Help! Not getting OTA, Ford OTA can't see my system,Dealership can't either.

emgrrr

First Name
Emerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MachE GTPE
Country flag
I used to be able to toggle to turn automatic updates on and off and schedule. Now that option is completely gone from my screen. Been stuck on 3.6.1 since October. Dealership can't see my system on their backend to even push an update through. Ford OTA customer service can't seem to figure out what's what. Dealership needs to call TAC Assistance and they said it could takes weeks before they hear back.
Anyone on here experience this? If I could just get the option to toggle and schedule updates, maybe it'll update but no one can tell why that functionality is gone.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Help! Not getting OTA, Ford OTA can't see my system,Dealership can't either. IMG_9184

IMG_9186.jpg

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
You do not have any updates pending. Ford schedules them out in waves, and your VIN hasn't been selected yet. There isn't anything you can select in FordPass or the vehicle to change that.

You can check the DIY FDRS thread for options on how to get the equipment necessary to do it yourself, or your dealer could use FDRS to do it, but it won't be a complimentary service.

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (Build in progress)
Country flag
You do not have any updates pending. Ford schedules them out in waves, and your VIN hasn't been selected yet. There isn't anything you can select in FordPass or the vehicle to change that.

You can check the DIY FDRS thread for options on how to get the equipment necessary to do it yourself, or your dealer could use FDRS to do it, but it won't be a complimentary service.
That's not causing the options to disappear.

OP, the OTA team is a mess. They are much more helpful than the front end CS people, but still don't have a set plan. Usually they give up and just say wait a week and go to the dealer.

There are a few forum members there that can look up for FDRS data and some even have access to the OTA dashboard and might be able to help out.

OP
OP
emgrrr

emgrrr

First Name
Emerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MachE GTPE
Country flag

I do have 3.6.1 pending. shows in the system when they put my VIN in their system and the app says same...this has been since Oct...biggest thing for me is why did the option to toggle and schedule disappear and how do I get that back?

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag

OP, the OTA team is a mess. They are much more helpful than the front end CS people, but still don't have a set plan. Usually they give up and just say wait a week and go to the dealer.

There are a few forum members there that can look up for FDRS data and some even have access to the OTA dashboard and might be able to help out.
If we complain to the OTA team and they tell us go to the dealer, will the dealer charge us? My dealer is extremely money hungry.

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (Build in progress)
Country flag
If we complain to the OTA team and they tell us go to the dealer, will the dealer charge us? My dealer is extremely money hungry.
Probably if it’s not under some TSB. Maybe you could argue something “warranty”

I was a day away from rescheduling my dealer appointment when mine started working.
Get a case number if calling OTA people. Might help make it a warranty issue (just speculation)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Dealers don’t like doing work for free. Ford won’t pay the dealer unless it’s a warranty issue, recall item or covered by a specific TSB. Which puts you in something of a Catch-22. You can’t get a dealer update because the car isn’t broke. The car isn’t broke because Ford hasn’t pushed a single OTA to you and many others. It’s nonsensical.

The real culprit here, in my non-professional opinion, is Ford’s inexplicable failure to push updates to far too many cars leaving the owners in a lurch. Why? No one on this forum really knows.The forum has repeated postings about North American cars still on 3.5.4 including many early access cars while others rapidly moved through to 4.1.3. The end result is that instead of funneling the cars towards a single software version, the version diversity among the NA MME population has increased.

And don’t get those in the EU, Euro zone, and U.K. started on the state of their updates.

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Im still stuck trying to get my LVB magically to 95% so 3.6.2 will finally install. OP, almost alll of us feel your pain. I love the MME, in every way more so than our old Tesla, except for the absolute horrible OTAs. How hard can it really
Be????

OP
OP
emgrrr

emgrrr

First Name
Emerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MachE GTPE
Country flag

Thx. I’ll find a forum & ask there

OP
OP
emgrrr

emgrrr

First Name
Emerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MachE GTPE
Country flag
Probably if it’s not under some TSB. Maybe you could argue something “warranty”

I was a day away from rescheduling my dealer appointment when mine started working.
Get a case number if calling OTA people. Might help make it a warranty issue (just speculation)
Got a case #. Thx

OP
OP
emgrrr

emgrrr

First Name
Emerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MachE GTPE
Country flag
Dealers don’t like doing work for free. Ford won’t pay the dealer unless it’s a warranty issue, recall item or covered by a specific TSB. Which puts you in something of a Catch-22. You can’t get a dealer update because the car isn’t broke. The car isn’t broke because Ford hasn’t pushed a single OTA to you and many others. It’s nonsensical.

The real culprit here, in my non-professional opinion, is Ford’s inexplicable failure to push updates to far too many cars leaving the owners in a lurch. Why? No one on this forum really knows.The forum has repeated postings about North American cars still on 3.5.4 including many early access cars while others rapidly moved through to 4.1.3. The end result is that instead of funneling the cars towards a single software version, the version diversity among the NA MME population has increased.

And don’t get those in the EU, Euro zone, and U.K. started on the state of their updates.
No lie. What a mess

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
Im still stuck trying to get my LVB magically to 95% so 3.6.2 will finally install. OP, almost alll of us feel your pain. I love the MME, in every way more so than our old Tesla, except for the absolute horrible OTAs. How hard can it really
Be????
You really like the Mach-E more? Tbh after a year of ownership I have never had buyers regret more. The car functions fine, drives amazing, looks amazing. If it wasn’t so damn expensive and billed as a tech-forward car I’d be happy.

but I have never been a “car” guy.I work in tech and I do consider myself a tech/computer guy at heart.

The Mach-E to me has been a giant let down. I put a huge down payment on the car though so the numbers don’t work for me to trade it in.

so now I’m just waiting for the tech to catch up meanwhile I haven’t gotten an update since last October. (3.6.1)

OP
OP
emgrrr

emgrrr

First Name
Emerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MachE GTPE
Country flag
You really like the Mach-E more? Tbh after a year of ownership I have never had buyers regret more. The car functions fine, drives amazing, looks amazing. If it wasn’t so damn expensive and billed as a tech-forward car I’d be happy.

but I have never been a “car” guy.I work in tech and I do consider myself a tech/computer guy at heart.

The Mach-E to me has been a giant let down. I put a huge down payment on the car though so the numbers don’t work for me to trade it in.

so now I’m just waiting for the tech to catch up meanwhile I haven’t gotten an update since last October. (3.6.1)
I feel you. I'm starting to slowly feel the same. In too deep now so I too just keep waiting and hoping

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
OP, I know this probably doesn't fix the underlying issue of your OTA not getting installed, but I am more than happy to update your car with FDRS, if you'd like.

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

I love it. My 5.0 has been sitting in the carport more and more because the MME GT is so much fun to drive. I even take it to the airstrip to race it every few weeks. Yeah, I’ve gotten accustomed to the 5 sec nonsense and hope there’s a fix for that soon.
I hated how the MYP required interaction with the main screen for EVERYTHING. Wanna change the vent angle? Find the screen “button” - I appreciate all of the MME knobs and real buttons.

the tech side iswhere the MME falls flat for me with theseOTAs tho. My goodness 3.6.2 is maddening. I’m literally, right now, sitting in the car on a level 2 ChargePoint to try to get the LVB to 95% to do this OTA. 92% so far… almost there…….
Sponsored