Have most people (not on this site) heard about the Mach-E?

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I watched the MME reveal last year and placed my reservation within 1-2 days afterwards. Many of you placed your reservation immediately, and I wish I had done the same. I'm excited and will take delivery of my premium AWD ER sometime in early '21.

However, the people I have told about my purchase have ALL NOT heard about this new vehicle from Ford. This includes family, friends and co-workers. Reactions have been as follows:

"I am buying the new BEV made by Ford", reaction is like : "Really, I did not know they have a new [BEV] coming out...?"

"I am buying the new electric Mach-E Mustang", reaction is they instantly identify with "Mustang", but have no idea its a 4-door crossover SUV and are confused about the whole thing. Followup questions are about how fast it goes, and where can I drive it. Fine to ask, but that's all they asked.

Who else has had the same experience talking about the MME outside of this site?

I am optimistic. I'm sure once deliveries start taking place, the positive momentum will carry forward to all social media conversations and more. Maybe Ford has a marketing blitz planned for 2021 because the exposure seems limited from my perspective?

Please reply with what I am not seeing/hearing...
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Umm, I can tell you what I am experiencing. Most people I talk to have not heard of it either, but maybe 10% to 20% have. When I explain that it is a 4 door crossover mustang people are confused.

I think this is intentional on Ford's part - there have been a few blurbs recently in in general Ford commercials, but not a lot of detail. I am guessing they are counting on owners and reviewers to evangelize the car on their behalf.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Who else has had the same experience talking about the MME outside of this site?

I am optimistic. I'm sure once deliveries start taking place, the positive momentum will carry forward to all social media conversations and more. Maybe Ford has a marketing blitz planned for 2021 because the exposure seems limited from my perspective?

Since there were limited batteries available, I'm not sure the expense of a marketing blitz would have made any sense. They have sold all they planned to build for MY 2021 (plus 10-20,000 extra) largely based on internet advertising and forum-of-mouth.

I agree that, once the Mach E hits the roads and driveways around the world, many of the unenlightened will join our tiny stampede.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Almost everyone I've told about my reservation needed an explanation as to what car it actually was. Only a couple "car guys" I know knew anything about it

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Lots of folks now know about the Mach E because I've told so many people about it.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Please reply with what I am not seeing/hearing.
I tell them what it is, who is making it, and then show them a picture (now a real one) on my iPhone. That's when you start getting some really good reactions. Including 2 friends with Model S's.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Have most people (not on this site) heard about the Mach-E? oh my

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
In my experience, EV'ers (those who already own one or wishing they had one) know about it. Few others do.

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
In my experience, EV'ers (those who already own one or wishing they had one) know about it. Few others do.
Same here. People that have EVs or follow cars or tech know what it is. Most others have no idea.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Going by my experience and also that of many on this forum it would seem that there are an awful lot of Ford dealers that don't know about the Mustang Mach E !!!!!!!
Laughing to avoid crying.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
EVERYONE I know only knows about it because of my babbling. Now they are telling me they finally saw it on the commercial.

I got an email from my dealer about having a job fair. I responded telling them I don't need a FT job, but if they need a person to talk to customers about BEV's that I might be interested on a PT basis. Still awaiting a response. ;)

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Laughing to avoid crying.
So... the vehicle is already severely supply limited. Makes no sense really to spend even $1 on advertising at this point. You really don't want to get a ton of people interested, then tell them they can't get a vehicle for a year. Look at the response to the build dates in this forum, lol.
Sponsored