Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Alright, apologies for the post title, but I've now accumulated around 100k in FordPass points and have no idea what to do with them, or even what the redemption process is.

First a few "new to Ford" questions:
  • Roughly how far dollar-wise do the points go? How much are 100k points roughly "worth"?
  • Seems like redemption can only be done at the dealership?
I got my dealer to throw in the Mach-E winter mats and I bought a WeatherTech trunk liner, so other than maybe the 10,000 service I'm not sure what else exists that may be worthwhile.

I assume anything I see here https://accessories.ford.ca/ is fair game?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Alright, apologies for the post title, but I've now accumulated around 100k in FordPass points and have no idea what to do with them, or even what the redemption process is.

First a few "new to Ford" questions:
  • Roughly how far dollar-wise do the points go? How much are 100k points roughly "worth"?
  • Seems like redemption can only be done at the dealership?
I got my dealer to throw in the Mach-E winter mats and I bought a WeatherTech trunk liner, so other than maybe the 10,000 service I'm not sure what else exists that may be worthwhile.

I assume anything I see here https://accessories.ford.ca/ is fair game?

Thanks in advance!
In the US, 200 points is 1 USD. I'm not sure if it's the same conversion in Canada.

I've used my points to buy the Mach-E, buy the Ford Connected Charge Station, do the 10k mile tire rotation, and replace a damaged tire.

You could also use points to buy a cabin air filter, a touch up paint pen, stuff like that.

They can also be used to pay for out of warranty service at a dealer.

The limitation is that points are only redeemable at a dealership and only for service labor and Ford or Motorcraft parts.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
In the US, 200 points is 1 USD. I'm not sure if it's the same conversion in Canada.

I've used my points to buy the Mach-E, ......
Same here!

I am using my Ford Pass points to pay a small down payment on my incoming MME.

Accumulated 90,000 points = $450 to put down on a new car is not shabby.

Helps to lessen the sting of increased interest rates....

It's on it's way - delivery in a few weeks:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Help Me Spend My FordPass Rewards Screen Shot 2022-12-23 at 2.01.21 PM

randomvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Get some wheel locks maybe? You can even use it for any service like a tire rotation down the road.

Terence Murphy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 2 MME Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Computer scientist
Country flag
If you’re worried about your points expiring, I thought you just have to buy something/anything to keep them? Like a keychain?

OP
OP
MellowJohnny

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag

I've used my points to buy the Mach-E, buy the Ford Connected Charge Station, do the 10k mile tire rotation, and replace a damaged tire.

You could also use points to buy a cabin air filter, a touch up paint pen, stuff like that.

They can also be used to pay for out of warranty service at a dealer.

The limitation is that points are only redeemable at a dealership and only for service labor and Ford or Motorcraft parts.
Thanks Jonathan - that's helpful.

How do you like the Connected Charge Station?

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Worth $500 in the US. I used mine for the all weather floormats, some stuff for my truck and a hitch for my Escape PHEV.

They need to be redeemed at a dealer but it doesn't have to be in person (if the person says otherwise they're just being lazy).

I've redeemed points with Fairway Ford via phone and they did it no problem.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
How do you like the Connected Charge Station?
It's okay. 🤷

It's been fully reliable, so that's the most important thing. But the smart functions aren't really worthwhile for me.

The main "smart" benefit is access control for situations where the FCCS is installed in a public or shared space like a parking garage or near a street. I don't need that capability so I never enable access control.

If I hadn't accumulated so much value in FordPass points using the scheme I outlined here, and had the ChargePoint Home Flex actually been in stock when I was ready to purchase it, then I would've gotten that instead of the FCCS.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-strategies-for-mach-e-buyers.1201/post-26429

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
If you’re worried about your points expiring, I thought you just have to buy something/anything to keep them? Like a keychain?
Correct, I believe the fine print states that some points must be redeemed yearly to avoid expiration of balance, the details can be found on Ford.com. I ended up getting a flat tire repaired in month 11 to avoid having to buy an accessory I did not really need.

You can use them for routine maintenance on any vehicle, get your ICE tires rotated, wipers replaced, or an oil change.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
What should I get with my 22K? Any suggestions. I would have got something by now. I have free maintenance. No need to spend it on that. OEM Hood PPF? Getting rock chips now. I cant really get much with 22K. Next time points will be on the negotiation table lol.

I can't add cash right? I tried using it awhile back before they honored it on their accessory page at dealer.

Last edited:

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
What should I get with my 22K? Any suggestions. I would have got something by now. I have free maintenance. No need to spend it on that. OEM Hood PPF? Getting rock chips now. I cant really get much with 22K. Next time points will be on the negotiation table lol.

I can't add cash right? I tried using it awhile back before they honored it on their accessory page at dealer.
Same dilemma. I’m thinking of the mobile charger cover and two insulated bags should total about 21000. Not that I need any of them, but I don’t like the concept of a pile of points sitting in cyber, expiring slowly.

iaming

First Name
Br
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SEL
Same dilemma. I’m thinking of the mobile charger cover and two insulated bags should total about 21000. Not that I need any of them, but I don’t like the concept of a pile of points sitting in cyber, expiring slowly.
The points will expire??

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

This is just over $100 in points... The earlier posts in this thread have some great ideas on how to spend them.

You can't use points for hood PPF, AFAIK, since that's not a Motorcraft, Omnicraft, or Ford part.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
The points will expire??
someone was claiming that you lose some points each year if you don’t use them.
Sponsored