DiscWiz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape, F250
Country flag
Just got my baby home and plugged into the Grizzle-E charger. The charger is flashing blue indicating it found a car, but it is not charging the car. The car has a 79% charge on it and I want to keep it at about 80%. My thought is the car is not accepting the charge. Thoughts? The car shows an orange plug and knows a charger is plugged in.

Thanks,

David

Temp Solution: I toggled the dip switches in the unit so it charged at 32 amp (Up, Down, Up) and it charges now. I'm going to reach out to the company tomorrow to see what their thoughts are. I did read a review that mentioned calibrating the unit might resolve the problem. I did the calibration, but still couldn't charge at 40 amps. I've only heard great things about the company and the customer support.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Help!!! Grizzle-E Flashing Blue- Car Not Charging 1613868266753

Ford Mustang Mach-E Help!!! Grizzle-E Flashing Blue- Car Not Charging 1613869129852

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Unplug the J1772 and plug it back in - IIRC that's supposed to override a charging schedule and charge immediately. Also, what color is the 5 segment ring around the J1772 outlet on the car?

OP
OP

DiscWiz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape, F250
Country flag
Unplug the J1772 and plug it back in - IIRC that's supposed to override a charging schedule and charge immediately. Also, what color is the 5 segment ring around the J1772 outlet on the car?
White...
Ford Mustang Mach-E Help!!! Grizzle-E Flashing Blue- Car Not Charging 1613869691589

OP
OP

DiscWiz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape, F250
Country flag
I've unplugged it many times. I may unplug the charger and see if the car still sees the plug. Could be a power issues to the Grizzle-E. Hummmm.

OP
OP

DiscWiz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape, F250
Country flag
The Grizzle-E is steady blue, which by the manual means ready to charge, but when I plug it in it goes to flashing blue and won't charge.

OP
OP

DiscWiz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape, F250
Country flag
The Grizzle-E is steady blue, which by the manual means ready to charge, but when I plug it in it goes to flashing blue and won't charge.
I plugged in the charge that comes with the car and it is now charging. Must be an issue with the Grizzle-E or the wiring.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
weird. I'm pretty sure my grizzl-e flashes blue when it's charging, and the fact that the ring lights come on suggests it knows it's plugged in. Seems like the car's software is just not calling for a charge.

OP
OP

DiscWiz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape, F250
Country flag
weird. I'm pretty sure my grizzl-e flashes blue when it's charging, and the fact that the ring lights come on suggests it knows it's plugged in. Seems like the car's software is just not calling for a charge.
Kind of a fun puzzle. I will take her out tomorrow and run the battery down to about 20% and see if it will take a charge.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
It flashes green when charging. I just tested. Flashing blue means the vehicle is detected.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
My guess is if you set a max charge the vehicle is not letting it charge beyond that. 79% may be close enough to 80%.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
It is steady blue until I plug it in then it goes flashing blue. So the next step should be Green. In my mind....
Yes. Correct.

OP
OP

DiscWiz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape, F250
Country flag
My guess is if you set a max charge the vehicle is not letting it charge beyond that. 79% may be close enough to 80%.
Since this was the first charge I couldn't set it up until after it started charging. Hoping this is a catch 22. It is charing now and I set the 80% level.

OP
OP

DiscWiz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape, F250
Country flag
The car will call for a charge from the included ford charger, but if I switch out the Grizzle E it won't charge. Fun puzzle!
Sponsored