Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
Received update (EAP member) which also apparently removes BlueCruise from your Ford account. They had to escalate the issue but confirmed once I updated BlueCruise was removed from my account. They kept trying to tell me "I need to re-add it" when there isn't any way for ME to add it..

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Received update (EAP member) which also apparently removes BlueCruise from your Ford account. They had to escalate the issue but confirmed once I updated BlueCruise was removed from my account. They kept trying to tell me "I need to re-add it" when there isn't any way for ME to add it..
I got the update today and still have BlueCruise listed under Connected Services. Not that it does anything.

Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
I got the update today and still have BlueCruise listed under Connected Services. Not that it does anything.
Weird. From what the supervisor I talked to said, it seems like in my case the update FULLY unflagged my car from being eligible for BlueCruise

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I just had Marlin on to charge for the second time since the 21P22 update. This is the second time it went to 100%. I just went out to check and it seems it had set the charge setting back to 100%. I guess I'll have to take him out for a run tomorrow for the sake of the battery.

Coincidentally I also got 2.1.0 via OTA today too.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Please update this Poll when your car receives this update
I voted Not Received.
If all goes as hoped, that status will remain unchanged.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I just had Marlin on to charge for the second time since the 21P22 update. This is the second time it went to 100%. I just went out to check and it seems it had set the charge setting back to 100%. I guess I'll have to take him out for a run tomorrow for the sake of the battery.

Coincidentally I also got 2.1.0 via OTA today too.
I've had to completely redo my charging locations after a few of the updates. The settings are there and look right, but won't work. After deleting and recreating it works fine again.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
EAM. Yes, but only after my car got the calibration update

Last edited:

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I received this update much earlier than all previous updates, within a day or 2 of the first post on here vs +/-2 weeks later for previous ones. No issues with charging locations here.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Just curious, why? This specific update, or any OTA?
I drove the car for 22k trouble free miles and then Ford decided to send the 1.7.1 update which left me broken down on the side of the freeway.

Dealer helped me get going again that same day and the car has been great ever since. 25k miles now and no issues. I like having a car that I can rely on to work when I need it to. The idea that Ford can send software to my car without my consent and that software renders my car unusable is unacceptable to me. My fault for enabling Automatic Updates. Live and learn I guess. I have that turned off now.

When buying a brand new car, my expectation is the car is in perfect working condition. I sure hope that Ford didn't sell me a car with faulty software thinking they would just fix it later via OTA. That would be lazy and irresponsible in my opinion. The consumer should not accept half baked software from the manufacturers because that will become the norm.

If something isn't working on the car and it is software related then that is a totally different story. Yes, load new software and fix the issue. But if the car is working perfectly with no issues.....then don't mess with it because I need the car to get to work and throughout my day.

I actually like the 21P22 calibration campaign because you have to go to the dealer to let them lobotomize the car and then reload brand new software. So for me, since my car is working fine and I don't need anything "fixed" then all I need to do is stay away from the dealership.

From my point of view. The OTA process should ONLY be used for software enhancements. NOT to fix anything because I believe the car should have been in perfect working order when it was delivered to us. The two systems should be separate. Critical systems essential for the vehicle to operate safely should be locked down and not updatable over the air. Crap like calculators, entertainment systems, navigation etc......yeah, go ahead and keep it updated as needed. I can still use my car either way. That is what I thought Ford meant when they said my car would get better over time. I didn't think for a second that Ford purposefully gave me a car with faulty software under the guise they would secretly make it right many months later. That is NOT okay in my book.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I drove the car for 22k trouble free miles and then Ford decided to send the 1.7.1 update which left me broken down on the side of the freeway.
I have that turned off now.
That certainly would suck if it happened to me. This is why I always turn off the auto updates. In the case of the car, I only initiated OTA updates while parked at home for the night and after a couple of days. And when it's not super critical for me to have the car next morning. That way other folks act as guinea pigs and if there are problems reported, I can choose to skip update. So far, I've been lucky and none of the updates have turned my car into a 5K lbs brick. Same with my phone and PC.

The other reason not to have potentially damaging OTA updates installed automatically, is that so far my experience with Ford's roadside assistance in phoenix area sucked noodles. The one time I needed it, it took the tow jockey over 3 hours to show up. Would rather do that at home than on the side of the freeway.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
That certainly would suck if it happened to me. This is why I always turn off the auto updates. In the case of the car, I only initiated OTA updates while parked at home for the night and after a couple of days. And when it's not super critical for me to have the car next morning. That way other folks act as guinea pigs and if there are problems reported, I can choose to skip update. So far, I've been lucky and none of the updates have turned my car into a 5K lbs brick. Same with my phone and PC.

The other reason not to have potentially damaging OTA updates installed automatically, is that so far my experience with Ford's roadside assistance in phoenix area sucked noodles. The one time I needed it, it took the tow jockey over 3 hours to show up. Would rather do that at home than on the side of the freeway.
Good plan. My mistake was assuming Ford wouldn't dare attempt updates to critical powertrain systems and reserve that sort of work for the dealership. Apparently I am sorely mistaken. :(

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Good plan. My mistake was assuming Ford wouldn't dare attempt updates to critical powertrain systems and reserve that sort of work for the dealership. Apparently I am sorely mistaken. :(
I think the drive issues you had after the 1.7.1 update were a coincidence. That update was just the APIM (sync) module, not any powertrain systems. That doesn’t mean there won’t be OTA updates to critical powertrain systems, but that particular update wasn’t.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag

Dealer helped me get going again that same day and the car has been great ever since. 25k miles now and no issues. I like having a car that I can rely on to work when I need it to. The idea that Ford can send software to my car without my consent and that software renders my car unusable is unacceptable to me. My fault for enabling Automatic Updates. Live and learn I guess. I have that turned off now.

When buying a brand new car, my expectation is the car is in perfect working condition. I sure hope that Ford didn't sell me a car with faulty software thinking they would just fix it later via OTA. That would be lazy and irresponsible in my opinion. The consumer should not accept half baked software from the manufacturers because that will become the norm.

If something isn't working on the car and it is software related then that is a totally different story. Yes, load new software and fix the issue. But if the car is working perfectly with no issues.....then don't mess with it because I need the car to get to work and throughout my day.

I actually like the 21P22 calibration campaign because you have to go to the dealer to let them lobotomize the car and then reload brand new software. So for me, since my car is working fine and I don't need anything "fixed" then all I need to do is stay away from the dealership.

From my point of view. The OTA process should ONLY be used for software enhancements. NOT to fix anything because I believe the car should have been in perfect working order when it was delivered to us. The two systems should be separate. Critical systems essential for the vehicle to operate safely should be locked down and not updatable over the air. Crap like calculators, entertainment systems, navigation etc......yeah, go ahead and keep it updated as needed. I can still use my car either way. That is what I thought Ford meant when they said my car would get better over time. I didn't think for a second that Ford purposefully gave me a car with faulty software under the guise they would secretly make it right many months later. That is NOT okay in my book.
Looking forward to your 30k mile update! The worst part of the 1.7.1 OTA for us was having to put up with a dim screen for a couple days.
Sponsored