Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e Select AWD comfort/tech pkg
Occupation
Retired LEO
Country flag
You'll get a notice in FordPass after an update to tell you what version it was. That notice will show in the car for a while after an update as well when you check for an update. Sometimes it will stick until the next update, but other times it might disappear randomly and go back to up to date.

Other than that you can't tell. There isn't an overall version number to check. The OTA numbers are just to help identify them. They can come in any order.

Sync does show you its version, and that's about the only one that you can easily see what version you have.
Appreciate that info
Sponsored

BK2EV

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MachE AWD Premium ER, 2015 Challenger Hellcat
Country flag
Just got it tonight.

Changed vote.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Well that has to be the fastest update ever. I was watching the API status the whole way. (Thanks @kennelh )

Flew in at 4 (update queued)
Drove home from airport 45 min (artifact retrieval)
Parked in my garage (installation queued)
20 minutes later I saw the success message

Last edited:

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My car had the Update Successful message but SYNC is still version 252 and there is no update notes in FP or the car.

The volume bars were still vertical after it said the update was done. The car was off then powered on so it should have applied changes if they were installed.

Last edited:

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
I just got the update yesterday. It says 2.1.0 in Sync, but I have the new games. I've updated my vote. I'm not an early access customer.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I just got the update yesterday. It says 2.1.0 in Sync, but I have the new games.
Unfortunately, that's normal. Perhaps Ford thought their OTA schedule and numbering scheme wasn't confusing enough so they decided to show an incorrect version number in the car.

ReelSweet

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Got mine last night (non-early access member). Looks like 50/50 at this point with early access and not....about 2 weeks out from the update release.

Last edited:

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
My vote moved from Not Received to Stuck to Received (non-Early Access).

Oddly, I had the “phantom update” earlier this week after seeing my car get queued for 2.3.0 in the tonesto7 widget, where it showed the “update checkbox” but no changes happened, and the API showed a failed update.

But today I was leaving an errand, and decided to unplug the ODBII adapter that I leave in most of the time. Within 30 seconds the main screen rebooted (while driving), and after rebooting, Carplay was now full-screen! A few minutes later I got a new checkbox showing update successful, as well as the new volume indicator and the games (haven’t played them yet). Going to the Updates section of the vehicle settings just shows “up to date” with no version number, and the “Update Now” button is present (but grey).

So it looks like 2.3.0 is fully updated, and the change in the API might be to blame on the failure to show the update information. No update in FordPass either.

But I’m happy, full screen CarPlay was really the update I was hoping for this time, and it does look good.

Silver Surfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Got my update tonight and noticed that while using android auto and Google maps there is now a blue bar in the instrument cluster that shrinks the closer you get to your turn/destination.

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I'm a non-early access member and the update finalized overnight after a failed attempt.

My OTS status showed the following:

Deployment creation date of 2022-01-19
Deployment expiration date of 2022-01-26
Failure time stamp 2022-01-20 at 17:39:31

I noticed the successful update icon on my screen on Monday 2022-01-24, but no noticeable change. It said update successful with no version number.

This morning 2022-01-26 it had another successful update icon with the expected changes (i.e., games and full-screen carplay.

I don't know if this info will be helpful for anyone that experienced a failure, but it took several days for a retry and several more days for me to see the change.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Got my update tonight and noticed that while using android auto and Google maps there is now a blue bar in the instrument cluster that shrinks the closer you get to your turn/destination.
Yep noticed this too, it's cool they brought this over from the native nav.

oliverames

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select Dual Motor Standard Range
Country flag
Changed my vote. Installed successfully after a single failure exactly seven days ago.

ZSR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 9-3 estate 280pk
Country flag
Are there any European drivers with updates??
Sponsored