Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was closing up the house for the night when I noticed the Mach-e headlights turn on and then off. I wasn’t near it and it was in a closed garage. No PAAK or fob was in range.
Any idea why this occurred?
Sponsored

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
There was a PAAK or Fob in range lol

You will be surprised at the distance that you can end up with given conditions outside. FordPass, at least shows, that my phone is connected via Bluetooth while in most of my house. I live in a stucco house, so wire mesh in the walls which is not good for radio signals. My garage is also stucco and it is detached so its a decent distance away.

Why people recommend not having your fob by your door and to keep it inside a faraday bag.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My phone will stay bluetooth connected to my car for about 55 ft. That is through most of my house.

Something to think about.

physib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
So do you guys just put the fob inside the faraday bag whenever you get out? And if you go to someone else's place, you'd need to carry the bag with you?

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So do you guys just put the fob inside the faraday bag whenever you get out? And if you go to someone else's place, you'd need to carry the bag with you?
The fob works from about 15 feet. The phone for much further. As long as the fob is not near the car you can turn off bluetooth on your phone at night and the car will be as secure as it can get.

ShadowCVL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee, GMC Sierra, MME Premium
Occupation
IT and Electronics
Country flag
Theres gotta be something that triggers that, Granted my office is literally right above the garage, Im basically sitting 6 feet above my car right now. But every now and again I see (on my garage camera) the car light up, phone isnt moving, fob isnt moving, it just kinda happens. I dismissed it as it detecting motion or changes in light or when the car wakes up. But yeah, it just kinda turns on and off randomly it seems.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
DRLs or headlights? Is it just the welcome lighting? If yes, then the car thinks a fob or phone is within range to start the welcome lighting. If it is the actual headlights then that could be a different issue.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
People use the faraday bags to prevent relay attacks. While technically it could be used on you while walking in the parking lot, i think the chances are very slim. Usually people go up to the front door at night, relay the Key to the car, and drive away.

ShadowCVL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee, GMC Sierra, MME Premium
Occupation
IT and Electronics
Country flag
DRLs or headlights? Is it just the welcome lighting? If yes, then the car thinks a fob or phone is within range to start the welcome lighting. If it is the actual headlights then that could be a different issue.
Im not 100% sure but I think its just the DRL/welcome lights for me, the car faces the garage door so I see lights on and the brake lights on. Theres nowhere in my house thats 60 feet from the car since the garage is in the basement lol.
Sponsored