Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Durango RT,
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Hello everyone. I'm a Mustang NUT and a general car maniac. If I told my wife how much money I have lost on the things I have done she would divorce me. Growing up driving in the 80's & 90's I have owned over 18 Mustang including many Foxes, 93 Cobra's, GT500's, GT350, 2021 Mach 1, 7 SRT GC, Hellcat, 3 Scat packs, 3 Rubicon's and the list goes on. My list is over 80 vehicles since I was 16. How nutty or stupid am I, I gave back my 2021 Mach 1 after 1 week and just picked up my other order of a 2021 RT Durango (5 month wait) with Tow N go package. Lets put it this way. I've never changed the oil on any of my new cars, i just never reached 5000 miles LOL, It's my addiction! I always loved the Mach E but I just needed that true V8 sound. But now that I need to try and be a bit more economical, and with no gas and the $7500 credit and needing the power and fun, also watching and hearing how much people love EV's I ordered my 2022 GT today! Now the wait. I guess I'll see it for the Summer?? The one thing I hate is the wheels on the GT and I couldn't justify the $5k for the PP So I'll be doing a lot of looking for wheels in the next months. Glad to join this party!
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Youā€™ll learn to hate the V8 sound coming out of the audio system! ?

Or just turn it off - I did.

OP
OP

YFD_233

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Durango RT,
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Youā€™ll learn to hate the V8 sound coming out of the audio system! ?

Or just turn it off - I did.
You really donā€™t like it? why?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
You really donā€™t like it? why?
It doesnā€™t sound realistic to me. Besides, this carā€˜s so quiet its like riding on air (on a smooth road, anyway). The extras noise just gets in the way.

There are other threads about the engine sound, a poll would be interesting.

OP
OP

YFD_233

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Durango RT,
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
It doesnā€™t sound realistic to me. Besides, this carā€˜s so quiet its like riding on air (on a smooth road, anyway). The extras noise just gets in the way.

Well Iā€™m thinking I would like some sound but Iā€™m sure this vehicle changes minds. Does anyone know timeframe on order to build on these?

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Hello everyone. I'm a Mustang NUT and a general car maniac. If I told my wife how much money I have lost on the things I have done she would divorce me. Growing up driving in the 80's & 90's I have owned over 18 Mustang including many Foxes, 93 Cobra's, GT500's, GT350, 2021 Mach 1, 7 SRT GC, Hellcat, 3 Scat packs, 3 Rubicon's and the list goes on. My list is over 80 vehicles since I was 16. How nutty or stupid am I, I gave back my 2021 Mach 1 after 1 week and just picked up my other order of a 2021 RT Durango (5 month wait) with Tow N go package. Lets put it this way. I've never changed the oil on any of my new cars, i just never reached 5000 miles LOL, It's my addiction! I always loved the Mach E but I just needed that true V8 sound. But now that I need to try and be a bit more economical, and with no gas and the $7500 credit and needing the power and fun, also watching and hearing how much people love EV's I ordered my 2022 GT today! Now the wait. I guess I'll see it for the Summer?? The one thing I hate is the wheels on the GT and I couldn't justify the $5k for the PP So I'll be doing a lot of looking for wheels in the next months. Glad to join this party!
I didn't like the wheels at first, but now I like them. They are very easy to clean and it was easy to apply a ceramic coating. I like that they are more aerodynamic also. Cleaning the wheels on the FE was definitely more work, and the GTPE wheels would be even more work to clean, although they look great.
Considering the depreciation on a new car (until recently), you must have lost a whole lot over the years. I thought I was bad, but I am not even close to that. I only had about 6500 miles on my FE when I traded it in, but in that case the depreciation was almost zero.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
When Iā€™m in the mood for sound, Iā€™ll crank up some AC/DC. ?
Back in the day, when driving late at night and I was falling asleep at the wheel, they were my first choice ;) - that and open the window and I am good to go further.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag

The engine sounds was the first thing I was impressed with with the MME. I usually have it on Enaged, Whisper IS a nice change of pace sometimes though.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Well Iā€™m thinking I would like some sound but Iā€™m sure this vehicle changes minds. Does anyone know timeframe on order to build on these?
Truthfully it's fun just silently launching down the road with nary a whisper.

