Hello from the northern burbs of Chicago

FirstPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 AWD ER Prem red/black, '22 Kia Sorento PHEV
Country flag
Hello everyone. I've actually been reading this forum a lot in the last few months as we did our homework and narrowed our choices down, before settling on the Mach-E. Now I thought I'd join and maybe contribute something (hopefully) of value, since some of the information you all have posted has certainly had value for my wife and I. This will be our first full EV (we have a 2017 Kia Optima PHEV at present), first Mustang, and second Ford (had a 2008 Escape Hybrid for about 5 years).

Here's what we ordered:
'22 Mach-E
Extended Range AWD
Premium Trim
Rapid Red exterior
Black interior

The dealer says he put the order in yesterday, 2/19/22, though what he sent me looks like a preview page and not the true order confirmation. I am guessing that is what he got when he first entered it, but I will ask him for the actual confirmation. Also sent me the bill of sale to sign - price at MSRP, no added fees that I can see, just the stuff I expected: destination ($1100), doc fee ($324), taxes and license/title/registration.
Sponsored

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Congrats on your order. I think you will really like this car.

What 'burb are you in? I worked for the Aurora Fire Dept, retired in 2014 and headed to warmer climes, currently in TN.

PalsyWalsy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 400H, Lexus 300H, Buick Enclave, Mach E GT
Occupation
School Administration
Country flag
Congrats on your order as well. I am north of Chicago (lives there 18 years) but now near Wisc border.

To give a bit of hope, when I ordered it was 28+ weeks expected. I ordered on 10/27/21, got email from Ford same day to confirm. My DMG GT arrives next Weds (scheduled delivery)2/24/22. That is only at 17 weeks, so you never know.

PalsyWalsy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
School Administration
Country flag
For me, I grew up a cubs fan, but I'll be damned if a Chicago team makes it to the world series, I am in.

OP
OP
FirstPony

FirstPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

What 'burb are you in? I worked for the Aurora Fire Dept, retired in 2014 and headed to warmer climes, currently in TN.
Thanks. Northbrook.

I used to volunteer as an EMT, many moons ago in Iowa.

Congrats on your order as well. I am north of Chicago (lives there 18 years) but now near Wisc border.

To give a bit of hope, when I ordered it was 28+ weeks expected. I ordered on 10/27/21, got email from Ford same day to confirm. My DMG GT arrives next Weds (scheduled delivery)2/24/22. That is only at 17 weeks, so you never know.
I like hearing that. Once I get my actual order confirmation, I'll post to that spreadsheet this forum maintains.

The only question that matters: Sox or Cubs? ?
SOX (not Sawx)

PalsyWalsy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
School Administration
Country flag
I worked in Northbrook for 18 years (same amount of time I lived in Chicago as I did the reverse commute). Right across from Sportsman Golf course so I know the area well.

OP
OP
FirstPony

FirstPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I worked in Northbrook for 18 years (same amount of time I lived in Chicago as I did the reverse commute). Right across from Sportsman Golf course so I know the area well.
I'm not a golfer, but they recently rebuilt that whole course and clubhouse. Now called Heritage Oaks.

MachEGTPilot

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F350 DRW, 2020 Escape Hybrid, 2021 MachE GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Hey TRP, were you still on the job in November during the fire at ZAU?

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Hey TRP, were you still on the job in November during the fire at ZAU?
What year are you talking about? Retired Jan 2014

Coincidentally, my wife was an air traffic controller and worked there for 22years. She retired in 2011.
Sponsored