Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Hey Guys-I picked up Sonic yesterday and I cannot for the life of me get PAAK to work. I got my profile loaded. My wireless car play works great. I reprogrammed the door codes no sweat. I even set up my FordPass payment for EV charging. The PAAK is just not working I was up til 3am trying different things. I turned Bluetooth on and off I deleted and reinstalled the app. I deleted and reloaded my car on the app. I even hard reset sync. I keep getting the same error. I know I am missing something simple that in my euphoria turned anxiety that I am missing. I called Ford twice this morning and both times I was hung up on. In FordPass I clicked set up Phone as key. I move through the prompts and I always get pairing failed. I keep getting pop ups from FordPass that it is doing something but it always fails. Anyone know what I am supposed to do with that temporary code? Any ideas?

A08DA550-E6EF-4EFA-AF23-298D84BD7694.jpeg

F0DEC870-10C7-4D26-A4DE-7320919B1CDB.png

DFCC8234-48CC-4800-8B83-9CEA91B3CF40.jpeg

E1AD0ADC-EC2B-44D8-8A7A-7234CEC37266.jpeg

2CC6311C-3A94-4D0D-B3E5-28271A4007A2.png

E6C1CCE2-793B-4DE9-AF3E-D34FFA521652.jpeg

3A7B9413-F019-4F34-971C-2D32E05AFCF5.png

45DA0525-E500-442B-B71A-31E02FFCA201.jpeg

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Are you parked in an open area so that the car has access to a strong cellular signal?

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
OP
OP
Matthewmohan

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Are you parked in an open area so that the car has access to a strong cellular signal?
I am, but my car is on my Wi-Fi network. Should I turn that off? It wasn’t originally. I added it when I thought the cell service could have been the issue.

OP
OP
Matthewmohan

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Problem solved.I deleted my car from the app. I deleted the Ford pass app. I deleted the phone from the car. I reset all on the PaaK setting on the car. I reloaded the app. I reactivated the car and then set up phone as key. Worked like a charm. All good...

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Problem solved.I deleted my car from the app. I deleted the Ford pass app. I deleted the phone from the car. I reset all on the PaaK setting on the car. I reloaded the app. I reactivated the car and then set up phone as key. Worked like a charm. All good...
Going to have to try this tomorrow as I am having the same issues and Ford could not help. The only thing I have not done is delete the car from the app and reload the app - I ran out of time today and had planned to do exactly that tomorrow.

OP
OP
Matthewmohan

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Going to have to try this tomorrow as I am having the same issues and Ford could not help. The only thing I have not done is delete the car from the app and reload the app - I ran out of time today and had planned to do exactly that tomorrow.
Also make sure that your phones are deleted from the car and the Paak reset. I was able to get both mine and my wife’s both set up.

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
I have tried all of that, your pics illustrate exactly what mine looked like. Its been over 2 seeks, still no PAAK success. Dealership was supposed to get back to me, with some expert. Hasn't happened.

I've deleted the car from app, uninstalled the app, scanned the car back in from VIN off the window sticker after reinstalling the app, etc. Reset the entire car and tried everything from scratch. Gives me the same error. I am on android, wife on Apple. She tried again today, same problem. Gives the 6 digit code to copy/paste, and wont go further. I try every few days, same thing.

OP
OP
Matthewmohan

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Are your phones set up on the car for CarPlay and android auto? Make sure they are deleted and you forget all connections. Also make sure you reset all paak connections in the car. I think my issue was I set up my phones for car play and Bluetooth before PaaK. What I didn’t know is that when this is all set up correctly your phones Bluetooth will have 2 mach e connections. One for CarPlay or android auto and the other for the PaaK. Also once phone as key is set up your phones Wi-Fi will be automatically connected to the phone.

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
Both are set up for Android auto and Apple play now. Originally it was not though before trying PAAK. I honestly don't remember the last time I reset the car if I did that first, or tried PAAK.

So I should try deleting the phone from the car, uninstalling Android Auto and try again? Anything else first I should do before trying?

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Did ALL OF THAT and I still get this:
Ford Mustang Mach-E HELP!  I Can’t Get My Phone as Key “PAAK” to pair 4F7639C2-BB27-4C3B-B7EF-C3E5ADBC0E6B

Which is really frustrating because I had a dealer demo for awhile while waiting for my car and PAAK worked flawlessly.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Did ALL OF THAT and I still get this:
Ford Mustang Mach-E HELP!  I Can’t Get My Phone as Key “PAAK” to pair 4F7639C2-BB27-4C3B-B7EF-C3E5ADBC0E6B

Which is really frustrating because I had a dealer demo for awhile while waiting for my car and PAAK worked flawlessly.
did you delete the Bluetooth profiles from your phone as well?