Help! Picking up Order today. Dealer won't honor price protection

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
I'm going to pick up my MME today. They sent me the quote today with the current MRSP that reflects the MRSP increase. I have documentation of the original ordered price before the increase. This was just a screen capture of my order with original price and their acceptance of the order from October. I should have had it in writing but I figured screen capture was enough at the time. They tell me they will send me a check for the difference when they get the rebate from Ford in 60 days and they can't take a negative hit in the mean time. Is this legit?

I asked for them to put it in writing and to give me a contact person to follow up with regarding the check for the MRSP difference.

I am happy they are honoring Ford Options and $2500 rebate for it, thanks for this tip from the forum!
Sponsored

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
Congrats and I ordered last October 2021 as well.
Folsom Lake Ford tried to give me crap as well with the price protection when I picked it up on 3/31/22. However after a few quibbles, They called Ford and honored the original pricing of my GTPE.

Post pics after you get it!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
They tell me they will send me a check for the difference when they get the rebate from Ford in 60 days and they can't take a negative hit in the mean time. Is this legit?
Unfortunately, yes that’s one of the options that Ford gives to dealers.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have read where others have received that kind of deal. Make sure they apply for the price protection refund. It is automatic after they show proof you are the one who purchased it. And you did the right thing getting it in writing!

OP
OP

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
Thanks good to know refunding the difference later is a practice and they are not lying.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks good to know refunding the difference later is a practice and they are not lying.
Just a heads up. The dealer receives a dealer payment statement once a month. The PP payment will be listed on that. Hopefully your dealer will pay you back without issue but this is how they get paid by Ford. Probably take 2 months.

discobeef

First Name
Biff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE Grabber Blue
Country flag
Congrats and I ordered last October 2021 as well.
Folsom Lake Ford tried to give me crap as well with the price protection when I picked it up on 3/31/22. However after a few quibbles, They called Ford and honored the original pricing of my GTPE.

Post pics after you get it!
On Friday I was enroute to purchase and pick up a car from Folsom Lake Ford that they took a deposit from me on and they called and told me to go back home as they had sold to antoher customer who was willing to pay more Markup. Couldn't have been more disappointed in the way they handled the whole thing. We had a verbal ( worthless these days I know ) and they took a $1000 deposit to give me time to drive there and they still changed their minds. Some dealers dont see people just a number on some sales managers spreadsheet. Someday soon they will have to return to treating customers with common decency.

SublimeRkz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium ER
Occupation
Bankruptcy Law
Country flag
I, too, ordered from Folsom Lake Ford. They did not honor the price protection (it was originally a 2021, got rolled to a 2022, etc.). I'm still searching for way to get them to apply for it and then issue the check to me, but they've been fighting me every step of the way.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I, too, ordered from Folsom Lake Ford. They did not honor the price protection (it was originally a 2021, got rolled to a 2022, etc.). I'm still searching for way to get them to apply for it and then issue the check to me, but they've been fighting me every step of the way.
The only reason I can think of them acting like this is they intend to apply and keep it themselves. I can’t think of any other reason they would be against it. Hopefully you can get through to them and they will do it!

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
So sorry to hear about Folsom Lake Ford
@discobeef & yourself got the short end of this deal especially if you ordered in 2021 like I did

I would fight it as long as possible & depends on how much the ADM or price increase is dictates how I would approach the purchase. It’s all about the demand of the MME which drive Dealerships to be greedy forgetting value in reputation.

Sucks to hear horrible experiences

annanri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2022 Premium Red
Country flag
Guys, what is exactly the price protection amount? I am picking my mme this week and want to be prepared. Is it $750 that Ford emailed about when they automatically changed order from 21 to 22 model, or is the the difference between current msrp and the ordered date msrp? Thanks for explaining.

Epps

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
Is it $750 that Ford emailed about when they automatically changed order from 21 to 22 model, or is the the difference between current msrp and the ordered date msrp? Thanks for explaining.
Price protection is a program to cover the difference in current MSRP and the ordered date MSRP.

The $750 is a separate incentive from Ford for people converted from 2021 to 2022 models.

annanri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2022 Premium Red
Country flag
Price protection is a program to cover the difference in current MSRP and the ordered date MSRP.

The $750 is a separate incentive from Ford for people converted from 2021 to 2022 models.
So I don't suppose you get both if you model was automatically upgraded..?

SublimeRkz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium ER
Occupation
Bankruptcy Law
Country flag
So I don't suppose you get both if you model was automatically upgraded..?
You should get both. The $750 was an incentive for converted orders. The price protection (for many of the orders) should be the 2k difference between the price in October and the price in late December/January.

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
On Friday I was enroute to purchase and pick up a car from Folsom Lake Ford that they took a deposit from me on and they called and told me to go back home as they had sold to antoher customer who was willing to pay more Markup. Couldn't have been more disappointed in the way they handled the whole thing. We had a verbal ( worthless these days I know ) and they took a $1000 deposit to give me time to drive there and they still changed their minds. Some dealers dont see people just a number on some sales managers spreadsheet. Someday soon they will have to return to treating customers with common decency.
Yet another example of a flat-out unethical business practice by a California Ford dealer.

You should complain to Ford Corporate and the State of California. In this hot market, shortsighted dealers have a big incentive to price-gouge their customers to the max. They don't realize or don't care that this creates such ill-will towards them that their businesses will eventually suffer.

I hope you post your experience in as many places as you can, including Yelp, Google, and Ford forums.

Ultimately, it's probably going to take either a state law or class-action lawsuit to stop these unethical dealers.
Sponsored