nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
I’m curious if anyone else thinks the hazard flasher switch is in a bad location on the center console. When I leave my Westie in the car sometimes I come back to find he has activated the flashers by stepping on the switch. I need to come up with a fix for this. 😂
Ford Mustang Mach-E Hazard Flasher Switch - Bad Location 7BF8861D-5216-4875-9F0E-23C8459F4EE3
Ford Mustang Mach-E Hazard Flasher Switch - Bad Location BB16CB0C-FB3E-4404-9BAC-7248F6E92EF6

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
There are several other threads on this issue. My previous dog used to delight in hitting the fuel door button in my 2014 Fusion Energi. He did it on purpose. After I gor my MME, he did it on purpose for the hazards. I wish he was still around to hit the button. My current dog doesn’t hit the button on purpose, but he does accidentally set it off. 🤷‍♂️🐩
Ford Mustang Mach-E Hazard Flasher Switch - Bad Location 203DDFDF-6E0C-4F6C-BFC6-0FED02DFA0B0

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
I’m curious if anyone else thinks the hazard flasher switch is in a bad location on the center console. When I leave my Westie in the car sometimes I come back to find he has activated the flashers by stepping on the switch. I need to come up with a fix for this. 😂
7BF8861D-5216-4875-9F0E-23C8459F4EE3.jpeg
BB16CB0C-FB3E-4404-9BAC-7248F6E92EF6.jpeg
Yes,. I keep hoping @AOSK will come up with a snap in something. It could even cover the parking brake as I never use it.

Maybe a raised plate with a ticket slot or two running fore to aft. Here is the slot in the Maverick.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Hazard Flasher Switch - Bad Location D929C5CB-823E-4C4E-8952-20A2732D69AE

Last edited:

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Hazard Flasher Switch - Bad Location D929C5CB-823E-4C4E-8952-20A2732D69AE
What a cute face, can't do any wrong surely?

snowy_91

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Ice Blue GT Performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There are several other threads on this issue. My previous dog used to delight in hitting the fuel door button in my 2014 Fusion Energi. He did it on purpose. After I gor my MME, he did it on purpose for the hazards. I wish he was still around to hit the button. My current dog doesn’t hit the button on purpose, but he does accidentally set it off. 🤷‍♂️🐩
I hear you, my little dog really like open the fuel door on my wife's fusion energi, and now has found the hazard button on my Mach E much to his de-lite. :)

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Yes,. I keep hoping @AOSK will come up with a snap in something. It could even cover the parking brake as I never use it.

Maybe a raised plate with a ticket slot or two running fore to aft. Here is the slot in the Maverick.
hmm this area is a bit hard to create a snap-in covero_O

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Cruising through here today, I noticed this thread and was thinking, while this is NOT a fix, it might help some out with their doggies mistakenly activating the hazard flashers.

I have my hazard flasher switch set to "Latching" instead of "Momentary" (which is the default) in the BCM configuration settings. I actually use the flashers quite a bit when driving thanking (mostly truckers) that pull over for me while I am on back roads or the highway passing them. I like to be able to just hold the switch down for a few seconds then release and the flashers stop. I don't like having to push it down for on and push it down again for off. In case I need the flashers to stay on (which would be very rare) I can wedge the corner of a credit card type card between the switch and the silver divider just to the left of it. You can easily change this setting in FORScan.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Cruising through here today, I noticed this thread and was thinking, while this is NOT a fix, it might help some out with their doggies mistakenly activating the hazard flashers.

I have my hazard flasher switch set to "Latching" instead of "Momentary" (which is the default) in the BCM configuration settings. I actually use the flashers quite a bit when driving thanking (mostly truckers) that pull over for me while I am on back roads or the highway passing them. I like to be able to just hold the switch down for a few seconds then release and the flashers stop. I don't like having to push it down for on and push it down again for off. In case I need the flashers to stay on (which would be very rare) I can wedge the corner of a credit card type card between the switch and the silver divider just to the left of it. You can easily change this setting in FORScan.
Aww, man! Now I need a different USB to OBD-2 cable for ForScan. 🤪🐩

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I hit my hazard switch all the time. I put my key in the little parking brake slot and hit the hazards taking out the key.

andyrross

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD
Country flag
Thank you for the warning. My Westie hits every button on the console in my current car. Can't wait to see the flashers going while she is looking innocent.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Aww, man! Now I need a different USB to OBD-2 cable for ForScan. 🤪🐩
Why? I don't remember what you are using for FDRS but I use the same for both. Mongoose Plus-Ford 2

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The Mongoose can’t read all modules with FORScan. Unless that’s been fixed?
It does list quite a few but the only ones I am ever interested in is the BCM and APIM which it does list. I can take a snapshot of the ones it does read later today and post it.
Sponsored