As for the wait: somewhere between six months and eternity.

Last edited:

Twilloo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e Select AWD comfort/tech pkg
Occupation
Retired LEO
Country flag
Just had the MME a couple of days but here are some first impressions and a couple of questions.

I have the select with AWD and the comfort/tech package. This package gives good value at 49k and the performance is certainly very adequate and still fun. The range for an around town car is all I ever need. If I go on a longer trip, I take my Toyota Rav4 Prime. It is comfortable on good surfaces. It has a fairly large learning curve and and a lot of little bugs that hopefully will be fixed. So overall I am pleased with everything except one and it is a biggie for me. I do not know if this is just my car or it is on all with my particular configuration and many people just do not notice it. While taking off and cruising there is a low frequency roar that just kills the EV quiet perception. It almost reminds me of a wheel bearing that is going bad but no clatter just a dull hum. I have the Michelin tires and I guess it is possible it is the tires but it is very disappointing to me. It is hard for me to say if it is coming from the front or the back but the entire cabin seems to be filled with it. Some people do not hear low frequency or high for that matter but I do. It does not seem like there is any unusual vibration just the low roar. Any one else experience this? Thanks all

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
I do not know if this is just my car or it is on all with my particular configuration and many people just do not notice it. While taking off and cruising there is a low frequency roar that just kills the EV quiet perception. It almost reminds me of a wheel bearing that is going bad but no clatter just a dull hum.
Two EV-specific thoughts as to what it might be:
1) The pedestrian warning system. Electric vehicles are so quiet that many places have mandated that the car emit some sort of sound at lower speeds so that people will be aware of it. Many automakers seem to have settled on what many people describe as a "spaceship hovering noise." I forgot how the Mach-E does it - if it turns on when you're in Drive and up until 25 MPH, or if you actually have to be moving. In theory you shouldn't hear this from inside of the car, but if you have sensitive hearing, I suppose you might. This is my guess as to what it is, as it sounds closest to "low frequency roar."

2) The sound of the electric motor(s). I don't have my Mach-E yet, but my Leaf motor generates a sound (higher-pitched than not), more noticeable outside of the car but I can still hear it on the inside. If the sound changes depending on how you push the accelerator, this might be it.

A final possibility is the whining of the instrument cluster, which a number of people have commented on before. But that one is usually described as being high-pitched, as most electronics tend to be.

Could still be something mechanical, but those are my guesses.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
i prefer RUSH!! The only band!lol
Trees is my favorite Rush track. Rush was my first concert! Moving Pictures tour.

I love my GT and hated the wheels at first, but now I really, really like them. They look much better in person.

Twilloo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e Select AWD comfort/tech pkg
Occupation
Retired LEO
Country flag
Two EV-specific thoughts as to what it might be:
1) The pedestrian warning system. Electric vehicles are so quiet that many places have mandated that the car emit some sort of sound at lower speeds so that people will be aware of it. Many automakers seem to have settled on what many people describe as a "spaceship hovering noise." I forgot how the Mach-E does it - if it turns on when you're in Drive and up until 25 MPH, or if you actually have to be moving. In theory you shouldn't hear this from inside of the car, but if you have sensitive hearing, I suppose you might. This is my guess as to what it is, as it sounds closest to "low frequency roar."

2) The sound of the electric motor(s). I don't have my Mach-E yet, but my Leaf motor generates a sound (higher-pitched than not), more noticeable outside of the car but I can still hear it on the inside. If the sound changes depending on how you push the accelerator, this might be it.

A final possibility is the whining of the instrument cluster, which a number of people have commented on before. But that one is usually described as being high-pitched, as most electronics tend to be.

Could still be something mechanical, but those are my guesses.
Thanks but totally ruled out the things you mention above as I am very familiar with those as I have had hybrids before. This is a low frequency road noise and it does not sound like it is from any kind of electronic source.
Sponsored