sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
The car will call for a charge from the included ford charger, but if I switch out the Grizzle E it won't charge. Fun puzzle!
How long did you wait with it plugged in? Plug it and leave it for 10 minutes and see if it starts charging.
Sponsored

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I’m not an electrician and I don’t know if this would make a difference, but maybe the charge rate setting on the charger and the max of the circuit need to match? I have a 50 amp breaker and the Grizzl E set to charge at 40 amps with my NEMA 14-50 outlet it is plugged into.

OP
OP

DiscWiz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape, F250
Country flag
I’m not an electrician and I don’t know if this would make a difference, but maybe the charge rate setting on the charger and the max of the circuit need to match? I have a 50 amp breaker and the Grizzl E set to charge at 40 amps with my NEMA 14-50 outlet it is plugged into.
I have a 50 amp service and the default dip settings for the Grizzle NEMA 6-50. It is not a long run to the panel and I hired a pro to put it in.

OP
OP

DiscWiz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape, F250
Country flag
Known issue. Set the dip switches to 32A and it will charge. Contact the company and they will make it right.
Flipped the dips to Up, Down, Up to set it at 32 Amp and works like a charm. Will call the company on Monday. From the reviews online Grizzle is an excellent company to work with. Thanks for help!

@kWhpony

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired technology professional
Country flag
I’m having my 50A service and Grizzl-e installed in 3 weeks just in time when I expect to take delivery.

Can I realize the fast charging with the factory preset of 40A or should I do the same and change the switch settings to 32A?

OP
OP

DiscWiz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape, F250
Country flag
I’m having my 50A service and Grizzl-e installed in 3 weeks just in time when I expect to take delivery.

Can I realize the fast charging with the factory preset of 40A or should I do the same and change the switch settings to 32A?
I'm going to call the company tomorrow and will let you know. I would expect it to charge at 40 amp though.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Flipped the dips to Up, Down, Up to set it at 32 Amp and works like a charm. Will call the company on Monday. From the reviews online Grizzle is an excellent company to work with. Thanks for help!
You might want to edit your initial post to reflect the solution to the issue so that others with the same problem can find it sooner.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It flashes green when charging. I just tested. Flashing blue means the vehicle is detected.
Green, blue, whatever it takes!

Sorry, I've only charged once with mine so misremembered

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Glad you've at least got the Grizzl-E charging now - Did you order from a reseller or direct? I've switched from my Grizzl-E, but it was working admirably before I did, at 40A. (I switched to Wallbox Pulsar Plus's for power sharing and smarts.)

I'm sure they'll get it replaced for you though, I've heard their CS is topnotch.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

Mine has been working fine at 40A

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Mine has been working fine at 40A
To test it, I charged a Model 3 with mine at 40amp, it worked fine. Although I think my friend said he has only ever seen his M3 pull 32 so maybe it can't do more.
Sponsored