Help! My First Edition arrived at dealer damaged!

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
It's the Carbonized Grey.

I'm checking to see if there is an available FE in the system locally where a customer walked away and didn't complete the sale.

I'd rather have an unblemished one if possible.
That ship has sailed for me. Stone in the windshield on day 3. :(
Waiting for a replacement windshield to be shipped. Dealer said it would be 6-8 days in transit.

20210227_144037.jpg

20210303_163417.jpg

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Waiting for a replacement windshield to be shipped. Dealer said it would be 6-8 days in transit.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Help! My First Edition arrived at dealer damaged! 20210303_163417

Ford Mustang Mach-E Help! My First Edition arrived at dealer damaged! 20210303_163417
I get one of these every 3 years or so. At least they don't have to paint match.

OP
OP
Beege

Beege

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Santa Fe Sport, 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
Country flag
Update:
I found another FE, same color, at another dealer. Original customer decided not to proceed with their order.

so I hustled down to the dealership. Took it for a test drive. Wow!!! So smooth. Incredible fast acceleration. Super quiet inside. No tone or sound coming from dash as others have mentioned. A/C tested nice and cold.

I’m very impressed. Ford did a great job.

Without hesitation I made arrangements to buy this vehicle from this dealer. Pricing as on sticker. Ended up being $200 less than original contract price.
And a nice bonus... the previous customer ordered the ceramic paint treatment. I did not. And since you can’t remove it, or at least not easily, the dealer included it free. 7 year paint warranty they say.
So this shipping damage mishap saved me $200 plus free ceramic coating.
I notified original dealer I would not be accepting delivery of the damaged vehicle. Initial deposit to be refunded.
I pick up the alternate undamaged vehicle tomorrow after the update all software updates and patches.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

Oh wow! That’s awful. And having to wait for a replacement is no fun!

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Update:
I found another FE, same color, at another dealer. Original customer decided not to proceed with their order.

so I hustled down to the dealership. Took it for a test drive. Wow!!! So smooth. Incredible fast acceleration. Super quiet inside. No tone or sound coming from dash as others have mentioned. A/C tested nice and cold.

I’m very impressed. Ford did a great job.

Without hesitation I made arrangements to buy this vehicle from this dealer. Pricing as on sticker. Ended up being $200 less than original contract price.
And a nice bonus... the previous customer ordered the ceramic paint treatment. I did not. And since you can’t remove it, or at least not easily, the dealer included it free. 7 year paint warranty they say.
So this shipping damage mishap saved me $200 plus free ceramic coating.
I notified original dealer I would not be accepting delivery of the damaged vehicle. Initial deposit to be refunded.
I pick up the alternate undamaged vehicle tomorrow after the update all software updates and patches.
Nice outcome. I wonder if the dealer will disclose the paint repair to the ultimate buyer?
Sponsored