Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
My PaaK was working fine since this original thread 18months ago but like some of you I got the set up PaaK message in the app after the latest update and decided to try setting it up again. Bad idea. I had to do the reset of everything I outlined last year and it worked again, but again that was like a two hour job. Then I noticed in the FordPass app again yesterday the prompt to setup PaaK AGAIN. I just ignored and later when I went to use the car it worked fine and the PaaK was there again. Bottom line-If you get the setup PaaK message in FordPass after your PaaK was working fine. Ignore it. It will fix itself.
Sponsored

jr4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
My PaaK was working fine since this original thread 18months ago but like some of you I got the set up PaaK message in the app after the latest update and decided to try setting it up again. Bad idea. I had to do the reset of everything I outlined last year and it worked again, but again that was like a two hour job. Then I noticed in the FordPass app again yesterday the prompt to setup PaaK AGAIN. I just ignored and later when I went to use the car it worked fine and the PaaK was there again. Bottom line-If you get the setup PaaK message in FordPass after your PaaK was working fine. Ignore it. It will fix itself.

Thanks for the help. Adding my experience in case it helps.

Posting to help you and to help me in case I need to remember how to do this. :)

I had a terrible time setting up the Phone as a Key. First the dealer failed to set it up, but I figured it couldn't be all that hard (wrong!). I had to reset everything, but you have to know how to do that.

I deleted and reinstalled the Ford Pass app at one point because it no longer gave me the option to set up PaaK, even though it was not set up. Then I got to the point where it said it installed correctly, but would not connect to the car. The steps below really helped.

• First I deleted all Ford Bluetooth connections on the car and phone. PaaK wants to be the first connection set up to your car. No phone, no Android Auto, etc.
  • Do a Ford Pass Connect Reset buried under General -> Reset -> FordPass Connect Reset -> PaaK reset. See
  • In the Ford Pass app I went into Features and Settings -> PaaK Settings and deleted any existing keys.
  • It stopped fighting me at this point and was set up in a couple minutes.
  • For Android (not sure about Apple) you will get one or more notifications of a connection attempt. Acknowledge the pair request with the pairing number presented at the start of the process.

Additional info on threads here, but the reset above seems to be the key.
  1. https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/help-i-can’t-get-my-phone-as-key-“paak”-to-pair.4175/
  2. https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/phone-as-key-not-working.3889/

Last edited:

Jonny Utah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Thanks for the help. Adding my experience in case it helps.

Posting to help you and to help me in case I need to remember how to do this. :)

I had a terrible time setting up the Phone as a Key. First the dealer failed to set it up, but I figured it couldn't be all that hard (wrong!). I had to reset everything, but you have to know how to do that.

I deleted and reinstalled the Ford Pass app at one point because it no longer gave me the option to set up PaaK, even though it was not set up. Then I got to the point where it said it installed correctly, but would not connect to the car. The steps below really helped.

• First I deleted all Ford Bluetooth connections on the car and phone. PaaK wants to be the first connection set up to your car. No phone, no Android Auto, etc.
  • Do a Ford Pass Connect Reset buried under General -> Reset -> FordPass Connect Reset -> PaaK reset. See
  • In the Ford Pass app I went into Features and Settings -> PaaK Settings and deleted any existing keys.
  • It stopped fighting me at this point and was set up in a couple minutes.
  • For Android (not sure about Apple) you will get one or more notifications of a connection attempt. Acknowledge the pair request with the pairing number presented at the start of the process.

Additional info on threads here, but the reset above seems to be the key.
  1. https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/help-i-can’t-get-my-phone-as-key-“paak”-to-pair.4175/
  2. https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/phone-as-key-not-working.3889/
This was exactly what I needed. Thanks for laying it out like that.
Sponsored