Having weird issues with FordPass and Android Phone.

PeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Red Mustang MachE
Country flag
Just looking to see if anyone has had these issues and if they were able to solve them.

So I picked up my MME today. With the dealer (who never did this before) we started setting up all the things. We started by setting phone as key. I don't think it's working? We did it with the FordPass App, and while the MME says it's connected and I got an Email from FordPass telling me the phone as paired, on the FordPass App, there's a message that is constantly there saying : "Phone as key is trying to connect...."

So I have the Fob for now, so no biggie. We then connected via Bluetooth my phone, no problems there. At least that works and I can see my call history, I can play music from my phone, etc..

So we decided to try out Android Auto. I have a Pixel 4 XL. We click on Connect, my Phone's Android Auto starts, it says it's connected to MME. But on the MME's screen, it shows me the Tool Tip to connect to my Phone and won't actually start Android Auto. On my phone, it constantly says to go on the MME Screen to finish setup.. we were not able to find how to finish the setup from the MME :\

Then my last issue I have with the App and Charging. I have a Flo X5 charger at home. Plugged it in when I got home to make sure it works (First electric vehicle). Car starts charging, I get messages that charge has started, I look at the FordPass App, it says it's charging. So things are good for now. I start configuring my charge times, saying to charge it to 90% max. As I set this, I get a message from Flo saying that charging has stopped (makes sense). But then FordPass says my charger is unplugged... I left things there, went to eat Dinner, looked at my phone.. Flo kept charging the MME for those 2 hours.. the FordPass App says the wire is disconnected?

I also setup some Charge Locations, so it should try to charge only from 10 PM to 6 AM. (unless I manually start the charge). Looking ay my phone now, I no longer have Saved Locations and I cannot change those options.. When I go in the menu I get a message saying FordPass can't connect... :\

So love the car, but seriously, lots of issues with setting everything up for now so that I can used Android Auto properly.
Sponsored

IL_Vet

First Name
MarCal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Few
Country flag
Did you enter a six-digit code when connecting the phone via Bluetooth (2nd time) to something with a mac address? (See first image) I had to pair both the MME and the unlocking system to my phone via Bluetooth.

Did you receive an email that the phone was added as a key? You mentioned paired; my email's subject specifically stated "Phone As A Key for Bacon has been created for Marc-E 2021 2021 Mustang Mach-E." (See second image)

Screenshot_20210206-112219_FordPass.jpg

key added.JPG

OP
OP
PeeCee

PeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes. I did this with the dealer. It connected. If I go in FordPass, it says my phone is configured, it sees my phone in the MME, but it just cannot connect.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Having weird issues with FordPass and Android Phone. Screenshot_20210207-181111

Ford Mustang Mach-E Having weird issues with FordPass and Android Phone. Screenshot_20210207-181224

OP
OP
PeeCee

PeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did get the email too.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Having weird issues with FordPass and Android Phone. Screenshot_20210207-181459

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Sounds like the phone is not updating, or refreshing, at fast enough intervals and it's not getting info. Is there a setting to decrease the interval? I kinda doubt it, but it's worth looking for.
Sponsored