Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Don’t take this the wrong way, but are you in your car when you’re doing this? Also weird thing, do not put your foot on the brake when you start the car for the set up.
Sponsored

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
And only have one phone in the car. I found that when I tried to connect my wife’s phone while my phone was in the car, her key wouldn’t load.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Don’t take this the wrong way, but are you in your car when you’re doing this? Also weird thing, do not put your foot on the brake when you start the car for the set up.
Yes, and I tried it in accessory mode, car started mode, and car turned off mode. I was out in the middle of a Target parking lot at 8am on a Sunday with no one around me.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
And only have one phone in the car. I found that when I tried to connect my wife’s phone while my phone was in the car, her key wouldn’t load.
No other phones in the car. Perhaps there is some witch doctor dance or other exorcism also required?

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
I am still in the same boat. Tried again this morning. Removed the vehicle from app, deleted the app. Removed the Bluetooth pairing in my phone for Mach-E. Uninstalled Android Auto. Deleted all keys from in the vehicle under the reset option.

Installed the app, added the vehicle by scanning the VIN from dealer tag. Phone Bluetooth was on. Hit "Phone as a key" in the app. Went thru the process again, same pics as posted on page 1. Always a connection issue. Phone is paired up again, plays music fine. I don't see a second pairing that someone mentioned before, just the Mach-E.

The dealership has once again not contacted me, after saying they would with someone to help me. I am pretty tech savy, this shouldn't be this hard. I feel like it is something simple.. but have tried it time and time again. Only got the prompts on the Mach-E screen when I reset the whole car. My wifes iPhone does the same exact thing, gets to 60% and says connection issue. It is also connected via Bluetooth.

I have been pretty patient, starting to get annoyed by it. It's been 3 weeks today. Have tried numerous times.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I am thrilled to find your thread this am.... gives me hope that maybe if I start COMPLETELY over I can get mine installed and configured correctly. I'm a little confused by your directions, because I can't tell when the entries occur in:
FordPass app on phone
Console display

Problem solved.I deleted my car from the app.
I deleted the Ford pass app.
what app did you delete your car from before deleting FordPass app from your phone? this may be the step I am missing for a 'clean slate'.

I deleted the phone from the car.
you mean the regular Bluetooth pairing ?

I reset all on the PaaK setting on the car. I reloaded the app.
the FordPass app on Phone ? download, open, and started went right to setting up Paak before pairing regular Bluetooth at all? This may be the key!

I reactivated the car
{/quote]
in phone app? or, do you mean you turned the car off and back on? I just want to know if there was any particular further reset that you did that I haven't tried....

and then set up phone as key. Worked like a charm. All good...
...following prompts from the FordPass app on phone and using console display only to confirm when asked?

..... sorry to be so dense, but I have been frustrated by this process for a week now, and want to be sure I try clearing whatever is killing my repeat attempts to configure PaaK.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
oooohhhhhh, I'm pretty sure my foot has been on the brake the whole time every time I've tryed this....

OP
OP
Matthewmohan

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
oooohhhhhh, I'm pretty sure my foot has been on the brake the whole time every time I've tryed this....
I deleted my vehicle from the Ford pass app, and then I deleted the app from my phone. Hope that helps.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
OP
OP
Matthewmohan

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Has your phone been set up for car play or android auto?

crazyfool54

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E FE GB
Country flag
I have had PaaK working fine for over a year now. After the last ford pass update (4.16.1) it kept saying “set up phone as a key” on the Home Screen. PaaK was working this hole time. Never carry the fob.

My genius self decided that I was going to reset PaaK and re add it so that message would go away and the window/ trunk buttons would come back. I’ve done this a few times before. Now I’m getting the FAILED PAIRING message 🤦🏽‍♂️

has anyone had any recent luck with fixing this issue? Ford pass customer service told me that I had to have the PaaK update and a module replaced for it to work. Does this make sense? It’s been working fine for a whole year up until today when I tried to reset it! The app had all the buttons until the recent ford pass update. I’d rather not go to the dealer since I don’t think that could be the issue?

*** I’ve tried everything discussed in this thread and haven’t had any luck. Just seeing if there has been any more solutions since the last post

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I have had PaaK working fine for over a year now. After the last ford pass update (4.16.1) it kept saying “set up phone as a key” on the Home Screen. PaaK was working this hole time. Never carry the fob.

My genius self decided that I was going to reset PaaK and re add it so that message would go away and the window/ trunk buttons would come back. I’ve done this a few times before. Now I’m getting the FAILED PAIRING message 🤦🏽‍♂️

has anyone had any recent luck with fixing this issue? Ford pass customer service told me that I had to have the PaaK update and a module replaced for it to work. Does this make sense? It’s been working fine for a whole year up until today when I tried to reset it! The app had all the buttons until the recent ford pass update. I’d rather not go to the dealer since I don’t think that could be the issue?
Assuming you're an Apple phone user... Most people fixed this by force closing the app. But I think @jhalkias had the same scenario that you're describing. Hopefully he can chime in with his fix.

It might also be discussed here:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/fordpass-4-16-0-available-on-ios-and-android.18442/

crazyfool54

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E FE GB
Country flag

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Assuming you're an Apple phone user... Most people fixed this by force closing the app. But I think @jhalkias had the same scenario that you're describing. Hopefully he can chime in with his fix.

It might also be discussed here:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/fordpass-4-16-0-available-on-ios-and-android.18442/
I think I did chime in somewhere, but . . . Just quitting the app did not work for me. I had to go into the Fordpass app and DELETE the key I had been using with my phone, and set it all up again. Once I did that, PAAK worked fine, and now I just have to quit and restart the app periodically to get the buttons back. 🙄

OP
OP
Matthewmohan

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I think I did chime in somewhere, but . . . Just quitting the app did not work for me. I had to go into the Fordpass app and DELETE the key I had been using with my phone, and set it all up again. Once I did that, PAAK worked fine, and now I just have to quit and restart the app periodically to get the buttons back. 🙄
Sponsored