Headliner pulling away after 1 week of ownership

sidr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD SR IBSM
Country flag
Took possession of the car 5 days ago, and today I notice that the headliner on the driver's side A pillar is already coming loose. If i tuck it in, it comes back out. Has this happened to anyone else? Do I need to rush this into the dealer, or does the 3 yr warranty cover all issues like this? Many thanks. I looked for other threads on this, didn't see any, and have been fortunate not to have glitches like this on the other new cars that I've purchased in the past.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Headliner pulling away after 1 week of ownership PXL_20220927_195500778
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Warranty covers it. But that would need to be addressed sooner rather than later.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I believe that the headliner is tucked into the trim piece and not glued to the roof like in the old days. I ran my camera cable along that same route, between the headliner and trim area. I just tucked it in with a plastic panel removal tool. Try that to see if it fixes the issue. If not, the dealer will fix the issue. I just try to stay away from any dealer unless it is truly a problem that they need to fix.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Took possession of the car 5 days ago, and today I notice that the headliner on the driver's side A pillar is already coming loose. If i tuck it in, it comes back out. Has this happened to anyone else? Do I need to rush this into the dealer, or does the 3 yr warranty cover all issues like this? Many thanks. I looked for other threads on this, didn't see any, and have been fortunate not to have glitches like this on the other new cars that I've purchased in the past.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Headliner pulling away after 1 week of ownership PXL_20220927_195500778
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Mach-E headliner concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

newmme

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
How can a 100 year car maker have issues like a startup. Crazy after only a week. Probably a dealer visit, unless they have mobile service like the startups.

RedStormREHS

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry Hybrid / Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Health Inspector
Country flag
How can a 100 year car maker have issues like a startup. Crazy after only a week. Probably a dealer visit, unless they have mobile service like the startups.
At least your headliner and/or wheels are not going to fly off down the highway on sharp turns. But definitely get those trim pieces replaced pronto.

OP
OP

sidr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So the Ford social-media team told me to reach out to my dealer.... I suppose I'm just in the honeymoon phase where it's nice to hear from Ford at all, after the 9 month wait for the car where I heard almost nothing. :)

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
At least your headliner and/or wheels are not going to fly off down the highway on sharp turns. But definitely get those trim pieces replaced pronto.
That's correct, because our cars won't start to get going down the highway to prevent the roof from flying off. Who knew that the HVBJB issue was a designed safety feature.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
So the Ford social-media team told me to reach out to my dealer.... I suppose I'm just in the honeymoon phase where it's nice to hear from Ford at all, after the 9 month wait for the car where I heard almost nothing. :)
Don't get your hopes up.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Honestly should be an easy fix, much better than having them deal with any software or hardware issues

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Picked up our '22 premium for the wife and the same issue is there. Headliner isn't falling apart, it's just that the rubber seal wasn't pushed in as far as it needs to be. Tuck headliner up in behind the rubber, push the rubber in towards the inside of the car. Hold it for a bit, let the fabric settle down after being pushed out for a bit, and it will be right as rain.

OP
OP

sidr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Picked up our '22 premium for the wife and the same issue is there. Headliner isn't falling apart, it's just that the rubber seal wasn't pushed in as far as it needs to be. Tuck headliner up in behind the rubber, push the rubber in towards the inside of the car. Hold it for a bit, let the fabric settle down after being pushed out for a bit, and it will be right as rain.
My problem is worse, the headliner is fraying and even if you press it in, it'll come back out in a few minutes. Dealer is backlogged, said I can bring my car in next week....

Darkenmage

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT AWDe and Honda Insight
Occupation
Semi Retired
Country flag
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Mach-E headliner concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
Wow, I am truly impressed that someone at Ford is perusing this website and actually responding. I am taken aback a bit about this.

Pleasantly surpised.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Wow, I am truly impressed that someone at Ford is perusing this website and actually responding. I am taken aback a bit about this.

Pleasantly surpised.
... except that the public posts are always "message us privately as we'd like to see what we can do" and then what they do is "let's have you contact your local dealer" with an unspoken "thanks for moving your concerns out of public discussion."

Let me be clear, though -- I'm only referring to the account called Ford Motor Company. And that account's most likely not even staffed by Ford employees. They are probably a contracted social media firm with a very narrow scope of how they can interact with the public.

There are quite a few actual Ford employees who are actively reading and sometimes responding on the forum. They come from many different roles within Ford (Ford Credit, engineering, technical management, factory, quality analysis, FordPass, etc) who are on the forum. Just not in official capacities. But they've been enormously helpful and incredibly generous with their time.

slimothyjames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
I had this issue once in my 2016 Toyota Tacoma.

I had to take it in like 6 times before they finally agreed to replace the headliner because they admitted the headliner was cut too short at the factory. They tried to just tuck it back in a few times, then tried adhesive (which held until it was summer), but every single time it would come back out.

All I can advise you is, bring it in, and document it well each time. What did they do to fix it? What did they say the problem was? Then keep an eye on it. The moment it happens again, bring it back in ASAP and always refer back to your previous appointments that were supposed to "fix" it.

Hopefully they can just apply a bit of adhesive and call it a day.
Sponsored