Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
New problem. After shutting down and locking the car the headlights and taillights stay on. After 10 minutes I finally went out and turned them off with the switch. Any idea of a fix for this?
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
What @macchiaz-o said. IIRC, you can also change the length of time the headlights stay on after shutdown in the settings menu.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
New problem. After shutting down and locking the car the headlights and taillights stay on. After 10 minutes I finally went out and turned them off with the switch. Any idea of a fix for this?
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end. Thanks!

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end. Thanks!
This happens on a lot of people's cars, happened on mine as well. I personally think its related to the 1.7.1 update or maybe just OTA's in general. I know my car did this when it was trying to install 1.7.1 the first time, and then it did it again the second time it attempted to install.

As you can see, the selector light is not illuminated at all which results in the lights being on. Turning the dial back up so the selector light is on and setting it to your preferred operating mode "fixes" it.

ValentinoRossi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach-e Premium AWD ER (10/21 build)
Country flag
This happens on a lot of people's cars, happened on mine as well. I personally think its related to the 1.7.1 update or maybe just OTA's in general. I know my car did this when it was trying to install 1.7.1 the first time, and then it did it again the second time it attempted to install.

As you can see, the selector light is not illuminated at all which results in the lights being on. Turning the dial back up so the selector light is on and setting it to your preferred operating mode "fixes" it.

Mine is a Oct 2021 build with no OTA's and it has the same issue. Just started, I fixed it and it happened again the next time i drove the car.

I hope this is something they can fix.

Also, Ford, please give us the ability to enable/disable PaaK from the app without having to delete it. Just the ability to turn it off in the App.

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X 5, 2021 Mach E-Premium RWD Job 2
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
I’m also having the same problem. Sometimes when I exit the car I heard a beeping sound telling me the headlights are on. Light at the switch is off. I reset the switch to off and back to auto and switch light comes back on.
2021 premium
Delivered 2/2/2022

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
The fact this hasn’t been addressed as coming in a update makes me think it’s hardware issue, although I’ve only had it do it a couple times

ValentinoRossi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach-e Premium AWD ER (10/21 build)
Country flag
The fact this hasn’t been addressed as coming in a update makes me think it’s hardware issue, although I’ve only had it do it a couple times
I tend to agree, it happens to me about once a month.

Nemy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
Just happened on my month-old 2022 Premium - selector not lighted up and thankfully a neighbor caught it. Never happened on my 2021. Anyone have an update on this? @Ford Motor Company?

em5quare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD Premium ER
Country flag
I have a 2021, Job 2, built 12/6 and delivered 4/1.

Happened a few times to me as well. Disconcerting and potentially could cause the LVB to fully discharge at a very inopportune moment.

@Ford Motor Company ?

JPMACH

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am having the same issue: Jay Dellavecchia, I have tried changing the light knob from Auto to On then back to Auto, no luck
  • 3FMTK3SU8MMA06328
  • Fox Ford, Traverse City MI

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Never happened on my 2021.
Dumb luck, probably. It's happened on mine no more than once or twice since I bought the vehicle in March 2021.

potentially could cause the LVB to fully discharge at a very inopportune moment.
Possible? I suppose. Unlikely though since the headlight saver function will turn them off after 15 minutes or so.

I am having the same issue: Jay Dellavecchia, I have tried changing the light knob
If the suggested fix didn't work, then you are not experiencing the same issue. If you want the social media team to assist in some way, they will want you to take the conversation a bit more private by tapping on this link and then tapping Start Conversation: @Ford Motor Company.
Sponsored