Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
I just sent them an email asking if their 18 inch wheel will clear the brakes on a GT. This route makes a lot of sense. Thanks for suggesting.
I would be VERY surprised if an 18" wheel could clear the brakes on the GT. I have 18" winter wheels (Jaguar F-Pace take-offs) and there is almost no clearance around the front caliper. With the GT brakes being 1" larger I don't see how it would be possible.
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I’ve done this same route many times, and there are at least two stretches that have signs warning “absolutely no services for the next 100 miles.”
there's a stretch on I-94 like that that reads something like "120 miles" and I remember seeing that and thinking, "why don't you just post 'abandon hope, all ye who drive here'".

OP
OP
EELinneman

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I’ve done this same route many times, and there are at least two stretches that have signs warning “absolutely no services for the next 100 miles.”
I know exactly where you are mentioning. My college throwing coach lives near by that stretch, but it would be a big favor to ask for help!

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Overkill I think. I have driven over 800,000 miles in my lifetime and to date, I have never lost a tire on the road. It may happen tomorrow, but that's what AAA is for. Also, once your tires wear, adding a new tire to 3 worn tires can be bad for AWD and ABS/Traction systems.

OP
OP
EELinneman

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I would be VERY surprised if an 18" wheel could clear the brakes on the GT. I have 18" winter wheels (Jaguar F-Pace take-offs) and there is almost no clearance around the front caliper. With the GT brakes being 1" larger I don't see how it would be possible.
They said they are developing their 19 inch spare and will let me know once it's available. I appreciate companies that actively communicate to customers. Wish Ford would do that.

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
I went with a Michelin Alpin Pilot 5 SUV. Pricy, but highly rated, except cost less at at Costco, with a sale. Loose tire not a great idea. I am signed with AAA, and my USAA insurance includes roadside. Safer than a loose tire. and between them I feel OK for changing a tire.
Same tires here - TireRack has some “old stock” for a song for mine for $169 a tire (and I’ll get $80 rebate on them as well). These were sized for OEM 18” wheels, which is what I put them on so I’ll be getting new summer wheel set this spring.
Sponsored