Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
In the Netherlands it is 9 dollar for one US gallon?

Electricity is 0,24 per kWh?
0,24 per kWh? That’s insane. You guys have to get ahold of your public utilities commission and tell them to do their job ?
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
0,24 per kWh? That’s insane. You guys have to get ahold of your public utilities commission and tell them to do their job ?
That's a little high ($.28) but compared to the gas price that is a pittance. For 10 euro he can drive roughly 137 miles @3.3mi/kwh, but only 30 miles or so with an ICE

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Can not say I see a whole lot less cars on the roads when gas shoots up. What I have notice is speed. It seems people slow down when gas goes up. Trying to save that 10% increase in mpg I would guess. Not too concerned anymore as only 10c/kw here right now. I am sure there will be complaints about kw costs in the future.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Crude is back at it's Oct 2018 five year high of 75./barrel.

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
Not as bad as Norway, $6.84 for a US gallon here in the UK.

Commercial chargers are usually 41¢ kW here, with home charging around 7¢ overnight if you've got a good tariff.

Valkyrja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GTPE, Star White
Occupation
I hack things
Country flag
Not so concerned because I do not have far to go. However, it has me champing at the bit more for the GT I ordered.

Signed,
Impatiently waiting in Cali

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Shelby GT 500, '88 T-Bird TC, '19 Shelby F-150
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
Yes, I'm a bit worried as my Shelby only gets about 9 mpg, but it's a little cheaper because I'm running E85. My Mach-E GT isn't even scheduled to be built for another 3 weeks. :oops:

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
sadly a little worried about it but that more because my inlaws will complain about Biden blaming him plus they would say look at last years number when 2020 needs to be tossed a valid comparison year. We are dealing with a bull wipe effect right now and lastly I still have to fill up my wife's car as that is still an ICE power car.
My wife on the other hand has no clue what the price of gas is and gets a little shocked when she see the price but she has not filled up a car in over a year now and even before that she rarely filled up her car as that was something I have been doing since we moved to Austin.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Yes, I'm a bit worried as my Shelby only gets about 9 mpg, but it's a little cheaper because I'm running E85. My Mach-E GT isn't even scheduled to be built for another 3 weeks. :oops:
Using E85 doesn't save you anything. The lower cost usually corresponds to the reduced MPG due to lower energy content.

From fueleconomy.gov:
MPG. Due to ethanol's lower energy content, FFVs operating on E85 get roughly 15% to 27% fewer miles per gallon than when operating on regular gasoline, depending on the ethanol content. Regular gasoline typically contains about 10% ethanol.5

Cost. The cost of E85 relative to gasoline or E10 can vary due to location and fluctuations in energy markets. E85 is typically cheaper per gallon than gasoline but slightly more expensive per mile.

Performance. Drivers should notice no performance loss when using E85. In fact, some FFVs perform better—have more torque and horsepower—running on E85 than on regular gasoline.

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Shelby GT 500, '88 T-Bird TC, '19 Shelby F-150
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
Using E85 doesn't save you anything. The lower cost usually corresponds to the reduced MPG due to lower energy content.

From fueleconomy.gov:
I was tuned for 93 octane. Currently that's $4.10/gal. E85 is currently $2.29/gal. I'm saving a teensie bit.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I was tuned for 93 octane. Currently that's $4.10/gal. E85 is currently $2.29/gal. I'm saving a teensie bit.
?
At those prices, you'd have to get 16 MPG from 93 gasoline to break even.

Tyldum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
In the Netherlands it is 9 dollar for one US gallon?

Electricity is 0,24 per kWh?
Electricity is currently about $0.07/kWh where I live in Norway. Factor in more than 100% tax on an ICE vs 0% tax on an EV...
Some days the electricity price will drop to half of that (but other times much higher, which is why smart charging is a thing here, as prices cwn vary very much from hour to hour).
Sponsored