous avez une date au 01 août. Si les FE sont fabriquées en premier (disons fin août début septembre), je voudrais bien savoir comment ils vont savoir pour fabriquer ma FE alors qu'elle ne sera pas encore en confirmation de commande !!!!
Great question.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Translation by Google:
"I find it odd that in Europe Ford is talking about an order date for the FEs as well as all the other models in the fall of 2020 and that you in the USA have a date of August 01. If the FEs are made first (say end of August beginning of September), I would like to know how they will know to make my FE when it will not yet be in order confirmation !!!!"

That supports my production hypotheses that went into https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/production-runs-line-output-guesstimates.1033/
At that time I suggested all North American First Editions and initial Premiums and other non-gas would be part of the first run. The ability to enter your orders into the first run will be closing soon.

In contrast, the EU/UK FEs and others will start in the second run, thus the window for converting those to orders will be this fall.

Berth48

First Name
Arnauld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
C'est vraiment ahurissant, des numéros de réservation 10050000 aux USA seront livrés avant nous qui avons commandé une FE en novembre 2019. J'en reviens pas de la politique et la communication de Ford, ils vont ce retrouver avec un nombre d'annulations énorme et certainement la mienne aussi si il continue à nous prendre pour les idiots d'européens. Le Covid 19 à bon dos!!!

Berth48

First Name
Arnauld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Juste pour info si j'ai mis 10K en plus c'est aussi pour être livré dans les premiers. Vive l'Amérique !!!:mad::mad:

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
@silverelan

The new dealer job aid published today clarifies that you cannot switch your reservation to or from a special edition (GT/FE).

Customers cannot switch between a special edition vehicle [GT, First Edition] and a regular trim vehicle [Premium, CA Rt 1, Select], or vice versa. They must cancel their reservation and place a new order or reservation if they want to switch into or out of a special edition.

Switching between regular trim levels [Premium, CA Rt 1, Select] is not a problem and can be done.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
@silverelan

The new dealer job aid published today clarifies that you cannot switch your reservation to or from a special edition (GT/FE).

Customers cannot switch between a special edition vehicle [GT, First Edition] and a regular trim vehicle [Premium, CA Rt 1, Select], or vice versa. They must cancel their reservation and place a new order or reservation if they want to switch into or out of a special edition.

Switching between regular trim levels [Premium, CA Rt 1, Select] is not a problem and can be done.
Thanks, @hybrid2bev. I really appreciate the heads up. Just disappointing if not bizarre to hear Ford isn't interested in upgrading Select/Premium reservation holders to GTs.

If the reservation timestamp is the most important factor in determining the build queue position, then it would make sense to keep customers in their respective places and merely update their trim level.

Oh well.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
@silverelan

It REALLY would have been nice (customer friendly) to inform reservist up front in the reservation process. "Hey, if you order a GT or FE you cannot change your reservation EVER!" Instead we got, "You can only cancel your place in line and start over; SORRY." But I guess they'll listen to their customers and get it fixed, or not.

Giddee Up Bronco! :)
Sponsored