ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
When I picked up my car saturday, the protection mats were in a bag in the back and the original carpet mats were all installed. I had to swap them out.
I would have left with both…..

jes sayin
Sponsored

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
I cancelled my Mach-E order yesterday and the dealer claimed it would take 4-6 weeks for a refund of the deposit. This morning I get order update emails telling me my order was changed.

I logged in to see the paint color was changed and sudden the active park assist prep kit appeared on the order (I was previously told this happened weeks ago, but never saw it).

I have suspected for sometime now that dealers can manipulate the order process, making sure that markup orders and higher margin trims with more profit get filled over older orders and I suspect that this is proof.

I fully expect that this order will magically be assigned a production date very soon and the dealer will use the excuse of "customer refusal" as an opportunity to charge a massive markup.

I feel like I just got good hoodwinking.

Screenshot_20220503-095815.png
As far as the deposit yes, you should get that back almost immediately, maybe a week if they are slow. As for the order no, it's none of your business anymore, you cancelled. Get your deposit back and move on!

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
I cancelled my Mach-E order yesterday and the dealer claimed it would take 4-6 weeks for a refund of the deposit.

I feel like I just got good hoodwinking.
Not seeing why you feel hoodwinked unless the dealer tricked/coerced you into canceling? 4-6 weeks is probably an overestimate from the dealer and above average but nothing to get upset over.

mjs020294

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
If you used a CC for the deposit simply reverse the charge with the CC company.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Nice, full coverage.
Yeah, I had a set in my Fusion. Dog got sick in the Fusion last summer. i had to wash the dog and the floor ,at he was laying on, but the car was fine. 😊🐩

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium extended battery eAWD
Country flag
I would have left with both…..

jes sayin
I swapped them out at home. :) I have both. Dealer didn't mention or care about the carpets. Just pointed out the interior protection stuff was in the back when running through everything with me. Car came in that morning so they didn't bother doing it themselves.

shelnian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Concerning getting build earlier. Was notified that my CR1 was on hold because park assist part was on back order and Ford recommended order be updated to change this to a prep kit. Dealer had me sign a new order sheet that reflected this change (-$325). Also, learned that dealer can assign a priority code between 10 and 19 to customer orders, with 10 being the highest priority. Made sure that the dealer assigned priority code of 10 to my revised order (at least that is what was on the revised order printout). Priority code was 19 on original order. Ordered on 1/3/2022 and was notified last week, the estimated build week was 5/30/2022 and a VIN was provided.

mccdeuce

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 VW e-Golf, 2022 MME Cal RT1 IBSM
Country flag
My dealer told me that they make a flat amount for each Mach E regardless of model or options. He said it's their most in demand car as of now and also one of their least profitable...Mine took almost exactly 6 months from online order to delivery. My mother in-law ordered a Premium AWD ER in Ice White, basically most expensive next to a GT. She ordered it in July 2021, it still has not gotten a build date.
Least profitable because dealers make 50% of their profit in maintenance and parts, to include routine maintenance that doesn't exist yet or never will.

*50% profit data from NADA

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Least profitable because dealers make 50% of their profit in maintenance and parts, to include routine maintenance that doesn't exist yet or never will.

*50% profit data from NADA
No.

The dealerships make very little profit on the Mach-E from SALES. The Mach-E invoice and MSRP are the same. For a "normal" Ford vehicle, the MSRP and invoice are not the same.

Yes, they make very little on routine maintenance on PHEVs and BEVs, but that's the other side of the equation, i.e. Service.

mccdeuce

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 VW e-Golf, 2022 MME Cal RT1 IBSM
Country flag
No.

The dealerships make very little profit on the Mach-E from SALES. The Mach-E invoice and MSRP are the same. For a "normal" Ford vehicle, the MSRP and invoice are not the same.

Yes, they make very little on routine maintenance on PHEVs and BEVs, but that's the other side of the equation, i.e. Service.
I might be misreading, or I mistyped - but you are agreeing?
Dealers are not making much because of both invoice to MSRP and they are not getting money from service, which is another reason that the shift in model by FORD could benefit everyone.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They make a fair amount for a car sitting on their lot for a few days and not having to do much, not to mention the extra $500 from a customer order via the web over from ford.com compared to a dealer order or canceled customer order. I guess it's little compared to an extra $5000 ADM, but it's still in the thousands.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
They make a fair amount for a car sitting on their lot for a few days and not having to do much, not to mention the extra $500 from a customer order via the web over from ford.com compared to a dealer order or canceled customer order. I guess it's little compared to an extra $5000 ADM, but it's still in the thousands.
Where are you getting the extra $500 from?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
They don't get any extra $500.

They get $250 as a delivery allowance. They get another 4.9% for various things.

https://evbite.com/negotiate-the-price-of-a-ford-mustang-mach-e/

Sales people have told me "we make nothing".

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Where are you getting the extra $500 from?
Was going from memory of a post on this forum, and the details of the amount might be faulty. I'll try to find it later, but couldn't locate it in the first 30 seconds of searching....
Sponsored