generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
We have over 1,000 locations nationwide
Nice to have another forum sponsor. I'm surprised you don't have locations in every state if you've got over 1000 of them in the US. Your website won't tell me which location is closest to me, but it does tell me that there isn't one within 250 miles.
Sponsored

J-orange

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Mustang GT vert, 2022 MME Premium eAWD ER
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The closest one to me is 50 miles away.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Good to see all the positive reviews for Discount Tire. There is one a mile from my home. Shortly after I got my Mach-E, I got a flat tire thanks to a big screw in the tread. I tried Discount Tire for the repair but they told me it would be three days before they could fix my flat. It would be interesting to know if they would have provided priority service had I bought the tires from them or if I had bought their tire protection plan. It would be a shame to pay for tire protection and then be told the prepaid repair could not be done for three days. The Ford dealer from whom I bought my Mach-E fixed the flat for me in less than 30 minutes at a very reasonable price. Hope to give Discount Tire a chance some day if they become more accessible. My wife's car will be due for new tires soon. Sounds like an opportunity to find out.

Wk217

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E 4X, '13 Ford C-Max, '15 Ford Flex
Country flag
America's Tire in Millbrae, CA patched the tire on my MachE for free, so I wound up buying 4 tires for my C-Max from there. I think they had 10-12 technicians working in their 4 bays, so definitely in and out within a reasonable amount of time from my appointment.

Wouldn't hesitate to look there first for my tire needs.

ReelSweet

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Nice to have another forum sponsor. I'm surprised you don't have locations in every state if you've got over 1000 of them in the US. Your website won't tell me which location is closest to me, but it does tell me that there isn't one within 250 miles.
I did the same search...don't think they are in the northeast ....kept pointing me to Wichita KS.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
I love Discount Tire. They always get 100% of my business. But I'm scared to death to bring it in to them to fix the slow leak I've developed as this car simply can't be lifted on the basic lifts they use. I see the earlier post that they use the pucks and a floor jack. As least sometimes. But that's a pay attention and make sure they don't screw it up thing. It's way to easy to not pay attention when they are busy and someone pulls it into the basic lift bay and before you can speak up it's too late and the battery rail is damaged...

Wk217

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E 4X, '13 Ford C-Max, '15 Ford Flex
Country flag
I watched while the techs jacked up the car with a floor jack, had to point the jacking location out to them because it wasn't easy to find. The techs were indeed looking for the proper place to jack the car up by, vs just haphazardly placing the jack on the frame and pumping prior to my pointing the location out to them.

I love Discount Tire. They always get 100% of my business. But I'm scared to death to bring it in to them to fix the slow leak I've developed as this car simply can't be lifted on the basic lifts they use. I see the earlier post that they use the pucks and a floor jack. As least sometimes. But that's a pay attention and make sure they don't screw it up thing. It's way to easy to not pay attention when they are busy and someone pulls it into the basic lift bay and before you can speak up it's too late and the battery rail is damaged...

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
Great to see Discount Tire here! I've been doing business with them so long I can honestly say I had tires put on a vehicle in what I believe was their original Ann Arbor shop on Washtenaw (long since repurposed by, I think, a body shop at that location). That was, um, a few years ago...

Don, Doug, and Matt: will I be able to order winter tires for my MME next year such as Viking Contact-7s which I've heard good things about on this forum, or Michelin Ice-Xs which performed admirably on my ICE (no pun intended) 2014 Mustang, or are we pretty much locked in to what the website offers?

Fun fact: when a deer took out the ICE mustang, Discount Tire helped me pick out some wheels and get those Mustang winter tires repurposed onto the Lincoln, and they've made a huge improvement in winter drivability on that car as well.

Again, great to see Discount Tire on the forum!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Yeah, I never get the websites that don't show the locations, just the ones within range of you.

They are in 35 states.

Discount_Tire_USA_100dpi.png

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I watched while the techs jacked up the car with a floor jack, had to point the jacking location out to them because it wasn't easy to find. The techs were indeed looking for the proper place to jack the car up by, vs just haphazardly placing the jack on the frame and pumping prior to my pointing the location out to them.
It's for YOU to pay attention. Sit in your car until they are ready. Pull it in yourself. Stand outside bay and say "you know to use pucks and no lift on this, right?"

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
America's Tire in Millbrae, CA patched the tire on my MachE for free, so I wound up buying 4 tires for my C-Max from there. I think they had 10-12 technicians working in their 4 bays, so definitely in and out within a reasonable amount of time from my appointment.

Wouldn't hesitate to look there first for my tire needs.
Note: America's Tire is Discount Tire's California name.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good to see all the positive reviews for Discount Tire. There is one a mile from my home. Shortly after I got my Mach-E, I got a flat tire thanks to a big screw in the tread. I tried Discount Tire for the repair but they told me it would be three days before they could fix my flat. It would be interesting to know if they would have provided priority service had I bought the tires from them or if I had bought their tire protection plan. It would be a shame to pay for tire protection and then be told the prepaid repair could not be done for three days. The Ford dealer from whom I bought my Mach-E fixed the flat for me in less than 30 minutes at a very reasonable price. Hope to give Discount Tire a chance some day if they become more accessible. My wife's car will be due for new tires soon. Sounds like an opportunity to find out.
One thing that I will tell you is that when I got new tires for my F-150 in the late Fall, Discount Tire would only do appointments, i.e. no walk-ins, due to staffing issues. Even then, they were struggling to keep up. I had a talk with a VP in company. During the pandemic, they had to close stores and let people go. As things started to open, like many companies they've been struggling to get adequate staffing levels. As such, they were focusing on appointments only back then anyway, no walk-ins.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yeah, I never get the websites that don't show the locations, just the ones within range of you.

They are in 35 states.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Hello from Discount Tire!!! Discount_Tire_USA_100dpi
Wow, nothing in the northeast at all. @Discount Tire , any plans to expand up this way? We New Englanders like our tires at a discount too! ☺